British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon. V Peterborough. 06/05/19.

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I'd make the change now and move out Bjerre or Barker personally.  There must be a couple of 6 pointers out there 

Who?

So it didn't work out for you, but you got a point away against one of the title favs.And you first reaction was????? " I just want the season to end already" All I said was it was childish. It was. End of.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Surprised Ellis didn't get heat 15. That was probably the best and quickest I've seen him ride at home. Impressive.

Yeah and signed and sealed as Brummies new number one .

9 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Ryan Fisher for me would be a good signing.

Gives it his all in every race.

He retired years ago :rofl:

9 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Yeah and signed and sealed as Brummies new number one .

Is that right, be a very good signing if so 

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Twisting it again aren't you. My post was made during the meeting when Swindon had a grip of the meeting and were winning comfortably think it's was 22-14. Like I said unless you're a die hard passionate Panthers fan then you wouldn't have a clue. Have a nice evening. 

That highlights your childish comments. Shot ya bolt to early :rofl:

2 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Is that right, be a very good signing if so 

Well that was the Rumours this morning and Nigel Pearson confirmed in commentary he had signed for a championship club. 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

23 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

like I have said in previous posts they're riding out of position so it's not a shock to see low scores. They gave it 100% so that's all I can ask for. It's easy for fans like yourself to come on here and say if Hans done this or if Tungate done this but you're missing the point. Rohan Tungate done his job tonight. Rohan's final GSA away from home last season was 6.22 and that was riding in the middle order so nobody can expect him to achieve his 7.71 average riding as a No.5.

I don't know the in's and out 's of that. As a stat nerd, Rohan averaged 4.67 tonight. But before you jump on me, I thought he did okay. Charles Wright is a rider I've rated for a while and paid 18 is outstanding. BWD just does what BWD does; he surprises you. Analyse this properly. Peterborough scored 14 paid 15 from reserve against Swindon's 4 paid 6. Peterborough scored 8 from their RR number 2. You can't look further than the No.1 to see why you mathematically lost this meeting. And again, don't leap on me. Hans obviously had his mechanical problems. Having said that, I'm not sure about heat 13. He may have been having problems but he clearly released the clutch lever and hit the tapes as a result.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Hans and Tungate rode to their averages you would of won..

If Lambert and Proctor had rode to their averages Lynn would of won at Ipswich 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Stand by my statement still. I do want the season to end. Tonight changes nothing. It's not fun to read comments or hear people at the Showground calling for team changes whilst seeing your team struggling to win a home meeting. 

Try been a Birmingham Bummies fan would be enough to finish you off by this reaction.

10 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

Fans above may as well stop mentioning team changes. They're not going to happen. Whole reason why the Aaron Summers deal was made permanent. Buster doesn't care and is only in it to save the Premiership. Just get behind the team and take any point that comes our way. If riders score 2 points or 3 points then you have to expect it. 

Really unfair to mention team changes. No.1 Andersen is a No.5, No.2 L. Bjerre is a No.7, No.3 Barker is a No.7 & No.5 Tungate is a No.3. Your expecting too much from them. 

Well said...

Nice to see someone with some common sense..

You do have to laugh at some of the content on each teams threads by fans bemoaning why their team is 'poor'...

Every year the SS does a bumper edition where you read absolute garbage from promoters of tracks saying things like "we have picked a team who can all increase their averages' or 'he has shown glimpses in the past of the level of rider we think he can be'...

All absolute nonsense...

Riders run similar averages year in year out because, guess what? That is their level...

Several will be four and five point men the whole of their careers..

Always were, are now, and always will be...

To expect them to do any better is folly, especially as they ride against pretty much the same riders every season who are doing exactly the same thing to their averages  (ie pretty much standing still)..

If you have ridden for five years or so then usually that is pretty much as good as you will get..

After ten years or so then there is usually a tipping point where you go backwards..

"Let's bring Woffy and Bartosz in"...:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

I'm not going to jump on you False Dawn. I thought Rohan did okay as well. I honestly don't expect 7+ points from him riding at No.5 away from home. I agree with you 100% with your analysis regarding Hans. It was the difference but I cant complain about Hans' performance because he's a No.5 on the decline being asked to do a job at No.1 by the management. 

You're not wrong. But Hans has been round the block more than once (he did it with us once at Brandon). He has to dig in and score 5 or 6. The pictures of him on TV tonight suggested something different. A rider in crisis, doing daft stuff at the gate, possibly blaming his pit crew and not looking at ease at all. He's better than that. I know, he's ridden for my side. I know time moves on but his experience at all levels up to World level should be enough to bring him through this. 

Anyway, I'm not having a go. Well done Peterborough for getting that close, scoring a league point and contributing to good TV.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Sensible opinion's and a good debate. Respect to you for that as you don't get much of that on social media these day's.

Do you know? I don't care what we're talking about. Those 2 sentences are more telling than anything I've read on here in a long time, maybe since I joined the forum in 2001. Yes 2001. When we debated sensibly about tracks, riders even Norbold's Hole. I'm heartened by your contribution. There's hope.

• Like 3

Not a great night the referee had a nightmare for me and hardly kept the show rolling his decision on the awarded race was nothing short of a disgrace.Peterborough deserved a point and did well to hang on in there and well done to Charles Wright he was immense tonight.Swindon looked vulnerable tonight and need to raise there game for Thursday night a win is a win though and we move on to the next match.