British Speedway Forum

I agree with you Tsunami, But my point is that the BSPA have a poor record at explaining promptly and fully, what they talked about and how they came to the decisions they did. It is this which some fans feel let down about. One example of this is the Gerhardt engine project. Decisions do often seem as if they were made when people were putting their coats on and getting ready to leave. i.e. Not completely thought through. I hope they will fully and clearly explain this time around re doubling up, guests and r/r which seems to be the concern of many fans.

What did happen to the Gerhardt project. I know one or two tried it but how much has it cost the BSPA. I've heard six figures mentioned.

I see its the annual jolly up at parliament to celebrate the continual and growing failure of British speedway , apart from a couple of NL teams what us there to celebrate ? it is a big waste of time and money , even some of the members think its a waste , one promoter told me last week they waste lots of money on it that could be better spent elsewhere like contributing to an independent body to run the sport , every time I see this jolly up I just feel like we the fans are being kicked in the teeth and laughed at behind our back

Well done Dean if you managed to find a promoter who wanted an independent body. Might just be that Peterborough and Coventry were right in the 'Winter of Discontent", which all the time they were!

What did happen to the Gerhardt project. I know one or two tried it but how much has it cost the BSPA. I've heard six figures mentioned.

Well done Dean if you managed to find a promoter who wanted an independent body. Might just be that Peterborough and Coventry were right in the 'Winter of Discontent", which all the time they were!

So did I but only if all the engines been been sold. The BSPA made a contribution to every sale to Mercel but that agreement is now finished, so the original costs to the BSPA were not realised

And might just possibly be dead wrong. Now let me think who started it, oh Yes a guy call Sandhu, where is he now and what did he do to Coventry and for the sport. What happened to Rick and Julie, oh yes, they took their sponsorship to Poole, whose promoter was apparently at the height of the accusations. Fans looking on never learn, even when given the truth, but both promotions did nothing for speedway after that, whilst Sandhu was criminal in his actions to stop speedway at Coventry and reneged on his promise to build a new stadium before he would sell on the stadium for houses.

Coventry fans only want to believe what they want to believe.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

there were no winners in that saga but there was a big loser
  • Like 2

there were no winners in that saga but there was a big loser

Yes Coventry, and nearly Peterborough.

And how much did it cost to finish the GTR agreement?

A clear and simple answer to this would be a good start for the BSPA in becoming more open and accessible to fans - if that is what they want?

And how much did it cost to finish the GTR agreement?

They are still available on the BSPA site, why don't you ask Chris Louis, he distributes them?