British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Surely Peterborough got some compensation from Torun so they could use Holder? If not then wow what a disastrous decision from the Peterborough promotion. They knew it was against the rules.

One that was given a bung over over 40k from the Poles?!

Do you know that figure for a fact?

I foresee either Ged quitting or another plea for a bale out from the fans.

Ged’s said many times and again fairly recently he will never ask the fans for a whip round again.

• Like 1

Ged’s said many times and again fairly recently he will never ask the fans for a whip round again.

That leaves only the first option then!!! Of course seems what is required is a lot more substantial than a whip round

Edited by wealdstone

Why is only holder getting blamed?? It's ged that let him. Maybe in hindsight ged should have let Holder pick up a ban.

"hindsight" not needed it was obvious to some of us from the OFF that's what should have happened - we've been lambasted for holding that opinion by other fans who didn't question it and sad to say look where we are now! A statement that says "considering future position carefully" not giving assurances of 2018 and beyond is very worrying!

• Like 1

It's not just the situation at the 4S in August,They have also allowed Holder to miss the pairs this weekend and a number of league fixtures

• Like 5

Hopefully the panthers will be back in 2018 ...but what happened was certain people's own making and you reap what you sow. Let's hope a new promotion can be found for the clubs sake.

If Rathbone has had enough then it'd take new owners as I can't see him letting someone else run it on his behalf, in fact I heard an unconfirmed report that such an offer was made a while ago and rejected? He wants to be involved not watching from the sidelines, as he's recently said during his suspension. Nobody wanted Peterborough Speedway after Frost so that's a real problem if Ged says that he's done with it.

It's not just the situation at the 4S in August,They have also allowed Holder to miss the pairs this weekend and a number of league fixtures

Which presumably had a negative financial effect on other clubs.

• Like 1

Once they agreed to the original miss the floodgates were opened. Difficult to see what Rathbones thinking was. However Holder could have told Torun sorry I am committed to Peterborough this year

• Like 4

Have they? I thought that it comes under the "International Speedway League Bureau rules" wherever they've suddenly popped up from. Or does that only apply to league fixtures? I doubt it.

Once they agreed to the original miss the floodgates were opened. Difficult to see what Rathbones thinking was. However Holder could have told Torun sorry I am committed to Peterborough this year

In some respects it's done them a favour because it's highlighted a problem that they urgently (and I mean at the AGM) need to get a grip on and set down strong guidelines and punishments

Holder could have told Torun sorry I am committed to Peterborough this year

Allegedly he did "Torun did initially ask us to release Jack for the rest of 2017, but the rider himself refused that." but it hasn't worked out like that. Think the trouble is, when Poland comes calling you don't say no. It's not the first time and it'll not be the last while we entertain those type of rider.

Have they? I thought that it comes under the "International Speedway League Bureau rules" wherever they've suddenly popped up from. Or does that only apply to league fixtures? I doubt it.

In some respects it's done them a favour because it's highlighted a problem that they urgently (and I mean at the AGM) need to get a grip on and set down strong guidelines and punishments

The Polish play offs take precedence on the ISL calendar as the Pairs is a rescheduled meeting.

that polish bung will come in real handy for ged right now .

hope the panthers can survive this .

Carl Johnson has confirmed that Panthers will ride next season

Now look what's happened Carl Johnson should be showing more diplomacy than this , perhaps he should be suspended by the management as well .

It appears reading between the lines that the Torun money has kept Panthers running for another year.

I suppose that was on Carl Johnsons twitter as well,