British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

I'm sure there used to be a rule that you had to have 3 programmed rides.

So many things I would change..but one of the first would be the double points tactical. Maybe the most stupid rule in any type of sport that I've seen.

Jeux Sans Frontières?

So many things I would change..but one of the first would be the double points tactical. Maybe the most stupid rule in any type of sport that I've seen.

I like it!

• Like 1

I'm sure there used to be a rule that you had to have 3 programmed rides.

It is what is a joker , ok with ("Eddie Waring on it's a knock out ) but that's as far as it goes much prefer the old tactical substitute where any rider could take one extra ride if your side was six or more points in arrears after 4races

It is what is a joker , ok with ("Eddie Waring on it's a knock out ) but that's as far as it goes much prefer the old tactical substitute where any rider could take one extra ride if your side was six or more points in arrears after 4races

The memory is getting a bit foggy on this one but didn't they mess around with it and at one point change it from six or more behind to eight? And was it two tacky sub rides allowed (while still so many points behind) each by different riders so potentially the top two could have an extra ride? The memory is getting foggy though.

now, forum title "what would you change in speedway next season" well this is what i would like to see changed.

1. forum members having petty digs at one another.

2.guests

3.doubling up

4.r/r

5.gardening

6.overlong meetings

7.double headers

8.lack of ambulances

9.better promoted sport

10.no play offs

11.k.o.cup finished earlier

12.bring back pre meeting parade

13.riders lap after winning race

14.more information on website

15.the rule book!!

• Like 1

Moranboys - for No1 do you want more or less? 😛

• Like 1

now, forum title "what would you change in speedway next season" well this is what i would like to see changed.

2.guests

3.doubling up

4.r/r

5.gardening

6.overlong meetings

7.double headers

8.lack of ambulances

9.better promoted sport

10.no play offs

15.the rule book!!

Doesnt number 6 and numbers 12,13 contradict each other, surely if we have parades and lap of honours after every heat that will drag on a meeting more, number 15 is definitely the one needed the most though

• Like 1

Moranboys - for No1 do you want more or less?

obviously less.just be nice for you to settle your differences.after all we should be just one happy speedway family :t:

Doesnt number 6 and numbers 12,13 contradict each other, surely if we have parades and lap of honours after every heat that will drag on a meeting more, number 15 is definitely the one needed the most though

not really.it doesn't take long just for a rider to show his appreciation,and the supporters would feel more involved.o.k maybe not have a parade but if all the messing e.g gardening at the start was cut out then there would be time for the parade.just a thought

2.guests

3.doubling up

4.r/r

5.gardening

6.overlong meetings

7.double headers

8.lack of ambulances

9.better promoted sport

10.no play offs

15.the rule book!!

If you mean none of or fewer to numbers 2, 3 and 4 then thumbs up. Could do with less of numbers 5 and 6 too. Definitely yes to numbers 10 and 11.

And it wouldn't be so bad if they actually stuck to and followed number 15.

• Like 3

A parade is ok if it starts 10minutes before the programmed start time.

Ipswich have always had 7.30 parade with first race 7.45

Heat winners invariably have a lap of honour and interaction with the fans has increased greatly over the last couple of seasons

Meetings are often done by 9.15 and rarely go beyond 9.30 unless there is an understandable issue

There is a lot done right at Foxhall and every effort appears to be in mind to improve any areas not currently seen as top notch

• Like 1

Even the bar stays open late to keep the Glasgow supporters refreshed

Wasn't always that way when the first bend bar was open , but they've come round to our way of thinking now :drink:

• Like 1