British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

01/08/2018 : Somerset v Swindon : Premiership

9 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

8-10 pts from Tungate this evening 

8 - 10 points that may ultimately help knock his own team, his own fans, and incredibly HIMSELF out of a chance of being a League Champion...

To be fair though....

Max Fricke did his level best to do the same on Monday....:D

No Promoters (or fans) should ever moan about why stadiums are empty, and the mainstream media persist in completely igoring the Sport, whilst such nonsense is allowed to take place...

What you got away with years ago simply doesn't wash anymore in the glare of the 24/7 public scrutiny of Social Media...

"Arrr, but this is Speedway". Is the stock answer from those who bury their head in the sand and collude with the promoters by attending and pretending that it is a 'real' Competition...

(Those few who still attend that is)...

Those many more thousands who have given up ever hoping it may one day gain credibilty to make it a bona fide 'proper' Competition, have a somewhat different view I would suggest....

And have 'spoken' loud and clear through their continuing absence....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, mikebv said:

8 - 10 points that may ultimately help knock his own team, his own fans, and incredibly HIMSELF out of a chance of being a League Champion...

To be fair though....

Max Fricke did his level best to do the same on Monday....:D

No Promoters (or fans) should ever moan about why stadiums are empty, and the mainstream media persist in completely igoring the Sport, whilst such nonsense is allowed to take place...

What you got away with years ago simply doesn't wash anymore in the glare of the 24/7 public scrutiny of Social Media...

"Arrr, but this is Speedway". Is the stock answer from those who bury their head in the sand and collude with the promoters by attending and pretending that it is a 'real' Competition...

(Those few who still attend that is)...

Those many more thousands who have given up ever hoping it may one day gain credibilty to make it a bona fide 'proper' Competition, have a somewhat different view I would suggest....

And have 'spoken' loud and clear through their continuing absence....

Well said & 100% right.

• Like 1

I think this will be a really tight meeting maybe 47-43 either way. Let’s hope for some cracking racing. Morris was v average in the pairs so let’s see what Tungste does.

Lawson needs to step up to the plate for sure tonight, he cost us big time Monday. He’s got the armband too. If the other Rebels are on usual form we should be ok. I can see Summers only getting three rides tonight, BWD and Jake are a different class at the OTA. It will be close especially if Bellego has a good one. 47-43 for me.

Dodgy looking performances from Batchelor and Musiluak. New rider to be announced surely. Both?  Hmmmmm!-_-

Just now, hyabb17 said:

I was wondering when RR would pipe up....wonder who’s up for the chop now.....

Good job it wasn't Bellego as he has suggested for months or we would have struggled to get 25 tonight

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dodgy looking performances from Batchelor and Musiluak. New rider to be announced surely. Both?  Hmmmmm!-_-

I don’t think so, we’ve just dropped off massively. The deadline is the 12th August & I’m unsure if new averages will be out by then. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We are just crap!! Plain and simple

• Like 1

Only 6 meetings remain now. 

The manager won’t make changes now, should of been done months ago. 

No team deserves to reach the playoffs with such a horrendous away record. 

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

According to updates, Batch not making it to bend one, Batch  pulling up in third place... hmmm. Brings back memories of a Poole performance at Swindon a few years back.

Can't see it, though. The league is too tight to be able to chuck points away.

Edited by Grachan

I don't get why folk are surprised, we were written off at the start of the season, had two away wins and suddenly became world beaters, we are basically now riding to what the predictions suggested.

• Like 2