British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

What a pleasure it is to read this thread without any of the inane bickering and nonsense.

As Fourentee points out, Wolves were paying close attention to the work done on the track. The line had moved to the outside but after a period of grading Sam Masters made a start and kept a tight inside line taking advantage of the fresh grip available.

Interesting...no bickering and no Gavan, funny that!

Interesting...no bickering and no Gavan, funny that!

Nothing to do with Gavan.

He is very easily wound up but he stays on topic.

• Like 3

What a pleasure it is to read this thread without any of the inane bickering and nonsense.

And, as mentioned earlier, what a pleasure it was to chew the cud so amiably with a number of Robins fans at the track last night.

• Like 2

And, as mentioned earlier, what a pleasure it was to chew the cud so amiably with a number of Robins fans at the track last night.

We are an honest bunch. You lot deserved the victory especially missing your top 2. It was a disappointing night for sure but as Keef said on the Swindon 2017 thread its been a good season overall. Just hope it's 42 48 tomo to make it a perfect one!!!

• Like 1

Yes.......THIS is a proper Robin. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156617429352785&set=a.10150784554067785.494859.550797784&type=3&theater

That's what happens as you age and SCB is getting on a bit now bless him. It won't be long before he's changing a lot of his opinions about old people because he will be one himself. :lol:

That robin is sooooo sweet, its called Rosco.

Can't be, it looks relatively happy 😱

• Like 1

Highlight of last night's tv showing was hearing Barry Briggs talk more sense in 90 seconds, than Tatum and Pearson managed in over 2 hours.

• Like 3

Highlight of last night's tv showing was hearing Barry Briggs talk more sense in 90 seconds, than Tatum and Pearson managed in over 2 hours.

Well he didn't talk much sense in 2009, he was very bitter about the Wolves win.

• Like 2

Agree, BB came across very well, good to hear his honest opinion. The difference is Smashy & Nicey have a live TV sport event to present. If they said it as it really is, very much doubt BT would continue. They do a good job putting a positive spin on the actual mess we are in.

Show me where you or anyone else predicted differently.

Its been summed up elsewhere. Rosco laughing and joking talking on the mic to the crowd just before the meeting. Doyle admitting afterwards they thought it would be easy.

Complacency got Swindon big time. They should have won at a canter but blew up. They should have been on their A game, not their C. Wolves were in the right place mentally and physically. But with that lineup, if Swindon had properly prepared in all aspects before the meeting they should have had a healthy lead to take to Monmore tomorrow.

Riss overtook Museilak for gods sake! OK he fell but it shows the difference between the two teams attitude.

You need to rethink your biggest anti climax quote though ! It's certainly not.!

Don't insult my Robin. :o I take some food for her every day on the Gt. Central Way path when walking our dogs and she is now very tame. She is definitely sooooo sweet but her name is Reliant. :)

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

My money is on Swindon to turn this around tonight.... providing Doyley can put this weeks GP to the back of his mind!

Liam Carr guesting and goes well at Monmore....Ellis also has a likening for this track.....

Gona be a cracker!

Yes.......THIS is a proper Robin. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156617429352785&set=a.10150784554067785.494859.550797784&type=3&theater

That's what happens as you age the memory goes and SCB is getting on a bit now bless him. :lol:

Is the reference to suet relevant?

My money is on Swindon to turn this around tonight.... providing Doyley can put this weeks GP to the back of his mind!

Liam Carr guesting and goes well at Monmore....Ellis also has a likening for this track.....

Gona be a cracker!

Can't see it myself but it should be a cracking meeting. Doyley didn't seem to put this week's GP to the back of his mind on his home track so what chance he will do that tonight. We know he should get a max tonight as he should of on Monday but will he?

That's a short memory. It changed last year!

15.2.5 Riders must at the expiry of this time allowance, be on the track, under power, proceeding without stopping towards the Starting Gate.
(in bold as a new regulation)
Previously;
15.3.4 Riders must be “ready to race” or “under the control of the Start Marshal” in the correct Gate position within the permitted Time Allowance.

Yikkees, how long did that rule exist? Because I'm certain it was always "on the way to tapes"

Yikkees, how long did that rule exist? Because I'm certain it was always "on the way to tapes"

I think Alan is right, somebody else told me at a meeting a few weeks ago that this was the new rule for this season. Saying that, I don't think it's been consistently applied.........Jacob Thorssell had to rush around to where the rides enter the track in order to change his helmet colour at Wolves a few weeks back and supposedly exceeded the time allowance, even though he was proceeding towards the Starting Gate.