British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve69

2018 Warsaw Gp

Did enjoy the short version,but can understand people who don't like the sport because it is all sorted by the end of the 1st lap,which happened often even here.Mostly mistakes and losing control was the reason for a pass.Sadly it looks like Cook is out of his depth and won't get in where it hurts,which is needed at this level.One of the problems with Iversen and it was ironic that although Iversen looked fatsre than Cook,each time he had a chance to pass,he backed off.....Good win for Tai as he rode a brilliant final to lose control and still take the lead and win.Doyle going to suffer psychological problems this year?

I thought it started off pretty poorly but as the track deteriorated the racing improved and ended up with some very tough races which only this standard of rider can really do.

Cook didn't have a good night but wasn't far off, it'll be a learning year for him and while I don't see Craig being the same talent we should remember Tai's first GP year.

Doyle's race 1 exclusion reinforced the idea that sometimes you shouldn't have to exclude anybody for me.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2018 at 4:46 PM, Mr X said:

B

Woffy Woffy Woffy!!!     ;)

Cook looks way out of his league.....however, I dont think the tight technical tracks suit him!

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Cook looks way out of his league.....however, I dont think the tight technical tracks suit him!

he spent 4 years on a tight technical track and was pretty much unbeatable around it,granted he didn't meet GP opposition every week but still it seemed to suit him.

• Like 2

Front wheel over the white line issue - I see situation where the front wheel will go over the line whether a rider wants it too or not ie a lock up. Could mean there would be more then a few exclusions which is not what I would want to see.

Barging an opponent out of the way too aggressively is another thing and using the front wheel over the white line is allowed rule to do it warrants some referee intervention.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Cook is a one line rider ,fast in front in GB but this is a different ball game,can't keep talking about engines and set up like he does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Cook is a one line rider ,fast in front in GB but this is a different ball game,can't keep talking about engines and set up like he does.

Exactly, you never hear other riders mention it.

Brilliant to see Tai and it's a start for Cook, could've gone worse at least! You could see the difference in experience out there last night, he just needs time which admittedly, the GP's are not a place to learn! Hopefully he'll get better over the season though. I do think some people should realise how well he has done to get where he is and actually applaud him for his efforts so far.

Laguta was the big surprise, definitely looks a decent contender for a top 5/6 place on the basis of last night, entertaining to watch too. Lindgren was strong as expected, also impressed with Holder, looked very fast at times. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Very good GP to start the series. What a shame the Czech GP is next. Gaters paradise at the Marketa.

Some excellent racing with Holder doing very well.  Thought Woffindens childish behaviour was very poor before the final.

And Holder's behaviour and attitude have been spot on for the last couple of year's.

• Like 5

On 5/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Very good GP to start the series. What a shame the Czech GP is next. Gaters paradise at the Marketa.

Some excellent racing with Holder doing very well.  Thought Woffindens childish behaviour was very poor before the final.

lol having another dig at Tai , you cant help yourself can you.

How about we got a Brit at the top of the standings going for a third world title!! 

Holder did ok but he is an Aussie so couldnt really give a stuff about his form. Im only interested in Tai and Cook

PRAGUE certainly wasn't a gaters' paradise last year. Since Pavel Ondrasik took over from his father the track at the Marketa has shown a considerable improvement.

Riders moving at the start came into play again here.  I agree with the warnings system, but do feel once we get to the Semi Finals that all previous warnings should be quashed.  If a rider does move in the Semi then he carries it over should he reach the final.

Maybe it's me, but should a warning in a riders first heat hang over him in the final?

• Like 2