British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

I was under the impression you could only bring another 8pt rider in if he replaced the original one ie Kurtz.

So did I but seemingly that's not the case. So it's seems we can now bring in fast Freddie to help our ailing team :D

Edited by ray c

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

looking at the crowd again last night bringing in a big hitting very expensive  no1 would be gamble,a decision i wouldnt like to have to make(unless he`ll ride for 50 quid a point and a tankfull of petrol !!)

Yes not an easy decision in a sport which is arguably dropping further in fan support looking at some of the comments coming from BV Fans etc BV etc. If the all singing and all dancing NSS is struggling to attract over 1000 then maybe some harsh and tough decisions need to be taken at the end of this season. Poole arguably have not been hit so bad as they kept their Wed night as not reliant on Danish League racers so dont lose out. What has hit their crowds imo is a combination of the rain offs/poor weather - poor start for the team as not lived up to what many expected (incl myself). Even last night had an element of doubt with rain soaked track delaying the start and even then RH took better to it. Or was it because RH had so many experts of the Poole track - or maybe Poole riders were poor (as shown in most meetings so far) - Maybe the truth is a combo of all of those factors.

Another 300 souls per meeting would bring in say £5.5K plus extra's. Is it enough ?? or would sponsors also plug part of that cost. Who knows.

The fact remains that if Matt leaves it as is we may well see a continuance of falling crowds if the team under perform. You are kind of damned if you do and damned if you dont. If Matts main source of personal income is from Poole Speedway then surely he has to do something in what supposed to be (and was well reported and advertised) a very special season.

Let's be honest even if you look on the BSF Forum the amount of posting is hardly inspiring in general. Poole themselves by far take up the biggest content and  even on here the input is at times slow to poor in contributors. Its like real interest in sensible dialogue and opinion is on the wain. Thats no dig at those who contribute as we need as many as possible, but we need more constructive contribution and less of what some call trolling/digging for the sake of having a pop.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

So did I but seemingly that's not the case. So it's seems we can now bring in fast Freddie to help our ailing team :D

You can try but he said he's happy to not ride over here this season and think that's even more so now the way he's started abroad and in GPs:lol:

Chris Holder is not in your declared 1-7 and to introduce him (or any other rider), there are three options:

1. Bring in another rider with an average equal to or less than the rider he is to replace.  Unlikely to help your situation unless acted on before the new averages come out.

2. Redeclare your team to the 42.5 points limit which means that you can do whatever surgery you want up to the average limit - based on the CMAs of riders at the time of the redeclaration.  There is no limit on the number of 8+ riders and you can’t have any riders who rode for you last season and not in your initial 1-7 this year.

3.  Keep your current team and pray for a miracle.

I’m sure there are probably other options using a combination of the above.  I still don’t think there is any need for panic but I’m sure we will find out more over the coming weeks.

Also, once a rider is released, he cannot be reintroduced at a later date.

All subject to the usual caveat of approval by MC or the purchase of bricks or any other suitable bribe!

Edited by Steve0

4 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

You can try but he said he's happy to not ride over here this season and think that's even more so now the way he's started abroad and in GPs:lol:

Did he not say at the start of the season that Team Lindgren needed a min earning budget to consider UK ???. Much of Wolves decision was based on the finance of Freddie against Thorssell who I believe was a lot cheaper. Also Freddie lives in that tax haven of Andorra. Tough at the top huh ???

I am sure if the money was rigjt then Team Lindgren would ride UK but agree it would be expensive. Don't think he is committed to DK so no clash with them but for sure flying out between Andorra/POL/SWE/UK. His commuting costs wold be a packet with mechanics - equip etc/etc and thats without his actual cost to ride here.

A redeclaration is the way it will go. With points freed up from Josh, Brady, Linus we can bring in Holder and Freddie in place of Josh.  Not that it is likely to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Chris Holder is not in your declared 1-7 and to introduce him (or any other rider), there are three options:

1. Bring in another rider with an average equal to or less than the rider he is to replace.  Unlikely to help your situation unless acted on before the new averages come out.

2. Redeclare your team to the 42.5 points limit which means that you can do whatever surgery you want up to the average limit - based on the CMAs of riders at the time of the redeclaration.  There is no limit on the number of 8+ riders and you can’t have any riders who rode for you last season and not in your initial 1-7 this year.

3.  Keep your current team and pray for a miracle.

I’m sure there are probably other options using a combination of the above.  I still don’t think there is any need for panic but I’m sure we will find out more over the coming weeks.

Also, once a rider is released, he cannot be reintroduced at a later date.

All subject to the usual caveat of approval by MC or the purchase of bricks or any other suitable bribe!

That's why I said in earlier posts that I think he will redeclare when the new rider GSA's come out and taking also advantage of Kurtz's current 7.63 rolling GSA after last night - Holders 7.16 - Sundstrom/Woryna/Spaniaks lower/new GSA's after the last qulifying meeting on 23/5 - Nielsen keeping his 3.67 as not ridden enough meetings for a new GSA - plus a new 8 pointer.

There is now way he will drop Kurtz. Also I think its fair to Brady who had an av almost dead on 8 points but for me was always going to struggle to keep that being a new number one with also all the POL/SWE commitments and still learning his trade. The good thing about the 20 match rolling GSA is that it is more reflective of his true av and cannot also be viewed as rigged just based on say new riders 4H-4A where they are establishing themselves in a new league or havent ridden for some years.

For me Ford will go for option 2 and if he doesn't then I for one will be VERY surprised.

Another poor crowd at Poole last night unless Matt has got buckets loads of money in the bank can't see much improvement in the team we got now .the Chris holder saga has not done Poole speedway any good at all.next week meeting is a quarter way though the season and still no sign of holder 

7 hours ago, ray c said:

We have now been on imminent for the last couple of weeks for Chris holder so how long is imminent;)

6 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

After next Wednesday.

How on earth people think we can bring Freddie Lindgren in on a 9.29 (2017) average I just don''t know!!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

How on earth people think we can bring Freddie Lindgren in on a 9.29 (2017) average I just don''t know!!

We have a couple of points to play with 

Deluded, Poole will get average riders to replace average riders, no grand prix riders, why would they join a bottom team in a poor league?

Edited by Trackrat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Don't disagree with a lot you say Starman. BUT.... I can't help thinking Matt has something up his sleeve to come in and accomodate these new GSA's that will come in after the Wolves home meeting as that is the last qualifying date for the new riders this season (4h - 4A). What with Brady also now on target to be below 8 for June (7.63 on his rolling 20 match GSA going into the Wolves match)so allows another heat leader. I assume excl Nielsen who could be a real ace in the pack if he can keep that 3.67 going into June. he should do with what will be only 4 matches completed.

We have 6 matches between 28/5 and 27/6 and would be nice if we could get Woryna also at  reserve where with a 6/7 ride possibility could be another ace up the sleeve. We have already seen him starting to improve riding if not points wise and wouldnt surprise me if it all comes together for him June onwards.

I see Poole have updated their stats on the website for the riders. Incredibly Woryna and Spaniak on exactly the same potential GSA of 4.90. Spaniak slightly higher if you factor in BP. Will be interesting if they make sure Woryna scores at least one point less than Spaniak for that last GSA qualifying meeting next Wednesday ;-)

I just feel that if they can get a reasonably consistent top man (and I dont mean Chris as he is too inconsistent until he proves to me otherwise), then this team probably really can scale some heights as some of these riders who have been struggling really start showing what they are capable of.

As I said before. Could be an interesting week or so on the team news front.

As things stand  I think we need two... imo, Chris and A N Other, But, there has been improvement, when like i said, nothing, has gone for us from the get go, whether it be the weather or the track conditions, because of the weather, riders are not riding on a consistant track, and when you have newbies in the side you do need that consistancy. You can forget Wolverhampton, nobody will be winning there, but as you are well aware, you must win your home meetings first and formost and then pick up what you can on the road.
Having looked at the table, and given Swindon got beat last night, no one team above us stands out, and we are not halfway through the season yet. We i think are 5 points off the top. Everything being equal we will finish in the play off's, and top, is not out of reach.. But whatever 7 we have, they have got to want it, it will not be given to you on a plate..

Edited by Starman2006