British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Strong rumours on the terraces yesterday is that a minimum 2 year lease has been signed, securing the car racing for that period. Depending on who you listen too there are various names in the hat but popular choice suggests Deane Wood may of taken it on. 

Deane has speedway at his mildenhall stadium, sub let's to Ipswich witches at foxall, and he rents Arlington from the Dugards. So he is very familiar with working alongside speedway. Be interesting to see what develops.

Would love us to be able to carry on at Arena. 

• Like 3

I have seen pictures of the final banger meeting, the Firecracker was always popular and the place was rammed, they even had to turn people away!

I am sure the four wheeled fans were thinking the same we were for the Glasgow match, if only a few more of these Johnny come lately's turned up on a regular basis this place would not be facing closure.

To be fair, the axe has been hanging over Arena Essex for years. I always approached recent seasons thinking it could be the last. The failure to finish the season at purfleet, was the most disappointing thing for me.

10 minutes ago, marko said:

I have seen pictures of the final banger meeting, the Firecracker was always popular and the place was rammed, they even had to turn people away!

I am sure the four wheeled fans were thinking the same we were for the Glasgow match, if only a few more of these Johnny come lately's turned up on a regular basis this place would not be facing closure.

Maybe that's the answer to ensuring you have a full stadium, week in week out. You announce at each meeting, the next one will be the last!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Spedeworth imposed a hefty rent rise on Mildenhall this year. There are no free lunches on stadium landlords.

That's totally incorrect as far as I am aware,  the rent has stayed the same but Deane has insisted the club pay the Vat on the rent.

16 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

That's totally incorrect as far as I am aware,  the rent has stayed the same but Deane has insisted the club pay the Vat on the rent.

I'm only saying what a friend who worked for spedeworth told me. It's been a topic on Mildenhall forums as well. 

25 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

As Mildenhall speedway must be a fully taxable VAT registered business all the input VAT on the rent would be fully recoverable so not a cost to Mildenhall speedway.

So he rent has stayed the same.

20 minutes ago, arnieg said:

As Mildenhall speedway must be a fully taxable VAT registered business all the input VAT on the rent would be fully recoverable so not a cost to Mildenhall speedway.

So he rent has stayed the same.

If thats the case Arnie, I'll have a word with my Spedeworth mate. He was quite high up the food chain there, and is not known for telling porkies.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

That's a bit odd. If VAT is due, Mildenhall would have had to pay the VAT, it's not an option. And Deane would then pay the VAT to HMRC, less the VAT the stock car business has paid within the business. And Mildenhall would then reduce their VAT bill to HMRC, less the VAT they have paid within the business. All VAT is, is a mechanism to collect tax for HMRC.  

9 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

That's a bit odd. If VAT is due, Mildenhall would have had to pay the VAT, it's not an option. And Deane would then pay the VAT to HMRC, less the VAT the stock car business has paid within the business. And Mildenhall would then reduce their VAT bill to HMRC, less the VAT they have paid within the business. All VAT is, is a mechanism to collect tax for HMRC.  

I am in no position to name info as fact, just my understanding of the situation. As has happened in the past my info may be total fiction, but it has come from a credible source at least.

9 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I am in no position to name info as fact, just my understanding of the situation. As has happened in the past my info may be total fiction, but it has come from a credible source at least.

Like you say, if it's a credible source then it should be true. My mate worked for Spedeworth for over 20 years until retirement. So i had no reason to doubt him.

I guess we find out tomorrow if the club will run or if the end will be confirmed?

Edited by liam

There we have it the fat lady has sung her final note, it was fun while it lasted. Although it was expected I am absolutely gutted. Thanks for the memories.

• Sad 1

oh dear gutted will have to see if we did not apply or were not allowed to

really need some sort of conformation.

well and truly sick as a pig.

The statement says two clubs from national league will be moving up to championship, maybe Kent with Jon Cook?