British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Perton Wolf

Jason Doyle

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/6036/

The article speaks for itself but basically he's not riding here next year if we don't move to Monday and Thursday set nights apparently. Not sure if he is on a VISA or anything, maybe one of the Swindon fans know?

Also calls British Speedway a lot more dangerous than Polish Speedway because the standard is dropping. But I was wondering how many deaths and really serious injuries there has been in Poland in comparison to GB? I'd guess that there has been more in the former rather than the latter.

Then goes on to criticise how poorly tracks are prepared in Britain compared to Sweden and Poland.

Raises some valid points to be fair, Buster Chapman in particular should be singled out for the farce he has overseen at Kings Lynn this season which has badly damaged the reputation of British Speedway. The sport needs new direction and a new person to lead it (a CEO type figure)

He is 100% correct in everything he has said.

The double up thing has become a joke this year.

Buster isn't professional enough for his position.

Regarding the danger in British Speedway. We have riders riding in the top league who are way out of their depth and those riders cause accidents to happen. Should be riding in the Championship and NL only.

• Like 2

I had achat last night with the Rye House promoter. He said he wanted Mondays and Thursdays. But home one week, away the next. Not sure many fans would want a home meeting every two weeks. I hear Matt Ford wants the same (set race nights). Looks like this is going to happen. Has to be the way forward.

• Like 1

I agree with most of what Doyley is saying - except the point about 'more accidents' in UK, as referred to above by Perton Wolf.

There have been far more serious accidents in Poland (and Sweden for that matter) despite the so-called better riders and better tracks!!

• Like 7

He is 100% correct in everything he has said.

The double up thing has become a joke this year.

Buster isn't professional enough for his position.

Regarding the danger in British Speedway. We have riders riding in the top league who are way out of their depth and those riders cause accidents to happen. Should be riding in the Championship and NL only.

The double up thing really irks me, especially when Premiership teams have riders missing because they're riding in the league below (it's supposed to be the top league after all). I probably won't bother with a season ticket for Wolves next season as I'm sick of seeing riders missing for multiple reasons.

Get the Premiership on fixed nights such as Monday and Thursday, then stick the Championship on a Sunday evening or something like that if possible. If you're good enough to be riding in Poland then you shouldn't be riding in the Championship anyway.

• Like 1

It's sensible to have home one week, away the next.

Can't see what fans can moan about that.

A lot of fans moan every year about going weeks without fixtures. This will give more consistency.

However riders don't hold the cards here.

They didn't listen to Woffy so who thinks they will listen to Doyle?

Fixed nights is the only real way forward to stabilise the top flight.

• Like 3

One meeting a fortnight isn't enough for most clubs. They need regular home meetings every week.

12 team league. Home and away twice. 22 meetings plus cup and playoffs. Can't be difficult surely? Mondays and Thursdays.

• Like 2

harsh words coming from the rider whose 2016 title chance was blown apart in................................Poland, and his 2017 season hampered with a broken foot sustained in ......................Poland again.

Perhaps the guy Jason claims inspects the track 4 hours before the meeting needs to go to specsavers.

• Like 9

One meeting a fortnight isn't enough for most clubs. They need regular home meetings every week.

12 team league. Home and away twice. 22 meetings plus cup and playoffs. Can't be difficult surely? Mondays and Thursdays.

NL sides?
  • Like 1

harsh words coming from the rider whose 2016 title chance was blown apart in................................Poland, and his 2017 season hampered with a broken foot sustained in ......................Poland again.

Perhaps the guy Jason claims inspects the track 4 hours before the meeting needs to go to specsavers.

Though in 2016 his title chance was blown by a rider who shouldn't have been in the Grand Prix's as he wasn't good enough!

• Like 1

Not sure the standard of rider compares to safety. Doyle even said in an interview on BT that in a GP series he knows which riders he can trust and ones he cant and that's the pinnacle of the sport. Agree with set race nights though but for me that's more about sorting the double up issue rather than having the better riders back.

• Like 1

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/6036/

The article speaks for itself but basically he's not riding here next year if we don't move to Monday and Thursday set nights apparently. Not sure if he is on a VISA or anything, maybe one of the Swindon fans know?

Also calls British Speedway a lot more dangerous than Polish Speedway because the standard is dropping. But I was wondering how many deaths and really serious injuries there has been in Poland in comparison to GB? I'd guess that there has been more in the former rather than the latter.

Then goes on to criticise how poorly tracks are prepared in Britain compared to Sweden and Poland.

Raises some valid points to be fair, Buster Chapman in particular should be singled out for the farce he has overseen at Kings Lynn this season which has badly damaged the reputation of British Speedway. The sport needs new direction and a new person to lead it (a CEO type figure)

JD is married to a brit so should be alright to stay in the country!

Do you reckon Doyle could trust himself if he could ride against himself :shock:

I've noticed one common theme lately,the Aussies don't half whinge a lot.

I was going to mention it was only a couple of years ago Doyle was knocking riders off for fun.

• Like 4

I was going to mention it was only a couple of years ago Doyle was knocking riders off for fun.

Was he? I thought it was just that he couldn't stay on the bike himself! He fell off nearly every race when at Poole and that was before the bumps!!