British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromafar

Edinburgh v Berwick 3/5/2019

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

One for the anoraks:    

It's fair to say Berwick haven't done well in the Premier Trophy/League Cup/Championship Shield over the years since it was introduced in 1999.

When, if ever, did the Bandits last qualify out of the group stage of this competition?

Certainly can't remember Berwick qualifying from the group stages. During the Peter Waite era, the Premier Trophy / Shield was used as a warm up / average manipulation for the League campaign. That coupled with our inability to win at any of our neighbours meant we very rarely looked like qualifying. Berwick have a habit of finishing seasons in better form than starting them.

6 hours ago, crescent girl said:

One for the anoraks:    

It's fair to say Berwick haven't done well in the Premier Trophy/League Cup/Championship Shield over the years since it was introduced in 1999.

When, if ever, did the Bandits last qualify out of the group stage of this competition?

We reach the Final of the Premier Challenge Trophy in 2012 .beaten by Rye House in final.If l remember correctly our Guest Craig Cook pull out the meeting at Berwick after 1 race.

54 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

We reach the Final of the Premier Challenge Trophy in 2012 .beaten by Rye House in final.If l remember correctly our Guest Craig Cook pull out the meeting at Berwick after 1 race.

Wasn't that an end of season competition, rather than the one at he start? I thought it was Workington who beat us in the final. 

2 hours ago, topsoil said:

Wasn't that an end of season competition, rather than the one at he start? I thought it was Workington who beat us in the final. 

It was Premier League Trophy Final.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topsoil said:

I thought that was the end of season competition for the teams not in the top half of the league,( The Young Shield ? )  Comets won the meeting on what was a very wet night , as I remember Jason Doyle guested for Berwick in the earlier rounds but had to go home and missed the final 

9 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I thought that was the end of season competition for the teams not in the top half of the league,( The Young Shield ? )  Comets won the meeting on what was a very wet night , as I remember Jason Doyle guested for Berwick in the earlier rounds but had to go home and missed the final 

Yes, that sounds about right.

12 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

That means two world champions have ridden for Berwick then :-) (I can remember Tai guesting as well at one point). I'm not counting longtrack before anybody points out Kelvin Tatum.

15 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

That’s a different Competition from what I referred to though.

21 minutes ago, topsoil said:

That means two world champions have ridden for Berwick then :-) (I can remember Tai guesting as well at one point). I'm not counting longtrack before anybody points out Kelvin Tatum.

There has been 3 not counting Kelvin.;)

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

There has been 3 not counting Kelvin.;)

I missed a lot of the 90s and early 2000s so I'm going to guess either Nicki Pedersen, in his Newcastle days, or somebody in the 1991 season, as guests?

18 minutes ago, topsoil said:

I missed a lot of the 90s and early 2000s so I'm going to guess either Nicki Pedersen, in his Newcastle days, or somebody in the 1991 season, as guests?

Nope was a Bandit;)

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Nope was a Bandit;)

Unless this is a trick Anthony Barlow ice racing or Richard Hall / Theo Pijper longtrack answer I'm stuck.

1 minute ago, Midget said:

How long until the axe falls on Lawson an sedgmen 

The way the averages work “a while”