British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset & Somerset v Poole. Good Friday.

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick; DC2 is a Swindon fan. He’s trying to have a dig at Poole (again, yawn), but in doing so has given Somerset one too. 

Ahh fair enough, I didn't have any idea who he supports and tbf like it or not people do think some Poole fans are arrogant. 

• Like 1

Mental note page 3 post 2. When Poole hopefully get hammered we can have some fun.

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Mental note page 3 post 2. When Poole hopefully get hammered we can have some fun.

How are Somerset going to hammer us then?

No chance of that happening unless there are catastrophic crashes. Poole are a far superior team this season.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Ahh fair enough, I didn't have any idea who he supports and tbf like it or not people do think some Poole fans are arrogant. 

What Poole fans are they then? I don't go on about what other teams fans I find arrogant. It's just people who can't debate properly use that as a comeback cos that's all they have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What Poole fans are they then? I don't go on about what other teams fans I find arrogant. It's just people who can't debate properly use that as a comeback cos that's all they have. 

Oh shut up pmsl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agrotron said:

Oh shut up pmsl

That's it???! Oh dear, poor effort. Try debating the point, come on I know you can do it! :D :lol:

• Haha 1

As we get nearer Friday don't look good rain and rain shame really 

23 minutes ago, ray c said:

As we get nearer Friday don't look good rain and rain shame really 

Forecast is for showers.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Forecast is for showers.

Still rain though trouble is though rain Wednesday and Thursday as well 

I have seen most of the riders from both teams over the last few days. Already mentioned those at Sheffield.

Went to Leicester v Somerset last night, should have been Wolves v Poole until it got put back.Difficult to judge on the notorious gate n go track.

Doyle: usual self. Got done by Andersen (see footage on BSPA web page). After the race, he almost got t-boned by Newman.Slowing down on the inside, he headed for the pits without looking, rode straight across Kyle, who somehow took avoiding action. Careless move. Missed start in Ht13 and didnt chase for long. Allen, tidy start but faded. Wright solid as ever. Holder one good win, not a lot else. Lawson when he gated looked good, when he didnt, looked very poor. Jeppesen,nothing to speak of, tbh. Wilson-Dean, very aggressive couple of 1st turns, especially shoving Andersen out of the way.Not eay to do, but then faded. Dont underestimate this one!

Former Pirates: Andersen was superb, looking really sharp. Newman rode steadily for his points. Unlucky to lose steel shoe as he was looking to split the Rebels pair in Ht12.

13 minutes ago, BobC said:

I have seen most of the riders from both teams over the last few days. Already mentioned those at Sheffield.

Went to Leicester v Somerset last night, should have been Wolves v Poole until it got put back.Difficult to judge on the notorious gate n go track.

Doyle: usual self. Got done by Andersen (see footage on BSPA web page). After the race, he almost got t-boned by Newman.Slowing down on the inside, he headed for the pits without looking, rode straight across Kyle, who somehow took avoiding action. Careless move. Missed start in Ht13 and didnt chase for long. Allen, tidy start but faded. Wright solid as ever. Holder one good win, not a lot else. Lawson when he gated looked good, when he didnt, looked very poor. Jeppesen,nothing to speak of, tbh. Wilson-Dean, very aggressive couple of 1st turns, especially shoving Andersen out of the way.Not eay to do, but then faded. Dont underestimate this one!

Former Pirates: Andersen was superb, looking really sharp. Newman rode steadily for his points. Unlucky to lose steel shoe as he was looking to split the Rebels pair in Ht12.

Lets hope that the only bit of bad luck Kyle gets this season, he needs a clear injury free season that will help his cause and form no end.

39 minutes ago, BobC said:

I disagree about Doyle in heat 13 he battled with Vaculik right until the end. The rest I agree with pretty much, adding on to Jeppesen I thought he was on the pace on a track he has never seen. Will be a decent reserve. As you said pretty much a gate and go track (although still an ok meeting tbf) so didn't suit the Rebels. Could struggle at Rye and Wolves this season

I understand that Poole will be using the rained off 70th Anniversary programmes for Friday, with an insert, of course!

1 hour ago, BobC said:

I understand that Poole will be using the rained off 70th Anniversary programmes for Friday, with an insert, of course!

Why do teams do this? Nothing more annoying than paying for a programme and finding out you bought an old one with an insert.

22 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Why do teams do this? Nothing more annoying than paying for a programme and finding out you bought an old one with an insert.

Reeks of more unprofessionalism and more fans being treated like mugs. Wasn't there an 'incentive' for Somerset fans travelling on the coach to Poole that they get a free programme or something like that?