British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

British Final 11th June 2018 at Belle Vue

1 hour ago, rainman said:

Never thought I would see the day I agreed with you but this time I do on all counts 

Schlein is riding on an ACU licence and is entitled to ride in the British Final.

i am not a fan of Schlein... but he has done quite a bit to help the British youngsters.

Simon Wigg rode on a Dutch licence for a few years... the reason being he wanted the easier World Championship rounds via the Netherlands instead of the British rounds.

There's an article in this weeks SS about Andy Smith riding on a Polish license and competing in the Polish Final . . People may not like the fact Rory's in the final but it's happening and there's  not much  we can do about it apart from grumble on here 

Barry Briggs, who was of course a New Zealander, was the first ever British Champion in 1961.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to this tomorrow, could make a case for nearly half of the field having a chance of winning. Pleased to see Stevie Worrall has recovered from his injury so quickly but it's ridiculous that he's been put in the meeting. Makes a complete mockery of qualification. A predication for the final result is 1. Lambert 2. Schlein 3. Cook 4. Bewley.

Can't see Woffy getting beat he's a class above these 

• Haha 2

Stevie is going to ride without any single meeting after injury? Brave boy.

I hope Lambert wins, or if Cook wins Lambert gets the Cardiff Wildcard, he deserves it after his efforts in the SON.

Also hope Bewley gets one of the reserve spots at Cardiff, it would be a good experience for him.

Do they have to make the winner of this meeting the GP wildcard? They don't do it every year. Can they just go with Lambert anyway, even if he doesn't win?

would love Lawson to win tonight.

i think if there is a dark horse it could be Auty.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Schlein is riding on an ACU licence and is entitled to ride in the British Final.

i am not a fan of Schlein... but he has done quite a bit to help the British youngsters.

Simon Wigg rode on a Dutch licence for a few years... the reason being he wanted the easier World Championship rounds via the Netherlands instead of the British rounds.

He found a loophole in the rules, good for him but he isn't a Brit by any stretch of the imagination and should not be riding in the British Final.

Wiggy, I thought he took out a Dutch licence to "help" his long track/grass track career on the continent?

3 minutes ago, Odds On said:

He found a loophole in the rules, good for him but he isn't a Brit by any stretch of the imagination and should not be riding in the British Final.

Wiggy, I thought he took out a Dutch licence to "help" his long track/grass track career on the continent?

I don't know if he has, but if he has taken out British Citizenship then he is a Brit.

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

I don't know if he has, but if he has taken out British Citizenship then he is a Brit.

like I said he's found a loophole in the rules similar to other riders have in the past, does it make him a Brit?.... this may go against the grain in this day and age but to me he isn't a Brit, he's rode 95% of his career on a Aussie licence and now his career is all but done he decides to ride under the GB banner.

SGB headline - BEST OF BRITISH AT BELLE VUE

Shouldn't that be "BEST OF THE REST"?

It’s a strange anonmoly that the ones who want to see Tai ride and complain about his absence are Tai haters and the ones happy for him to stay away, love him?

Anyway I’m looking forward to the mother in law coming over later. 

Can you buy tickets at the event or do you have to get them online before hand.  I remember buying them on the day last year, just wondered if it is the same this year?