British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Sheffield Po Final 2nd Leg 30-9-17

So general consensus is that the PA system is crap and Kevin Long needs to be there..

Think we all should all make our feelings known to ipswich speedway or Chris Louis via social media

this is what Kevin put on his facebook:

If you wonder why I'm not on the centre green tonight. A few weeks ago I told the Club I'd be unavailable for the rest of the season (being busy with my new job)

I've managed to get this evening off for the Final and on Monday I let Chris Louis know of my availability for tonight.

He, quite rightly, thought I wouldn't be free on a Saturday night, so had arranged cover for presenting the final.

However, I like to be involved on race days, so once I informed Steve (Re-Run) he was delighted that I can be part of the DVD presentation.

Tonight is surely going to be the biggest speedway meeting at Foxhall for many years, so don't miss it folks!

Look forward to seeing you there!

• Like 1

Lot of comments on the Sheffo twitter feed last night about the difficult track etc.

What was it actually like?

Lot of comments on the Sheffo twitter feed last night about the difficult track etc.

On the face of it looked absolutely fine but theres no doubt a few were having some minor troubles particularly around bends 1 and 2

bates struggles an 1 & 2 in his first ride, but after that he worked it out, didnt see much of track problem, just individual riders problems

Looked fine to me... But what I know I've only been a fan for over 30years.

Think mistakes were more due to pressure of the meeting maybe?

Agree with this, greaves usually panics when riders go under him, he did it all last season at Sheffield, and again Thursday night when Kurtz went under him in heat six and he moved right out which caused Graj to hurt himself trying to avoid him.

and greaves went no where near the fence he fell off in the middle of the straight with plenty of room to manoeuvre out of Scotts way.

and about the booing, it started before heat 1 so it wasn't because of the greaves incident, it was a few Ipswich fans who didn't want him to accept a booking against them, how many fans would have turned down a pay day, or turn down the opportunity to ride in such a meeting

I have to say you're spot on with all three points. He did lose it on Thursday in the middle of the third and fourth bends, causing Josh G to take evasive action (resulting in his injury woe!) He was about six feet away from the fence when he came down, after Nicholls passed him, somersaulting down the track together with his bike, in a straight line.

The booing did start on the introduction of the teams, but got much worse after the first race incident.

If greaves had fallen in the middle of the track then the fence would not of been touched, so maybe it was the ghost of Foxhall that banged the fence up

• Like 1

If greaves had fallen in the middle of the track then the fence would not of been touched, so maybe it was the ghost of Foxhall that banged the fence up

Dont know where you were but he fell in front of us, and the fence wasn't touched at all, during or after the fall

Dont know where you were but he fell in front of us, and the fence wasn't touched at all, during or after the fall

Correct again!

I thought that some blame for the incident had been put down to the state of the track, why else bring out the tractors to grade it after heat 1?

Well you 2 must be blind, it popped a fence panel out, so I take it both of you with sight impairment didn't also see the track staff put the fence panel back in place???? Oh and it also happened in from of us in our higher position in the stand directly in line with where Scott fenced him.

• Like 1

Well you 2 must be blind, it popped a fence panel out, so I take it both of you with sight impairment didn't also see the track staff put the fence panel back in place???? Oh and it also happened in from of us in our higher position in the stand directly in line with where Scott fenced him.

First time I saw one of those fence panels go down was when the Sheffield riders came over to the fans after heat 13, Todd Kurtz pushed it down as he tried to climb over it!

Jeez some people.

Sheffield were the best side in the league

Over the 2 legs they were clearly the best side in the final.

They are deserving champions end of.

Scott Nicholls will rightly be an Ipswich legend and will probably ride for us next year.

A bit of pantomime booing does no harm

I would love to see Scott back in Witches colours next year.

But........................he fenced Greaves in heat one........to say any different is showing a bias towards Sheffield.......just admit he got away with it.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

You are right baldyman the fence was hit and there is a small hole in one panel where foot rest went through.bob track man.
  • Like 3

First time I saw one of those fence panels go down was when the Sheffield riders came over to the fans after heat 13, Todd Kurtz pushed it down as he tried to climb over it!

Read my post..the fence popped out not fell down. One end came out and it was lifted back in.

You are right baldyman the fence was hit and there is a small hole in one panel where foot rest went through.bob track man.

Thank you Bob. That's Bob our trackmam.

• Like 1