British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

And there was I thinking, there wasn't any money in promoting Speedway.....

There must be or they would have given up doing it at least five years ago - since crowds dwindled to a point where the word crowd, would be a lie. Must be sponsors propping up the art of promoting? In five years time I can see it being one man and his dog unless changes are made to how it is "promoted".

There must be or they would have given up doing it at least five years ago - since crowds dwindled to a point where the word crowd, would be a lie. Must be sponsors propping up the art of promoting? In five years time I can see it being one man and his dog unless changes are made to how it is "promoted".

thats the problem promoters dont promote die hard fans are taken for granted and zero effort made to attract the next generation of speedway fans . The sport is dead in the water Im sad to say .
  • Like 1

Might as well have the agm at Yarmouth hippodrome. Most of the promoters are clowns.

• Like 1

thats the problem promoters dont promote die hard fans are taken for granted and zero effort made to attract the next generation of speedway fans . The sport is dead in the water Im sad to say .

I live only a dozen mile or so from the track, and regularly see big yellow posters advertising Stock Cars racing at Saddlebow Road. I find this surprising seeing the Speedway never gets the same treatment. especially as both run by the same person. I'm sure there would be more support from the locals if the fans knew when meetings were actually on. Now that we don't have meeting each week, fans need to be informed when these meeting are to be run...

Years ago we always had a mention in the local paper. A small report on the last meeting and a advert for the next one. It seems the Chapman promotions wants to keep the running of speedway at LYNN, a big secret and rely sole on the hard core fans, which by the way are dwindling each year...

The way the fans were treated last year, I'm amazed there are any fans left.......

• Like 1

I live only a dozen mile or so from the track, and regularly see big yellow posters advertising Stock Cars racing at Saddlebow Road. I find this surprising seeing the Speedway never gets the same treatment. especially as both run by the same person. I'm sure there would be more support from the locals if the fans knew when meetings were actually on. Now that we don't have meeting each week, fans need to be informed when these meeting are to be run...

Years ago we always had a mention in the local paper. A small report on the last meeting and a advert for the next one. It seems the Chapman promotions wants to keep the running of speedway at LYNN, a big secret and rely sole on the hard core fans, which by the way are dwindling each year...

The way the fans were treated last year, I'm amazed there are any fans left.......

Stock car's are run by another promoter and just rent the stadium.

• Like 1

Might as well have the agm at Yarmouth hippodrome. Most of the promoters are clowns.

Chapman is probably the biggest one

Chapman is probably the biggest one

I know he has neglected Lynn since his BSPA stint.But he has kept speedway in a tiny town for 20 years or more.He needs to get Lynn's house in order in 2018,but it looks like he recognises this with Robin Brundle getting involved.

We can only hope.

He didn't please some Poole fans over the Holder fiasco,but he won't be sh$t on by riders who think they can call the shots.We shall see.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Stock car's are run by another promoter and just rent the stadium.

I appreciate that, but Buster surely sees how many fans turn up with a bit of promoting

I know he has neglected Lynn since his BSPA stint.But he has kept speedway in a tiny town for 20 years or more.He needs to get Lynn's house in order in 2018,but it looks like he recognises this with Robin Brundle getting involved.

We can only hope.

He didn't please some Poole fans over the Holder fiasco,but he won't be sh$t on by riders who think they can call the shots.We shall see.

Nobody likes to see what happened at the Poole match, and as much as I disliked the behaviour of some riders, I don't think Buster was blameless. The only way a team can fulfil its potential is when everybody is in harmony. When you start arguing, there will only be one outcome.........Its a pity all those concerned didn't realise that.....

A week in Skeggy would be more fitting to where Speedway is at

Skeg wouldn't be a bad idea as they could visit Skegness Stadium in Orby and see how to promote a sport. Stock cars are thriving there.

• Like 2

thats the problem promoters dont promote die hard fans are taken for granted and zero effort made to attract the next generation of speedway fans .

Spot on. I've been to stock cars recently as was impressed by the way they get kids involved. They have a couple of Micro Stocks races between the main races. These are tiny cars for kids from 5 to 9 years old and also Mini Stocks for 10 to 16 year olds. They were also giving out model stock cars for kids in the crowd.

It makes me laugh when speedway fans keep banging on about speedway being the 'family sport' when it clearly is miles behind sports like stock cars.

What stock cars have done is invested in the future of the sport by doing everything to encourage the kids. Compare that with speedway where parents have to beg the promoter for a ride and then after traveling miles to the track get a couple of laps if they are lucky or are told that they have run out of time. Treat the potential future of the sport like that and there is no future.

• Like 1

so I presume you think if NKI makes a return to Kings Lynn his average should be increased by 1.2

I've done the maths and the answer is 1.08

Why on earth would NKI return to race for the Stars IF the pay rates - as we are assured, are way less than £200 per point in the PL? When he was racing it was common knowledge that the KL share of the Sky fee went on keeping him in the team. Now that there is no such thing ( is there? or not?) it would take another major sponsor to pay his wages.

Out of interest how did you come to that figure? Im surprised its not higher

No multipliers or dividables. NKI will come in on 9.04 - his effective average from 2016

When I made my original quote about using real averages I could also see your point of view about using a multiplyer especially if Tai returned as surely he couldn’t return on a seven. My worry is that if we continue with using multiplyers would it mean if NKI, Zagar and AJ along with say three or four top riders returned to the Premier League would we have to multiply riders averages down. No doubt the bspa will come under fire whatever they do.

Why on earth would NKI return to race for the Stars IF the pay rates - as we are assured, are way less than £200 per point in the PL? When he was racing it was common knowledge that the KL share of the Sky fee went on keeping him in the team. Now that there is no such thing ( is there? or not?) it would take another major sponsor to pay his wages.

If we could afford holder last year surely Buster would find the money if NKI wanted to return.