Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Pleased to see that Kyle Bickley, who is 16 today,  has signed as an asset following signing a letter of intent 2 years ago.

Bewley and Bickley are two of the best British prospects and we are fortunate to have been able to sign them both.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As expected really, Kyle has joined Belle Vue as an asset.

Tremendous outlook for the future with both Dan and Kyle as part of Belle Vue’s future.

Absoultely delighted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The assets debate remains a moot point in speedway but in the case of BV if they have invested (money) in their development then so be it.

Its signing riders from overseas and then declaring them an asset that’s controversial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say Dan and Kyle at their ages are the best prospects we have had since Collins and Morton burst onto the scene, matching those two would be a massive ask and to compare is unfair but their emergence reminds me of when the latter pair first started with the Aces.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GWC said:

The assets debate remains a moot point in speedway but in the case of BV if they have invested (money) in their development then so be it.

Its signing riders from overseas and then declaring them an asset that’s controversial.

We have done that with Drozdz as well though.  At least there is a clear strategy in place though which is good to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I wonder if Joe Jacobs had been given another chance in the BV team rather than released because his average was a point too high might he be still riding.

Bewley and then Bickley may be BV future but if their average doesn't fit , asset or not they will be jettisoned, something Collins and Morton didn’t have to worry about.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness Joe Jacobs average put him out of the team for the following year.

A talented rider who was great at Belle Vue whereas points came difficult away.... amazed that no one gave him a good crack of the whip after he left Belle Vue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because he was a one track pony. And the track he was good at didn't even want him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because he was a one track pony. And the track he was good at didn't even want him. 

Shows your total lack of  respect and  certainly  any knowledge  of speedway, was Joe useless at Mildenall ? was he useless at Workington ? was he useless at Glasgow ? was he useless at Ipswich ? the answer is  NO.Your club knows the numbers game better than anyone Newman bombed out  Howarth bombed out Starke bombed out all Brits best you stick to selling your Steptoe/Son junk  and comment on another sport.!!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because he was a one track pony. And the track he was good at didn't even want him. 

Bit harsh on a Brit lad trying to break through.

21 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Shows your total lack of  respect and  certainly  any knowledge  of speedway, was Joe useless at Mildenall ? was he useless at Workington ? was he useless at Glasgow ? was he useless at Ipswich ? the answer is  NO.Your club knows the numbers game better than anyone Newman bombed out  Howarth bombed out Starke bombed out all Brits best you stick to selling your Steptoe/Son junk  and comment on another sport.!!!!

Not far out ^^ Poole seem to be the win at any cost team of the Prem.How dare BV decide not to use him ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Shows your total lack of  respect and  certainly  any knowledge  of speedway, was Joe useless at Mildenall ? was he useless at Workington ? was he useless at Glasgow ? was he useless at Ipswich ? the answer is  NO.Your club knows the numbers game better than anyone Newman bombed out  Howarth bombed out Starke bombed out all Brits best you stick to selling your Steptoe/Son junk  and comment on another sport.!!!!

correct well said !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Bit harsh on a Brit lad trying to break through.

Not far out ^^ Poole seem to be the win at any cost team of the Prem.How dare BV decide not to use him ;)

correct just the typical arrogant poole fan say no more !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

correct just the typical arrogant poole fan say no more !!

 

57 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

correct just the typical arrogant poole fan say no more !!

The thing is Geoff he tries to come across as the Poole speedway spokesman and that does most of the Poole fans a disservice  the Poole fans i have met are all decent chaps.The thing i could never get my head around was that he was once a Swindon fan then changed his mind and changed clubs if Swindon finished bottom every year they will always be my club.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

 

The thing is Geoff he tries to come across as the Poole speedway spokesman and that does most of the Poole fans a disservice  the Poole fans i have met are all decent chaps.The thing i could never get my head around was that he was once a Swindon fan then changed his mind and changed clubs if Swindon finished bottom every year they will always be my club.

lol how the hell you change clubs is unbelievable glory hunter i think you call it  lol yes i too have some decent poole fans as friends i have been a Aces fan since 1969 & will be until i am 6ft under lol let's hope the pie-rats fail this year pmsl then we can hear some great excuses lol !!

Edited by geoff58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just shows how low the sport of Speedway is in the UK -‘average too high and a one track pony’ sum up a ghastly image.

What rider is going to give ANY club their all if they get jettisoned after half a season performance.

Joe is/was a young rider still finding his way in a tough sport. 

If we don’t give encouragement to our home grown riders then the sport will be finished far sooner than the doom mongers suggest!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy