Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon. V Peterborough. 06/05/19.

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Hans and Tungate let us down 

Going to be a recurring theme.....

3 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Going to be a recurring theme.....

Hans seems a long way from being number 1 quality at present. He could be heading for a spell at reserve this season. 

Tungate is a number 3 or 4 

16 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Hans and Tungate let us down 

both looked good when the bike didn't pack up but they had poor meetings

6 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

The former record holder!!

As I said.....Good move bringing the Track Record Holder in as a guest.....And wins the meeting for the Robins to boot:rofl::t:

Just now, scottyfan said:

As I said.....Good move bringing the Track Record Holder in as a guest.....And wins the meeting for the Robins to boot:rofl::t:

Haha yeah! Nice to see a Poole rider doing the right thing!

• Like 1

The team is what it is and somewhat weak. However they put on a great effort tonight and could well have won had it not been for mechanical problems with Tungate and Andersen.

7 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Being a King's Lynn fan you don't have a clue what Panthers fans have been feeling in the off season. 

Your first line was... "I just want the season to end already". I think most people would agree it sounds childish, despite what any of the Panthers fans say. Yours stands out as spitting the dummy.

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Well done to the boys for battling back every point gained is a bonus. The boys are giving it 100% and that's all I can ask for after what Buster did to us. 

If Hans and Tungate rode to their averages you would of won..

That was a great result for Peterborough. And if it wasnt for bike trouble probably would have won 

1 minute ago, BlackPanther said:

I don't care if you or others think it's childish. Like I said you wouldn't get it because you and others get the luxury of seeing a competitive team week in and week out with riders like Robert Lambert and Jason Doyle on show. Panthers fans are watching 3 second strings and 4 reserves that struggle to win at home every week

You went close tonight, at one of the fav's for the season.

Surprised Ellis didn't get heat 15. That was probably the best and quickest I've seen him ride at home. Impressive.

• Like 1

I'd make the change now and move out Bjerre or Barker personally.  There must be a couple of 6 pointers out there 

It’s a shame the track that has been heralded as great so far has a very ordinary night on TV. The shape looks much better and clearly it needs more bedding in but this wasn’t very pretty viewing.

Yet again riders jumping the start ruining it for the viewers both present and watching on a telly.

How unprofessional are some of the Peterborough team with ultimately huge costly bike issues that cost the team victory. Hans and Rohan both very unprofessional. 

Panthers benefited greatly by 8 points from RR, points need to be used to replace Lasse whilst they can too.

Swindon wanted to throw it away at the end and Ellis nearly cost the team points as well with another costly tape infringement.

Wright was superb whilst Brady was brilliant. 

It’s a shame the new Abbey didn’t deliver tonight, let’s hope other live matches capture some magic.

Edited by stevebrum
Added info.

While I understand the P'boro fans frustrations I don’t think their team is half as bad as some of their more OTT supporters like to make out. 

Track surface not great tonight but you can see the shape is an enormous improvement on the previous circuit. 

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

While I understand the P'boro fans frustrations I don’t think their team is half as bad as some of their more OTT supporters like to make out. 

Track surface not great tonight but you can see the shape is an enormous improvement on the previous circuit. 

Less Ippo fans moaning already, crowds good. A few Panthers fans still on it, but they could of won with a few more points from Hans and Tungate. I think Buster is doing a reasonable job, given it can't be easy. That said Ty is a worry on a 6.65

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1