British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

Well all you cash aint achieved that much oh I forgot apart from the odd brown envelope oops

"all you cash" has got them a city centre stadium, which is a million miles from where it was three years ago. So if nothing else the owners are sitting on land worth a fortune, a wise investment. They have increased their crowds a hell of a lot. Their PR is second to none in the sport, they get regular coverage in national newspapers, how many other teams can say that? They are spending money, but doing it in the right areas.

It's easy to make lazy assumptions just because a team suddenly has money behind them.

• Like 6

Well all you cash aint achieved that much oh I forgot apart from the odd brown envelope oops 🙊

Wish there were more promoters like those at Glasgow: Not just the finances, but the professionalism of the club - Speedway would be in a much better place

• Like 6

Well all you cash aint achieved that much oh I forgot apart from the odd brown envelope oops

Can you elaborate on the highlighted part of this post , exactly what you refer to and any evidence you may have.

There are people very interested in what you have posted regards this.

• Like 1

What is it with a minority of fans of other clubs who are consumed by jealousy thinking that Glasgow are somehow rolling in cash . Yes the owners spent a few quid on upgrading the stadium , which to be fair without that happening it's doubtful Ashfield would still hosting speedway , but they've said from day one that the speedway has to pay for itself .

Better to concentrate on what you have rather than casting an envious eye elsewhere .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 4

Too young. A season at NL will bring him on. Lots of potential.

Isn't he too young for NL still to? I thought he was only 14? Also last I saw him he was still racing 250s and only practiced on 500s (I think) I mean I could be (And probably am) completely wrong though, please someone let me know how he's getting on :)

Isn't he too young for NL still to? I thought he was only 14? Also last I saw him he was still racing 250s and only practiced on 500s (I think) I mean I could be (And probably am) completely wrong though, please someone let me know how he's getting on :)

Leon moved up to 500s at the end of the season after securing his 3rd British 250 championship. In his 1st meeting at 500 he scored 3--3--3--3-- then 2 in the final. He just placed a call me out for any NL club to talk to him, he will be 15 in February and will be eligible for NL in 2018

What is it with a minority of fans of other clubs who are consumed by jealousy thinking that Glasgow are somehow rolling in cash . Yes the owners spent a few quid on upgrading the stadium , which to be fair without that happening it's doubtful Ashfield would still hosting speedway , but they've said from day one that the speedway has to pay for itself .

Better to concentrate on what you have rather than casting an envious eye elsewhere .

Interesting argument about Glasgeeweegies.

COULD YOU NOT ARGUE IT OUT ON THE GLASGOW THREAD

• Like 1

Leon moved up to 500s at the end of the season after securing his 3rd British 250 championship. In his 1st meeting at 500 he scored 3--3--3--3-- then 2 in the final. He just placed a call me out for any NL club to talk to him, he will be 15 in February and will be eligible for NL in 2018

Really happy to hear that he seems to be progressing and moving up in speedway, I saw that he got the riders championship thingy over Bewley and Lambert... Must have been great and from what I've heard he's pretty humble too, can't stand an arrogant person

Really happy to hear that he seems to be progressing and moving up in speedway, I saw that he got the riders championship thingy over Bewley and Lambert... Must have been great and from what I've heard he's pretty humble too, can't stand an arrogant person

I have never dealt with a young person so level headed, what is brilliant to see is his interaction with younger people than himself what a great little mentor (well not so little), I am sur this ,might have had something to do with his award for young rider of the year, as he interacts beyond speedway. If he carries on in this way, he could be a really good talent coming through the ranks, A lot has to do with your upbringing an d Sarah is Mum has a lot to be proud of in that area, his speedway has everything to do with his Grandad Big Tony Flint.

Don`t see Nick Morris back at Berwick next year, he seems to be looking at a Swedish team for next year to go along side his team in Poland and Swindon in the Premiership. Richard Lawson might be a better shout, its fairly obvious he is leaving Glasgow though if recent rumours that Lakeside are joining the Championship are true you would think he would be high on their list for a team spot there.

Only answering one of your own

Wasn't aiming that comment at you Paul, just the discussion should be elsewhere

Suppose until after this weekend's events in the Canary Isles there isn't much to talk about on here and the sly digs start to appear . Once we all start announcing signings things will get back to normal and Berwick threads can erupt into civil war again . :drink:

Suppose until after this weekend's events in the Canary Isles there isn't much to talk about on here and the sly digs start to appear . Once we all start announcing signings things will get back to normal and Berwick threads can erupt into civil war again . :drink:

Aye ! missing the civil war in the home of conspiracy, Berwick is a wonderful place :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

IT WAS BROUGHT UP ON THIS THREAD.

• Like 2