British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Terrific signing for the Lions, looks a very good side which will take some beating. Hans is not the rider he was but he maintains his level year on year and always gives his best every race, you won't catch him letting anyone down.

It is a shame from my point of view that he will not be at Poole next season, always liked Hans and a rider and as a person.

• Like 1

No surprise, considering Speedway Star released the information last week.

Play off contenders without doubt.

Enjoyed my trips there last season as track was much better than when i’d been previously. 

Good to see them really competitive again. Whilst I was initially disappointed re the lack of top riders again, I think this might be the most evenly balanced set of teams i’ve seen in some years.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Great lineup tbh disagree with Vaculik being an 8.00 personally but definitely the best lineup so far. 

Precisely because of that. They got Vaculik on 8.00, so it gave them more scope. They have, effectively, been able to build to 43.50. So they are bound to have a strong line-up.

• Like 1

Incidentally, can you imagine the uproar on this forum if Poole had signed Vaculik and then had his average reduced by a point?

• Like 2

Has there been official confirmation of why Vaculik is 8.00 yet other GP riders with previous averages have been reassessed to 9.00?

No official confirmation of either part of that sentence, but I believe the first part is correct but the latter part isn't?!!

6 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Has there been official confirmation of why Vaculik is 8.00 yet other GP riders with previous averages have been reassessed to 9.00?

They obviously used their own skill and judgment to work out that Vaculik is slightly below the standard of Nick Morris and Jacob Thorsell, so assessed him accordingly.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Incidentally, can you imagine the uproar on this forum if Poole had signed Vaculik and then had his average reduced by a point?

Poole did try to sign him but his choice was Leicester. And afterwards the one rider over 8 rule come in? Strange......... 

25 minutes ago, Pinny said:

It said in SS that it's because he hasn't ridden here before so are making an exception for him. Along of course with the 2 Poles at Poole and of course Clegg who gets a new average having only ridden 4 top flight matches. 

Just when you think the averages farce can't get any worse.:mad:

• Like 2

Top final signing by the Lions. This is easily the most balanced lineup we've ever assembled so huge credit must go out to the management and with many of the riders knowing each other I'm hopeful team spirit will be really good. "Give us a L".

If anyone should be dissatisfied at this lineup, then there's really no hope.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Top final signing by the Lions. This is easily the most balanced lineup we've ever assembled so huge credit must go out to the management and with many of the riders knowing each other I'm hopeful team spirit will be really good. "Give us a L".

If anyone should be dissatisfied at this lineup, then there's really no hope.

I couldn't agree more.

Great work by the promotion 

Fingers crossed the all steer clear of injury and we might have a good season. 

Looking forward to the season and midweek race nights 

"Give us an I"

Shirl

• Like 3