British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Good luck and stay injury-free to all riders from both teams who have racing commitments both here and in Poland over the weekend!!

Amen to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Morris goes pretty good at Poole hence he has been used as a guest before for Kurtz

Always nice to have your own riders but if Morris gets more than 7 he will have covered for Kurtz whose home average is less then 7 and has only got 5 in his last two home meetings.

Lynn may have difficulty keeping it close with Morris in the team , im going for a Poole win by 12 as although Lambert will go well, the Kings Lynn middle order may struggle against the likes of Klindt and Woryna, and Poole are far superior at reserve.

The key to me is Iversen.................if he can get 8 or more than Lynn will keep it close

Iversen seems to blow a bit hot and cold although his overall form of late has been better. I would say Poole are not superior at reserve, MPT is better than

either of our reserves although Simon Lambert is a weakness, MPT can have one of his rides. Our strength is our middle order although I much prefer Josh at 3 it worked well at Somerset then in heat one at home he came last in the number two position, Woryna may have come last too but the team looks stronger with Josh at 3, I also think Josh and Nicolai rider well together.

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Iversen seems to blow a bit hot and cold although his overall form of late has been better. I would say Poole are not superior at reserve, MPT is better than

either of our reserves although Simon Lambert is a weakness, MPT can have one of his rides. Our strength is our middle order although I much prefer Josh at 3 it worked well at Somerset then in heat one at home he came last in the number two position, Woryna may have come last too but the team looks stronger with Josh at 3, I also think Josh and Nicolai rider well together.

Maybe they don't put Harris and Woryna together cos they might get in each other's way and go for same bit of track...?

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe they don't put Harris and Woryna together cos they might get in each other's way and go for same bit of track...?

I don't know, might help Woryna to follow Harris.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Harris would have to gate for that to happen! ;)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

cant see kacper fancying the dog track to be honest :party:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Harris would have to gate for that to happen! ;)

True but that is what makes Bomber so exciting just like Mark Loram, neither can gate for toffee.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

True but that is what makes Bomber so exciting just like Mark Loram, neither can gate for toffee.

Still a treat to have bomber in our team even if it is late in his career

35 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Morris goes pretty good at Poole hence he has been used as a guest before for Kurtz

Always nice to have your own riders but if Morris gets more than 7 he will have covered for Kurtz whose home average is less then 7 and has only got 5 in his last two home meetings.

Lynn may have difficulty keeping it close with Morris in the team , im going for a Poole win by 12 as although Lambert will go well, the Kings Lynn middle order may struggle against the likes of Klindt and Woryna, and Poole are far superior at reserve.

The key to me is Iversen.................if he can get 8 or more than Lynn will keep it close

I’m not sure I’d agree about the reserves. Yes, Simon Lambert has had more poor than good matches at Poole, but MPT is in blistering form and I’d expect him to beat Worrall and Jacobsen. 

Too close to call in my view but Poole certainly need a good lead to take to KL who seem to score 50+ each meeting

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m not sure I’d agree about the reserves. Yes, Simon Lambert has had more poor than good matches at Poole, but MPT is in blistering form and I’d expect him to beat Worrall and Jacobsen. 

Too close to call in my view but Poole certainly need a good lead to take to KL who seem to score 50+ each meeting

Simon lambert has also up his game in recent weeks as well not necessarily at poole though

Edited by ray c

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

Absolutely correct, I know we all remember when he has been the thorn in our side and whether he owes us anything as he said is debatable but what is not debateable is that he has been a fantastic  servant to racing in this country and you can't buy his spirit and determination. Personally I have always liked him and he has given us some of the most exciting races ever witnessed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Absolutely correct, I know we all remember when he has been the thorn in our side and whether he owes us anything as he said is debatable but what is not debateable is that he has been a fantastic  servant to racing in this country and you can't buy his spirit and determination. Personally I have always liked him and he has given us some of the most exciting races ever witnessed.

Always a buzz when mark or bomber was in town 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Absolutely. :t:

A narrow home win for me and Lynn to coast the 2nd leg - they’ve comfortably been the best side all season and would be deserving winners. However it’s the playoffs and anything can happen !