British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

absolutely bloody ludicrous.why is it one rule for scunthorpe and glasgow and sod the rest.nothing to do with the relevant promoters being on the board of course.makes my blood boil.i thought that the whole idea was not to lose clubs and potentially workington could be lost to the league.have these people who have come to this decision lost their minds?good luck laura and i hope that you can come to mutual ground on this but wouldn't,t be surprised if you didn't.you have been treated appallingly

why shouldn't they.they obviously think that they can albeit with a change of race night

Change of race nights when they have financially struggled the past couple of seasons. Also had attendance issues. Would be gamble tbh and I don't know if it would pay off after the recent struggles.

I don't care where he's from or who he supports , he has no right to make those kind of statements unless he can provide financial statistics to back up what he is saying, harsh was a polite way of telling him he should back off.

see above post. Laura Morgan has addressed financial and attendance issues over the last 2 seasons. Now Worky will have to change race nights as well which is a negative because the attendances haven't been great on a regular race night.

You are right...but he can't help himself..he is the forum troll..often found following the panthers unfortunately for you all.

Just speaking the truth no point in lying.

Financial issues and attendance issues on regular race nights. which Laura has addressed

Now if Worky want to run they would have to change race nights when Attendances haven't been great on regular race nights.

Risky very risky.

Change of race nights when they have financially struggled the past couple of seasons. Also had attendance issues. Would be gamble tbh and I don't know if it would pay off after the recent struggles.

see above post. Laura Morgan has addressed financial and attendance issues over the last 2 seasons. Now Worky will have to change race nights as well which is a negative because the attendances haven't been great on a regular race night.

I would politely tell you to stop poking your nose in unless you have financial statistics to back up your statement , I am sure Workington speedway will decide one way or another without your ill mannered advice.

I would politely tell you to stop poking your nose in unless you have financial statistics to back up your statement , I am sure Workington speedway will decide one way or another without your ill mannered advice.

If finances and attendances weren't an issue then Laura Morgan wouldn't have to go public about the issues surrounding Workington Speedway.

If Workington cant get a decent crowd in on a regular race night then what chance have they got on a change of race night.

Just being honest.

Would be interesting to hear the reasons why Workington were prevented from switching race night. Using any kind of logic they should have priority over Scunthorpe and Glasgow.

If finances and attendances weren't an issue then Laura Morgan wouldn't have to go public about the issues surrounding Workington Speedway.

If Workington cant get a decent crowd in on a regular race night then what chance have they got on a change of race night.

Just being honest.

There's no question that Workington had financial difficulties last season as they were well documented. On occasion, gates were disastrous and I (and I suspect many others) feared for 2018.

Change of nights is a gamble but it isn't a big one. There are genuine - and reasonable - concerns that locals will stay in to watch Cook on a Saturday night rather than go to Derwent Park and there was a chance that gates might improve on a Friday. They - once or twice - couldn't have been much worse.

As SCB has said, its difficult to see how Glasgow - who changed from Sunday to Saturday only last season - and Scunthorpe - who decided Friday's didn't work a couple of years ago - got priority over the Comets.

The only good thing is my driver couldn't come up on a Friday so I retain my lift. Workington is one of my very favourite destinations :approve:

• Like 2

There's no question that Workington had financial difficulties last season as they were well documented. On occasion, gates were disastrous and I (and I suspect many others) feared for 2018.

Change of nights is a gamble but it isn't a big one. There are genuine - and reasonable - concerns that locals will stay in to watch Cook on a Saturday night rather than go to Derwent Park and there was a chance that gates might improve on a Friday. They - once or twice - couldn't have been much worse.

As SCB has said, its difficult to see how Glasgow - who changed from Sunday to Saturday only last season - and Scunthorpe - who decided Friday's didn't work a couple of years ago - got priority over the Comets.

The only good thing is my driver couldn't come up on a Friday so I retain my lift. Workington is one of my very favourite destinations :approve:

I hope it all works out for Workington I really do.

but its risky.

Would be interesting to hear the reasons why Workington were prevented from switching race night. Using any kind of logic they should have priority over Scunthorpe and Glasgow.

Godfrey and money

• Like 4

I hope it all works out for Workington I really do.

but its risky.

True, but that could apply to quite a few others.

Great track, great racing, great people. Needs a bit more getting out there and spreading the word - the Lake District is as big a tourist area as anywhere - but otherwise they don't do a lot wrong.

• Like 2

Because Glasgow and Scunthorpe applied to, nothing against Worky promotion but there was no Promoters at the AGM from Workington due to family reasons.

It's difficult to argue your case if you aren't actually there.

Godfrey and money

PMSL the bitter one speaks.

Get over it won't change anything just makes you look stupid.

It's difficult to argue your case if you aren't actually there.

Was thinking similar with no representative present refusing would be easier for them hence no confrontation or arguments.

• Like 1

PMSL the bitter one speaks.

Get over it won't change anything just makes you look stupid.

Finished above the money men once again, yes very bitter.

• Like 1

Finished above the money men once again, yes very bitter.

You are correct of course so what did you win by finishing above us let me think.

Zilch so well done on that feat oh bitter one.

Edited by Gazc

workingtons biggest problem over the last few years is the hositile atitude between fans and promotion

cumbrians take offense atbeing treated with no respect

the fans and promotion need to work together

True, but that could apply to quite a few others.

Great track, great racing, great people. Needs a bit more getting out there and spreading the word - the Lake District is as big a tourist area as anywhere - but otherwise they don't do a lot wrong.

ive heard all this crap about tourists in the lake district

but how many are going to travel from the tourist areas while on holiday on our roads to workington

also our promotion last year wouldnt speak to fans so how are they gonna get visitors to travel from a hour or so away to watch speedway

with absolutly zero promoting

Don't suppose there's any chance of an appeal to the SCB,......................................... yeah I know, silly question. Complete farce regarding Scunthorpe following the Holder controversy. Like everyone says independent running of speedway needed.

Edited by comet49