British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geoff100

Set Days The Ruin Of The Championship

more to the point a improving rider on 8.5 average is getting £100 a point so a rider in decline on 8.5 average wants £120 a point because the new kid on the block is getting £100 a point from the richer clubs

Yeah,,,, that sounds about right.

• Like 1

I find it ironic that the BSPA have been heavily criticised for bringing in a rule that Premier League clubs can only sign one 8+ point average rider. No such rule applies in the Championship, which now looks like being split between half a dozen clubs who are signing all the genuine heat leaders and the remaining four / five clubs who will be without, and who have to try and build "strength in depth" teams. All of which is leading fans of these Championship clubs to complain about "haves and have nots".

Damned if you do.......

• Like 1

Looking at some of the teams being declared in our league with no double up to worry about its going to finish some teams.certain clubs have pleaded poverty for a while and can sign riders who wont be cheap and glasgows win at any cost attitude will be the ruin of the league.its the final nail for some i fear.

Apart from Harris I'm not that impressed with Glasgow's team so far 😵

Don't really get what people are saying about Glasgow, they have to adhere to the same points limit as anyone else. But of a defeatist attitude to be conceding the title to them already!

And they have to be praised for going British.

Thats a very good point,the points limit is the same for all, i hear of Glasgow paying £100 a point etc for 8.5 rider,but a im not sure i believe it,seems they told Luna to stick it due to his demands,so it not all pounds pounds pounds

Other other point is there seems to be an awfull disease in the UK these days where folk get pished off about others earing money or being successfull,i just dont get it or understand where it came from,never really used to be the case

What ever happened to the point of admiring success and being happy for people,was it the banking crisis or that Loon Corbyn stiring up hate against the successfull,who knows,but it not nice

• Like 4

I find it ironic that the BSPA have been heavily criticised for bringing in a rule that Premier League clubs can only sign one 8+ point average rider. No such rule applies in the Championship, which now looks like being split between half a dozen clubs who are signing all the genuine heat leaders and the remaining four / five clubs who will be without, and who have to try and build "strength in depth" teams. All of which is leading fans of these Championship clubs to complain about "haves and have nots".

Damned if you do.......

Some times its thoose teams no out right no1 but 6 or 7 strong team members that gell and are a problem for the teams with 1 strong rider and very weak reserves

1 rider cant score enough points to win a meeting

Edited by scarra

Thats a very good point,the points limit is the same for all, i hear of Glasgow paying £100 a point etc for 8.5 rider,but a im not sure i believe it,seems they told Luna to stick it due to his demands,so it not all pounds pounds pounds

Other other point is there seems to be an awfull disease in the UK these days where folk get pished off about others earing money or being successfull,i just dont get it or understand where it came from,never really used to be the case

What ever happened to the point of admiring success and being happy for people,was it the banking crisis or that Loon Corbyn stiring up hate against the successfull,who knows,but it not nice

Glasgow didnt say no to lunna because of his demands, if lunna had priced himself out of Glasgow then no way would Peterborough be able to afford him, they dont even pay riders a signing on fee, maybe lunna didnt want the constant pressure from the Glasgow management about the trophy wins and them relying on him every meeting or Glasgow didnt want him because of how injury prone he is, maybe it was a mutual agreement
  • Like 1

Glasgow didnt say no to lunna because of his demands, if lunna had priced himself out of Glasgow then no way would Peterborough be able to afford him, they dont even pay riders a signing on fee, maybe lunna didnt want the constant pressure from the Glasgow management about the trophy wins and them relying on him every meeting or Glasgow didnt want him because of how injury prone he is, maybe it was a mutual agreement

Are you actually saying Peterborough dont pay signing on fees?

Peterborough don't and won't pay signing on fees. Ged Rathbone has stated this many times.

Peterborough don't and won't pay signing on fees. Ged Rathbone has stated this many times.

What utter rubbish!

• Like 1

Im only going by what rathbone said on his Facebook live post about the Peterborough team reveals and he said he doesnt give riders a signing on fee but how much of that is true I dont know, but if lunnas demands were too high for Glasgow, no way would Peterborough afford it, that was the point Im making

Apart from Harris I'm not that impressed with Glasgow's team so far 😵

See how your team shape up will be interesting to compare.

• Like 1

Why is it utter rubbish Ged is open and honest can't say the same about Godfrey.

PMSL ..... sorry which promotor is suspended and which isnt?.......and as i know one of you riders quite well i can tell you that it isnt true about not paying SOFs

Plus,if there wasnt an SOF you would struggle to attrach the like of Holder,Harris Cook etc,thas a fact

Im only going by what rathbone said on his Facebook live post about the Peterborough team reveals and he said he doesnt give riders a signing on fee but how much of that is true I dont know, but if lunnas demands were too high for Glasgow, no way would Peterborough afford it, that was the point Im making

Very true,but sometimes you burn your Bridges and are forced to take less,we have all done it at some point in life

• Like 1

PMSL ..... sorry which promotor is suspended and which isnt?.......

Rathbone was suspended for being open , honest and telling the truth , Godfrey doesn't want to tell the truth , doesn't pay to be honest does it.

• Like 1

Rathbone was suspended for being open , honest and telling the truth , Godfrey doesn't want to tell the truth , doesn't pay to be honest does it.

honesty is the best policy,,, but sometimes its best not to say anything ;)

• Like 1