British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

You're guessing and wrong. No promoter could sign them as they were released after the cut off.

Chris Holder‏ @Chris_Holder23 17m17 minutes ago

More[/size

Well that pretty much sums up the boss of British speedway... releasing me and Troy a day after the cut of date for signings... cheers

Sorry but I don't put much store in anything Holder says. I'm still waiting for his promised statement following his walk out.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 6

Who cares? You reap what you sew.

Now how do we fit Chris in ?

You're guessing and wrong. No promoter could sign them as they were released after the cut off.

Chris Holder‏ @Chris_Holder23 17m17 minutes ago

More

Well that pretty much sums up the boss of British speedway... releasing me and Troy a day after the cut of date for signings... cheers

They would've been released before the cut off otherwise the changes wouldn't happen. They were obviously told after the cut off but promoters would know before as they have to sanction it

• Like 3

It's a joke, time for an independent body to come in & run it properly. We keep making mistake after mistake & making it look so unprofessional. How can you sack/release a rider Friday but only tell them on Monday after the dead-line, shambolic!

• Like 1

Riders with the attitude of Holder & Batchelor are major contributors to the current state of british speedway.

No they aren't, they're nothing to do with it. We serve up dangerous sh*tty tracks to some of the best riders in the world, and then sack them when they refused to ride it. Not only do we sack them, but we spitefully ensure they cannot ride again in Britain this year. Well I can tell you now, they won't be back, and that will be a far bigger loss to us than to them.

• Like 1

They graded the track and riders from both sides said it was fine after that. Holder and Batchelor still packed up and went home.

Personally I'd rather not have the big guns over here.

And some of them disagreed. Everyone should be entitled to a safe working environment. And while you might be happy to lose the big guns, I'm afraid the majority are not and that's why the majority are not attending anymore. Unfortunately for you the majority pay the bills. All you've got left to look forward to is higher attendance prices for poorer speedway.

• Like 1

Riders with the attitude of Holder & Batchelor are major contributors to the current state of british speedway.

As are promoters with the attitude of Chapman.

• Like 3

No they aren't, they're nothing to do with it. We serve up dangerous sh*tty tracks to some of the best riders in the world, and then sack them when they refused to ride it. Not only do we sack them, but we spitefully ensure they cannot ride again in Britain this year. Well I can tell you now, they won't be back, and that will be a far bigger loss to us than to them.

Well you are entitled to that opinion , but perhaps a look at the bigger picture might be a good idea. ;)

• Like 4

Am I not right in thinking that Lambert, Hukenbeck also refused to ride. Surely Holder & Batch are riders of experience so their opinions on whether the track was/is dangerous should be listened too?!

They graded the track and riders from both sides said it was fine after that. Holder and Batchelor still packed up and went home.

Personally I'd rather not have the big guns over here.

There gave been countless examples over the years of riders refusing to ride. I recall at Hyde Rd on the 80s alone Ole Olsen refusing to take his last ride (dispute over an aces riders tyre iirc), Bo Peterson and Bobby Schwartz both walking out half way through a meeting due to conditions, and the entire reading team walking out with 3 heats to go. I'm certain none of them were suspended or fired.

Here I guess the difference is they were home riders. BUT if I didn't feel safe at work (and I appreciate in my field the worst that's likely to happen is to be hit by an out of control pivot table) I think I would make a stand to.

Batch has always been reluctant to ride in sub optimal conditions, but has been KL best performer this season. Holder seems - imo understandably in light of his injuries and Darcys accident - to also be reticent to ride when the track is dicey. But he's been loyal to British speedway over a number of years, and just the previous night had turned on arguably his best performance of the season.

Appreciate others will have differing views but imo this is a massive over reaction, and also surely kills KLs play off hopes and will surely impact their crowds as well for the rest of the season.

• Like 3

I will try and answer the question- firstly the rule

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th July with the effective date being 31st July, except
for riders returning to the Team after injury.

The 72 hours difference in time between submitting a change and the start date of the change is for the BSPA to check out the legalitity of any change(average, work permit situation etc etc)

Kings Lynn could submit the paperwork for any change up to 11.59pm on the 28th- now they are not required to tell the riders they are replacing until acceptance has been given the green light by the BSPA sometime presumably within the 72 hours.

I am not saying what kings lynn have done is right or wrong- just giving the mechanics.

What I would say is that wind of changes would normally surface during this 72 hour period- for this not to happen on this occasion I would say is unusual - promoters sticking together perhaps !!!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 4

They deliberately waited till after the cut of date to stop anybody else signing them. No supprise there..

Wouldn't disagree about the promoters, but a big clean up is required and tails wagging the dog isn't healthy.

• Like 2