British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Bellevue Wed 23rd Aug

Guest GiveusaB

I'm paying for a Cradley fan to come and see us wallop BV tonight....just so that he can see what Cradley need to do on Monday :t:

There's no way Lee Payne wouldve held an 8.48 average ???

Belle Vue know exactly what they're doing with the R/R facility....

As for Drury not postponing this fixture yet again, is complete and utter twaddle.....Bewley doesnt ride till the weekend.....there are plenty of flights to Latvia after tonight???

If there's anyone to blame then take a look closer to home BV !!!

P.s I bet if the first team were riding tonight, Bewley would've been there!

Going to side with Bewley on this one. After all he is not in a privileged situation to have multiple vans, bikes & pit crew. Even if he could have sent his van out on the road to Latvia and flown out later who would have taken him to the airport, traveled with him etc

Whilst i am firmly of the opinion that anyone who races in an adult league should be treated as an adult a rider in the early stages of his career should still be cut some flak.

• Like 2

P.S and when the first fixture was scheduled.....it was Drury that sanctioned the re-inclusion of Bewley and Smith after BV's first team match had been called of early, at Poole!

We will beat BV tonight....full team or 'bending the rules team' ! LOL

P.P.S must be devastating having to settle for mid 50's every meeting.....if that's all you're worried about, it shows where your 'interest' lies within development ! :party:

My 50s comment was nothing more than to state how much we miss Payne of which the scores say we do and you are wrong.

My development interests lie with 3 of the best prospects in the league riding for my team watching them improve every meeting its a pleasure to watch.

Yes and Lee Payne's had a long injury lay off to the benefit of R/R for Belle Vue ???

Bloody joke !

I think we're going to give BV a hammering tonight !!! :t:

There's been many amazingly wide of the mark posts on BSF over the years but this is up there with the best.

Do these people even watch speedway???

Stronger with R/R for Lee???

4 points says otherwise.

Hammering. 😂

Hope the Cradley fan you paid for enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Great win lads. Well done

I'm paying for a Cradley fan to come and see us wallop BV tonight....just so that he can see what Cradley need to do on Monday :t:

Wallop lol. What a plonker.

• Like 2

Congratulations to Belle Vue, Brummies tail was too long tonight.

Great advert for the National League with some cracking racing, particularly from Parkinson-Blackburn.

thoroughly enjoyed tonight's meeting if we finished rock bottom but every meeting was like that i would take that...

Ends our playoff hopes unfortunately but we still had the decency to applaud BV for there victory lap

Best team on the night won i think just

Edited by redandyellow

Real sucker punch that tonight, we're going to need a lot of help now, Williamson and Shuttleworth were brilliant for the Colts, and sadly for us Carr just got squeezed out in his last two rides. Cracking meeting, including an absolute humdinger of a ride from JPB, but a tough result to take.

Talk of a "farewell meeting" in the programme concerns me, hopefully just a misrepresentation of words but some clarification on the future would be nice with one home meeting to go.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

I genuinely thought we'd pull this one out the bag, but it wasnt to be..... the 2nd strings won it for BV, as we had more race winners.

The only consolation is that we actually had the best rider on show in JPB.....and I was there to see it...unlike alot of armchair BV fans on here!

I think I saw about half a dozen BV fans......loyal lot!

As for the 'Lee Payne' saga ? he hasn't ridden since the end of May ???? but still holds a team place ??? isnt that holding an eligible rider back, who could've replaced him ???

Likie I say....win at all costs....'development' league, 'my ar#e' !!!

On the point of Guest Riders ? and this isnt 'sour grapes' coz BV deserved their win last night, but I do think that guest riders shouldn't be allowed to ride in the nominated heat 15, especially when there's 6 other fit riders to choose from.....just my opinion!

Yet again the long term RR saga drags on. Sadly loads of teams have abused it over the past few seasons and until something is put in place to restrict it's use it will continue to affect results.

birmingham fans moaning about rr is a bit strong, magic masons missed more than hes ridden since joining them, tbh I doubt he will ride another match for them this yr