British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. Prem B. 13/8/18 BT Sports.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kurtz a disgrace tonight. Cant see anything but a Rebels win by 4. Fair play to them though. 

So. Did you ask him why he was a "disgrace" in the get together after the meeting.. Or did you forget :blink:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

So. Did you ask him why he was a "disgrace" in the get together after the meeting.. Or did you forget :blink:

Kurtz wasn't there

9 hours ago, Trumpy said:

Glad my campaigning worked at the start of the season.

I said 3 changes needed to be made if we wanted to reach the play-offs/win the league.

I also said Sundstrom, Szczepaniak & Shanes had to go.

3 changes I got.

3 riders who I wanted out got sacked or left.

Now look at where we are. 

But you were weak last night and gonna lose?

9 hours ago, Trumpy said:

Glad my campaigning worked at the start of the season.

I said 3 changes needed to be made if we wanted to reach the play-offs/win the league.

I also said Sundstrom, Szczepaniak & Shanes had to go.

3 changes I got.

3 riders who I wanted out got sacked or left.

Now look at where we are. 

You also said Grajczonek should go! He has been your best rider in the last 2 meetings and Poole would have lost without him last night.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Figment of your imagination mate... Do you have a local specsavers.. ?

Haha even you cant deny the track was bumpy especially in turns 1 and 2. Everyone saw it plain as day on the TV. But are you saying it wasn't?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Haha even you cant deny the track was bumpy especially in turns 1 and 2. Everyone saw it plain as day on the TV. But are you saying it wasn't?

Doyle could't 'race' in Ht 15 because the track was so bad - spoilt what should have been a great meeting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Doyle could't 'race' in Ht 15 because the track was so bad - spoilt what should have been a great meeting.

I just can't wait for the reply. Every week for seasons we are told the track is amazing and then when the TV camera's arrive low and behold its bumpy that week but better the next!!

Don't get wrong, the meeting was miles better than anything we have seen at Swindon over the last couple of years, which isn't saying much. But maybe it wasn't sour grapes from NKI the other week.

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I just can't wait for the reply. Every week for seasons we are told the track is amazing and then when the TV camera's arrive low and behold its bumpy that week but better the next!!

Arrr.....

But.....

The TV cameras being there always coincides with a low tide...

(Or is it a high tide it coincides with?)...:blink:

It's one of the tides anyway......

Wednesdays tides are different....;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Just watched it on tv and we gave away so many points. Kurtz and Jackobsen were terrible. Doubt either will be so poor next time.

Certainly not one of the better meetings at Poole this year. Josh said in the meeting and at the press conference that rivers of water were running down the track yesterday and the track was nowhere near as grippy as they wanted it with some spongy areas.

Still, a decent crowd for an off race night with the cameras present. And a win to take us to the summit for the time being. Playoffs nailed on and if we don’t finish top, I doubt the team that does end up top will not be picking us in the semis.

The team all get on, and a good vibe around the team. 

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just watched it on tv and we gave away so many points. Kurtz and Jackobsen were terrible. Doubt either will be so poor next time.

Certainly not one of the better meetings at Poole this year. Josh said in the meeting and at the press conference that rivers of water were running down the track yesterday and the track was nowhere near as grippy as they wanted it with some spongy areas.

Still, a decent crowd for an off race night with the cameras present. And a win to take us to the summit for the time being. Playoffs nailed on and if we don’t finish top, I doubt the team that does end up top will not be picking us in the semis.

The team all get on, and a good vibe around the team. 

Steve, airfences went up l night, before, as you can imagine there were lakes of water on them, so it was a case of putting them up the night before, and giving it the night to soak in, or putting them up on the day and having tons of water on the track and Neil would have been hard pressed to shift it.
As for Brady, he was visably upset with his performance in the pits, no rider wants to ride badly or run lasts especially at this stage, they are a lot better than that and we all know it.
Im not going to temp fate here, but Somerset Poole would be nice... See what i did there ..:rolleyes:

Edited by Starman2006

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Arrr.....

But.....

The TV cameras being there always coincides with a low tide...

(Or is it a high tide it coincides with?)...:blink:

It's one of the tides anyway......

Wednesdays tides are different....;)

And your grapes taste different to ours..:party:

Third visit to Poole this year and all three have been disappointing for racing, but not as dull as Swindon. I'm realising how spoilt I am to be attending my newly-adopted home track of Somerset. We just need to persuade Charles Wright back now...

wright.jpg

Edited by speedybee

I have to jump to the defence of Poole.  The racing was ok, not great, but certainly not as bad as people are making out.  

The worry for all other Clubs is that Poole rode last night without a number one or indeed one Reserve and still had enough in the tank to get home.  Not many teams can ride 5 handed overcome a tac ride against them and still take the 3 points on offer against a team riding high in the League.

Sorry guys but I really cannot see anyone stopping the Pirates march toward yet another title. Its all over bar the watching.

3 minutes ago, semion said:

I have to jump to the defence of Poole.  The racing was ok, not great, but certainly not as bad as people are making out.  

The worry for all other Clubs is that Poole rode last night without a number one or indeed one Reserve and still had enough in the tank to get home.  Not many teams can ride 5 handed overcome a tac ride against them and still take the 3 points on offer against a team riding high in the League.

Sorry guys but I really cannot see anyone stopping the Pirates march toward yet another title. Its all over bar the watching.

The racing last night was very mediocre compared to what we have seen at Poole recently. Woryna went to the back when messing up. On another night he would have come through to join his partner for a 5-1. Same goes for Worrall.  The track also slickened off later and then passing was at a premium. It can and does produce better racing than we got last night.

As for it being all over, far from it. Somerset have big home advantage and as we will see next week, are a serious force on their home patch. The whole Poole team will need to be right on it to keep it as close as last night. No passengers.