British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Because you are. Now whats your next question, mr happy. :t:

You really are a nasty piece of work. As I have said to you several times before - if you have nothing nice to say best not say anything!

• Like 1

This whole matter will continue to divide opinion.

I just think the whole banning/sacking process has been somewhat devisive to me in the way the ban then the sacking then the 9 month ban all followed a set pattern despite comments that Chapman has no connection or influence on SCB decision. Yeah right !!!!!!!

A ban/fine/sacking if need be should have been done at the same time in my opinion. What the fine and ban should have been are open to debate but the whole process to me seems like a plan hatched by Chapman and the SCB agreed behind the scenes.

Will be interesting to see if any appeal sees a small reduction in ban period so he can at least start next year.

I am not going to defend Holder's actions on the night (or should I say the way he went about it). But the penalty does not to me fit the crime. There is still plenty that Chapman has to answer for in the preparing of the track - its condition and also his actions one week later in cancelling a meeting due to his sudden attack of feeling for the safety of the riders which one week earlier he didn't seem too concerned about.

There are no winners in this sad saga but Chapman in my opinion has hardly been a shining light in the way he has conducted himself not only on the track preparation but his subsequent actions and comments.

As for Holder the punishment is now in place and now its just a case of if there is any time reduction and or fine reduction on appeal.

Why is this so hard to grasp?!

Thy suspended him pending and investigation. They investigated and decided to fine and ban him.

Go in to work tomorrow and walk out before lunch saying you'll be back tomorrow. He same will happen to you, you'll be suspended pending a disiplinary hearing where you could potentially be sacked.

The SCB followed guidelines here and acted in the correct and professional manner. It just happens to have been the case that in the middle of it, Kings Lynn sacked him.

FX 1

EX2 4

R 9

Total 14

Plus 1 Withdrawn by medics

I've not looked at other meetings at KL but that looks to me that not just Holder had an issue with the circuit.

A whistle blowing policy needs adding in to the rule book IMO.

In the Speedway Star version of the interview with Holder today (rather than the speedwaygp version) it states that Holder has no issues with a visa in 2018 and will be back ready to race in the Spring - after he has appealed.

Agreed he wasn't present at the initial hearing but for some to simply say 'he didn't turn up' is pure argumentative speculation - and I'm one of those who agreed he should have got a ban but NOT to stop him from riding, bearing in mind he couldn't have re-signed for Poole this year anyway!!!

In the Speedway Star version of the interview with Holder today (rather than the speedwaygp version) it states that Holder has no issues with a visa in 2018 and will be back ready to race in the Spring - after he has appealed.

Agreed he wasn't present at the initial hearing but for some to simply say 'he didn't turn up' is pure argumentative speculation - and I'm one of those who agreed he should have got a ban but NOT to stop him from riding, bearing in mind he couldn't have re-signed for Poole this year anyway!!!

I read the SS article as well. Quite apart from the rights or wrongs of what Holder did of didn't do, it reinforces the fact that Chapman is not the person to be chairman of the body responsible for the day to day running of the sport in this country. He will continue to divide not unite.

Hes had his chance to put his side of events over and didn`t turn up.

Imagine being banned for bringing sport into disrepute, not turning up to the hearing and then slagging off the sport and saying you're going to appeal.

1. He has continued to bring the sport into disrepute.

2. If he couldn't be bothered to turn up to the hearing an appeal is gong to laugh at him

The guy is mad. I'll laugh when they extend his ban.

Imagine being banned for bringing sport into disrepute, not turning up to the hearing and then slagging off the sport and saying you're going to appeal.

1. He has continued to bring the sport into disrepute.

2. If he couldn't be bothered to turn up to the hearing an appeal is gong to laugh at him

The guy is mad. I'll laugh when they extend his ban.

I don't know if there is a reason why he missed the hearing,but he ain't doing himself any favours the way he talks about the sport.The hole he started digging looks like its getting deeper.

• Like 1

You really are a nasty piece of work. As I have said to you several times before - if you have nothing nice to say best not say anything!

Then he'd have nothing to say at all.

I remember a time when paperboys had more respect.

• Like 1

Don't get where there would/should be an issue.

If Poole can (or IF) they announce Woryna for 2018 then why can't they announce Holder ??. He is after all a Poole asset who was on loan to Kings Lynn for 2017.

If there was any potential blocking by the BSPA/SCB then to me it is obvious insider rigging from both parties to deliberately try and block him riding in UK.

Someone else has already responded to the rest of your message, but there there is a big difference between a Pole, and guy who needs a working visa which needs to follow strict guidelines before it's issued. My original message was about saying about the continuity of his visa that someone else mentioned.

Any "blocking" as you put it wouldnt be because of any paranoia of rigging as you suspect, simply because why on earth would they ok visas for the following year anyway when they don't even know whats gonna be happening ?

Also, i imagine if Buster is as bitter as you lot think, he will have no doubt informed the relevant bodies and Holder is on his 60 days notice already, which i imagine may impact also.

I suspect Holder didnt turn up for his discipinary because he has contempt for British speedway authorities.

Then someone (one of his mates) said to him why dont you appeal. He thought thats a good idea, so thats what he is talking about doing.

Crackers.

• Like 1

Holder never turned up for his hearing so it's no wonder he got the ban that he did ..not sure why hes going to appeal if he has such a low opinion of UK speedway .

• Like 8

Agreed he wasn't present at the initial hearing but for some to simply say 'he didn't turn up' is pure argumentative speculation

It's late and I have had a 14 hour working day and tired so maybe I am reading wrong, but what's the difference? He didn't turn up and wasn't present amounts to the same thing doesn't it?

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 3

It's late and I have had a 14 hour working day and tired so maybe I am reading wrong, but what's the difference? He didn't turn up and wasn't present amounts to the same thing doesn't it?

Perhaps he turned up but decided not to be present because the floor was slippery and too dangerous to walk on! ;)

• Like 8