British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh V Berwick & Berwick V Edinburgh KOC QF

57-33 typical berwick score

Going to take a minor miracle to get that deficit back. Yet another Armadale nightmare. Doesn't matter what the line up is, Berwick seem to have a mental block going there. Will take a hell of a turnaround now.

Going through the motions comes to mind watching that tonight,still they should earn a decent wage packet tomorrow .

I don't get it. 8 down after 9 and we go on to lose by 24. A shambles is being kind in description. A miracle is the only thing that will get us through on aggregate now! 

8 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

I don't get it. 8 down after 9 and we go on to lose by 24. A shambles is being kind in description. A miracle is the only thing that will get us through on aggregate now! 

We certainly made them look good.

Disgusted to see this championship meeting only had one British rider taking part.all four reserves foreign,no wonder we   are struggling to bring on young Britts  

• Like 1

Thought we would get beat but not hammered like that,that was embarrassing to watch bottom line Edinburgh whole team wanted it more good luck in the next round

Back in the day once we got past the first round we would make the final last few seasons have been a joke  Going to be a quick season 

38 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Think the difference in the second half of the meeting was that Monarchs gating improved and were going into the first bend alongside the visitors.

Definitely their best performance of the Season, with only three last places.

I had feared that Berwick would do us at reserve, but Andersson & Ruml stepped up to the plate.

Although Max Ruml only scored 4 paid 6 from 3 rides, there were two quality third places in relegating Etheridge& Doolan to last.

The inclusion of Palovaara (riding a bike borrowed from Andersson ) also gave the team a better balance.

I still think the overall tie is still in the balance as Bandits already won by 25pts against Newcastle four weeks ago at home, and I expect Gappmaier will probably score double figures tomorrow to atone for his zero return tonight.

Edited by cyclone

7 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Think the difference in the second half of the meeting was that Monarchs gating improved and were going into the first bend alongside the visitors.

Definitely their best performance of the Season, with only three last places.

I had feared that Berwick would do us at reserve, but Andersson & Ruml stepped up to the plate.

Although Max Ruml only scored 4 paid 6 from 3 rides, there were two quality third places in relegating Etheridge& Doolan to last.

The inclusion of Palovaara (riding a bike borrowed from Andersson ) also gave the team a better balance.

I still think the overall tie is still in the balance as Bandits already won by 25pts against Newcastle four weeks ago at home, and I expect Gappmaier will probably score double figures tomorrow to atone for his zero return tonight.

Wells and Eric are quite capable of scoring 25 points like the last time the other 5 would only need to score 9 between them and now you have improved your team SHOULD be no problem of course hope i am wrong but doubt it.

7 hours ago, cyclone said:

There's a difference between you and Newcastle at no.1 alone. You actually have a rider whose decent away from his home track. 

Theres no balance left to this tie. You've done what you had to do last night. Aye, we may put a bearing on tonight but it still won't be enough... There's no way with Wells and Riss alone that you won't score 34! 

• Like 1

As I said earlier I'd hoped for at least 38 points to give us a decent chance of going through, it's go to be very tough now 

Has it just been from this season that the finish line is beyond the start line.? Bit confusing IMO .

• Like 1