British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions V Edinburgh Monarchs ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, September 10th (5.30pm)

In Mitchell's previous incarnation as a Tiger , Scunthorpe was one of the tracks he rode very well . I remember him scoring double figures there one night for us , beating Magnus Karlsson along the way . Glad the boy had a decent meeting .

Remember that one well - I think I was stood next to you.

Yesterday, he did well, although he got 6+3 by beating Josh Bailey three times and MPT on a malfunctioning bike.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

Jake, Josh A and Ryan played their part, were the rest of them trying to lower their averages for future employment elsewhere? With Duffy on the infield microphone, it was clear to all Rob was not a happy camper with the team effort either!

A meeting thrown away again, at least 4 new faces next year I predict and Friday night racing please.

• Like 2

A bright start from Scunny.. Edinburgh were a beaten team... then something happened. Pathetic second half from Scunny.. pathetic. Apart from the very impressive Jake Allen and to a lesser extent Josh Auty and Ryan Douglas they were dire. In all my time supporting Scunny, that was an all time low. Certain riders need a good kicking, that was simply unprofessional, they let themselves and their supporters down.

full marks to all riders for getting on with the job,in less than favourable conditions, bends 1 and 2 for the last 5/6 races was just slime on the inside,compared to bends 3/4,if you didnt make the gate and get on an outside run, you had no chance, some scorpions clearly couldnt get on with the track and conditions, but fair play to the monarchs for sticking in there and getting the job done.

• Like 1

Wonder if the under performing riders understand the impact they have on clubs with there perceived lack of effort. It's not getting beat it's the manner of the defeat that annoyed people round us on Sunday

• Like 2

Tricky conditions with the same riders as usual giving 100% and the usual suspects waving the white flag when it got tough.

Edinburgh stuck at it and thoroughly deserved the win.

We haven't been good enough this season so no excuses but it's the first time in many years I have felt so let down by certain riders who clearly don't give a monkeys about the fans.

Will be there for the last few meetings to support Rob Godfrey and the riders who do give it a go but if we are to run next year I hope we refresh the team with riders who do care.

Jake Allen would be a good start,a breath of fresh air on his debut

Edited by hunch
  • Like 1

Guest Scunny2012

Jake, Josh A and Ryan played their part, were the rest of them trying to lower their averages for future employment elsewhere? With Duffy on the infield microphone, it was clear to all Rob was not a happy camper with the team effort either!

A meeting thrown away again, at least 4 new faces next year I predict and Friday night racing please.

I would say probably 5/6 new faces next year with Jake Allen a definate signing and hopefully Stefan Nielsen

and a number 1 rider who can reach a 9 point average rather than 7 , unfortunately the current team is built around

having solid scoring reserves but this hasn't happened with Aarnio struggling and Bailey out of his depth at times,

Friday night for me as well

Edited by Scunny2012