British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Eastbourne 28.6.19

Julie! I am ashamed of you! Read the link.

In 2006 ......... League Champions, KO Cup Winners, Trophy Winners, Shield Winners, Pairs Winners

In 2007 ......... League Champions, KO Cup Winners, Trophy Winners, Fours Winners & Individual Riders Champion.

You have to start somewhere but after being reborn in 2005, these are accolades we are proud of.

Then, to add to them, we were National League Champions in 2011,  Premier(now Championship) League Champions 2012 plus Premier League Fours Individual Champion in 2016.

Edited by IronScorpion

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Julie! I am ashamed of you! Read the link.

In 2006 ......... League Champions, KO Cup Winners, Trophy Winners, Shield Winners, Pairs Winners

In 2007 ......... League Champions, KO Cup Winners, Trophy Winners, Fours Winners & Individual Riders Champion.

You have to start somewhere but after being reborn in 2005, these are accolades we are proud of.

I did read it .....Clearly you are not getting my point ....Conference League (NL) is different to Premier (Championship) League is it not  ?? ;)

In 2019 - Workington Comets League Champions , KOC Winners , Championship Shield , add in Ian Thomas Trophy, Border Trophy of and Runners- Up on Pairs :approve:

Edited by Taylorj
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Any team news going to head over and bringing a newbie as well 

They are too busy talking about something other than the coming match. Expect Eastbourne will be Lawson, Morley, Newman, Kerr, Kennett, Bowtell, Wood. 

Kerr and Newman might swap round, as could the reserves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

:blink: Mmmmmm not quite the same . Reading that , I'm sure there is not a "TREBLE" in the same season , if you want you to take it across previous years , you can add the Pairs 2012 and Fours (not 100% sure the years but around 2009/10) to the Comets glorys  then !!!! :lol: 

here are a few you MAY have missed over the seasons gone by .

PLfours . 2001.. 2004 .. 2006 ..2008 .. 2009

young shield .. 2008 .. 2009 .. 2010

league champs  2018 

ko cup winners 2018

sgb shield  .. 2018

pairs .. 1999 .. 2000 .. 2001 .. 2003 .. 2008 .. 1012 

plrc .. 2000 .. 2001..  2007 ..

no conferance or nl meeting counted as are the pl4s individual and not includind runners up positions . 

ian thomas trophy, border trophy . prob missed some others orf !

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

nice away defeat for eastie or is that not what you want to read ?

3 hours ago, jenga said:

nice away defeat for eastie or is that not what you want to read ?

Maybe, but it least it would keep the thread on topic. (instead of more historic waffle that dominates the forum and speedway in general - speedway must the most the only sport that continually harps back to the past). 

Edited by woofers

24 minutes ago, woofers said:

Maybe, but it least it would keep the thread on topic. (instead of more historic waffle that dominates the forum and speedway in general - speedway must the most the only sport that continually harps back to the past). 

Could not agree more, it’s almost turning into a competition of ‘Who remembers the most from 1963’ top trumps.

31 minutes ago, woofers said:

the 1966 world cup springs to mind !

Big Pressure on the Top 5 again. As I expect after seeing him last Friday Bowtell to clean up at reserve, Hopefully Kinsley can get the better of Wood.

10 hours ago, Taylorj said:

And something for you to  consider , which in your lifetime will more than likely never happen but one can always dream ............

1. What it would feel like to win the "TREBLE" :lol::approve:

Oh dear oh dear 

I'm sorry but I can Top Trump you there 

I'm based in Hull and travel 60 mile round trip plus two bridge fees to watch home meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway to watch the Scorpions now my first team the defunct Hull Vikings 

Ill take you back to 2004 

Craven Shield winners beating Reading Racers in the final 

Premier league knockout cup winners beating Exeter Falcons in the final

Premier league winners in a 15 team league table ,I remember now a team from Cumbria finished over 10 pts behind us in 2nd  with a quality rider in Stoney in your ranks 

So what it would be like to be TREBLE WINNERS well I've been there with the 

Hull Vikngs sadly now defunct 

Im a speedway fan who worked out of town and last year took in meetings at 

Poole,Swindon and Rye House in the top league  & 

Scunthorpe,Peterborough,Sheffield,Newcastle and Rye House in championship

My dad took me to the Boulevard in the 70's and sadly in 2004  due to 4 residents complaining about air horns Speedway was lost .so there you are nearly 50 yrs watching this sport and Hull Vikings were the first to do the a TREBLE 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Oh dear oh dear 

I'm sorry but I can Top Trump you there 

I'm based in Hull and travel 60 mile round trip plus two bridge fees to watch home meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway to watch the Scorpions now my first team the defunct Hull Vikings 

Ill take you back to 2004 

Craven Shield winners beating Reading Racers in the final 

Premier league knockout cup winners beating Exeter Falcons in the final

Premier league winners in a 15 team league table ,I remember now a team from Cumbria finished over 10 pts behind us in 2nd  with a quality rider in Stoney in your ranks 

So what it would be like to be TREBLE WINNERS well I've been there with the 

Hull Vikngs sadly now defunct 

Im a speedway fan who worked out of town and last year took in meetings at 

Poole,Swindon and Rye House in the top league  & 

Scunthorpe,Peterborough,Sheffield,Newcastle and Rye House in championship

My dad took me to the Boulevard in the 70's and sadly in 2004  due to 4 residents complaining about air horns Speedway was lost .so there you are nearly 50 yrs watching this sport and Hull Vikings were the first to do the a TREBLE 

We actually beat Isle of Wight in the KOC final that year. Nevertheless it was a great season.

The Exeter win was 2001 we beat them in the Premier Trophy final the year (2000) before too

3 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

We actually beat Isle of Wight in the KOC final that year. Nevertheless it was a great season.

The Exeter win was 2001 we beat them in the Premier Trophy final the year (2000) before too

Thanks for that we won so much I'm getting ahead of myself

• Like 1