British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

Bewley on his last visit = INJURED.

Thorssell last night = INJURED.

Sedgmen on his last visit = INJURED.

I can go on and on but I cba.

talking out of your arse as always

The riders at Wolves will be closer together then a big wide open track. Therefore there are more chances of riders clashing and more chance of falls thus injuries

Your doing well as none of the crashes you mention were due to the track just racing incidents.

Your lack of knowledge is quite obvious

Plus being a Poole fan you would know how bad your track is for independent crashes. Just ask Kyle Newman!!

Loads of messages of support from Aces fans on here and the Belle Vue supporters Facebook page for thorssell.

The wolves supporters Facebook page just has childish insults for cook and tungate and no concern whatsoever for Fricke or Bewley.

Horrific, without compunction, but I can't say I'm surprised.

you need to realise nobody gives two craps for your hidden agenda moron
  • Like 2

Jacob was riding full of confidence and loved the monmore track. Its a real blow for us. Probably wins it for Swindon if we make it through. No malice involved just two riders coming together and there not being enough time to react.

As for the other crashes and incidents... Seemed to be on bend 4 on the middle. I think its fair to say we have seen way more serious crashes this year particually on this bend. Howarths crash appeared to be caused by a mistimed move. Charles Wright was hit side on by Mark Riss who appeared to just not turn or had too much speeed.

Now Tungate fell off infront on bend 4 under no pressure...rut? Or too much speed? Cooks falls were almost Tai-esque. Too much speed and riding too wide. Bewley rode defensively and that caused him to lock up. Greaves didnt predict it in time. Non of the crashes to me looked like track problems but maybe the wet made it harder for certain riders.

Plenty of passing from Fred & JT to keep it interesting. Howarth riding out of his skin. Greaves never knows when to settle for 3rd. Rooboy was as smooth as you like.

Only concern was Sam who cannot mix it atm.

Now I know Im biased as Im a Wolves fan BUT i find it hard to stomach all this negatively which has stemmed from a certain BV fan. There is absoutley nothing Wolves can do about the track shape. There has never been public critisim of the track from riders.

• Like 3

I'd fully agree with mikebv's observations about the Wolves track and if, as you state, Wolves still is one of the best, then its a sad indication of how bad our tracks have become generally (having been a speedway goer for 45+ years I was saddened by the state of e.g. Stoke and Poole on visits this season compared to previous visits) and must put the National Speedway Stadium circuit a country mile ahead of every other track in the UK.

Having visited most tracks in the over the last 3 seasons, I haven't seen any better racing than is regularly served up at the NSS. Imagine then how good it would have been had there not been the introduction of the new silencers compared to the Golden Era that you started your post with.

The racing at Somerset is the best I've seen this year - I'd place that track above the NSS.

Jacob was riding full of confidence and loved the monmore track. Its a real blow for us. Probably wins it for Swindon if we make it through. No malice involved just two riders coming together and there not being enough time to react.

As for the other crashes and incidents... Seemed to be on bend 4 on the middle. I think its fair to say we have seen way more serious crashes this year particually on this bend. Howarths crash appeared to be caused by a mistimed move. Charles Wright was hit side on by Mark Riss who appeared to just not turn or had too much speeed.

Now Tungate fell off infront on bend 4 under no pressure...rut? Or too much speed? Cooks falls were almost Tai-esque. Too much speed and riding too wide. Bewley rode defensively and that caused him to lock up. Greaves didnt predict it in time. Non of the crashes to me looked like track problems but maybe the wet made it harder for certain riders.

Plenty of passing from Fred & JT to keep it interesting. Howarth riding out of his skin. Greaves never knows when to settle for 3rd. Rooboy was as smooth as you like.

Only concern was Sam who cannot mix it atm.

Now I know Im biased as Im a Wolves fan BUT i find it hard to stomach all this negatively which has stemmed from a certain BV fan. There is absoutley nothing Wolves can do about the track shape. There has never been public critisim of the track from riders.

God, they have been racing atMonmore for afew decades and somebody decides the track is dangerous!!! Rubbish. Perhaps the people running the sport could sort out the machinery problems that are hindering the sport in GB.

Ps

The throttle works both ways.Riding skills are required though.

• Like 4

Have to say it is really amusing seeing Belle Vue fans bigging up their track after all the years of rubbish served up at Kirky Lane. :D:D

I suppose you are all overdue some good racing after the tripe you have witnessed there and is hardly suprising you get a bit carried away with a couple of years of decent racing :D:D

Here at Wolves we are pretty laid back over things as we have been used to great racing on a great track for years on end. :D:D

• Like 1

No wonder the British Final was taken off Wolverhampton, it was always crash after crash, so many reruns. TV companies would have been sick of it over-running every year.

No wonder the British Final was taken off Wolverhampton, it was always crash after crash, so many reruns. TV companies would have been sick of it over-running every year.

awwwww we were so upset to lose it as well :D:D (Heavy Sarcasm) - maybe if the riders had engaged their throttle hands a bit more it wouldn't have been so bad.

Either way the BSPA were lucky to have Wolves to stage it when no other track wanted it !!

I wonder how many crashes there would have been at the Old Belle Vue :D:D

Edited by SteveZodiac
  • Like 1

SteveBrum and Gavan

Monmore Green is dangerous. I'm right and your wrong. End of.

And how many meetings have you witnessed there this season to come this informed decision ?

• Like 1

Have to say it is really amusing seeing Belle Vue fans bigging up their track after all the years of rubbish served up at Kirky Lane. :D:D

I suppose you are all overdue some good racing after the tripe you have witnessed there and is hardly suprising you get a bit carried away with a couple of years of decent racing :D:D

Here at Wolves we are pretty laid back over things as we have been used to great racing on a great track for years on end. :D:D

Firstly we acknowledged Kirky Lane was crap and wer,nt always on here defending the place, we were under no illusions about the dog track, and as for witnessing a few years of decent racing have you forgotten Hyde Road? That made the dog track all the more galling. The dog track served its purpose it kept the club alive.

• Like 3

Oh I see your now apart of the FF abuse squad. In the words of a well known football manager 'I'd love it if we beat you!'

Sounds like a lot of Belle vue fans would be happy if Wolves closed down. What charming fans?!

P.S I'm sure the ones on here are only a minority in that respect but seemed like everyone tars wolves fans as all the same. I would never cheer a rider falling off. Infact; when Tungate went down a lot of wolves fans around me went 'not again!' rather than cheered because we weren't going to make the pub! The then seriousness of Jacobs injury then made people react when the white light exclusion came on.

With all the abuse directed at Kirky Lane Superguest I think theres many that would have liked to have seen Belle Vue close down too, yes it was bobbins but it saved the club, going back to the days of the likes of Hyde Road, Newport, Crayford etc all different types of tracks and surfaces etc I cant remember any fans of any club going on about tracks as many seem to do today. In the words of the great Ivan Mauger they are all there to be ridden.

Reasonable folks by and large who, historically don't hold back from criticising our promotion, track and riders when it's necessary.

Now there's a novel attitude :D

And how many meetings have you witnessed there this season to come this informed decision ?

Seen a few on BT but that's beside the point.

Howarth could've had a season ending injury.

Thorssell we saw what happened there.

Sedgmen was lucky to escape.

Bewley injured.

Riders don't get injured frequently on other tracks.

Oh I see your now apart of the FF abuse squad. In the words of a well known football manager 'I'd love it if we beat you!'

Sounds like a lot of Belle vue fans would be happy if Wolves closed down. What charming fans?!

P.S I'm sure the ones on here are only a minority in that respect but seemed like everyone tars wolves fans as all the same. I would never cheer a rider falling off. Infact; when Tungate went down a lot of wolves fans around me went 'not again!' rather than cheered because we weren't going to make the pub! The then seriousness of Jacobs injury then made people react when the white light exclusion came on.

I think you're being overdramatic claiming a lot of Belle Vue fans would be happy if Wolves closed down, not something I've seen them saying.

Cheering when opposition riders fall happens everywhere, so nothing different about Wolves fans. I think what has caused some of the reaction is that there were clearly problems with the track, especially turns 3 and 4. This was due mainly to the weather and not helped by the additional shale put down to help dry it out.