British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar KO Cup 5/7/19@19.30

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

that result did make me smile on Friday  ,:t::party:   that's the "Treble" down the swanny  

How sad...

Vindictiveness - another undesirable trait.

I guess if the bad bits in you the bad bits in you, as they say.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

That's an ex(almost) Comets team that got beat. So now, who do you go to see, The Tigers or The Bears? :rolleyes:

Exactly ....Ex Comets :approve:

I said at the start of the season I wanted Redcar and Berwick to do well, same issues as the Comets with money and struggling crowds over the past few years , and looking at the Redcar team now they will put some spanners in the works for the big guns, starting with Glasgow on Friday , Sheffield yesterday , so in answer to your question The Bears

5 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

How sad...

Vindictiveness - another undesirable trait.

I guess if the bad bits in you the bad bits in you, as they say.

Your Forum name suits you to a tee :D

11 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

The thing is that you show extreme vindictiveness towards Glasgow at every turn.  I have always congratulated Workington and also personally to yourself have shown sadness at Workington's closure.  Whereas it is clear that you would obviously celebrate Glasgow closing.  Very sad for you as an individual to be all consumed by the hatred which you appear to be full of and show at every opportunity.  I feel sorry for you.

Edited by BigBoaby
  • Like 2

Everyone hates Glasgow now that they have money behind them , jealousy is a terrible thing. It wasn't that long ago that we were threatened with closure and at the bottom of the league, year after year but we still went home and away to support the team. We always congratulate the team that has beaten us. The money jibes are getting very tiresome.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dorothy58 said:

Everyone hates Glasgow now that they have money behind them , jealousy is a terrible thing. It wasn't that long ago that we were threatened with closure and at the bottom of the league, year after year but we still went home and away to support the team. We always congratulate the team that has beaten us. The money jibes are getting very tiresome.

Whatever happened to sportsmanship and for that matter a mature outlook on things.  Life's too short to be consumed by hatred but some show it on here.  I genuinely feel sorry for such people, hatred seems to consume them.  Not something I would like to be.

As you say about the money jibes being tiresome, not to mention juvenile, the irony is there's so little money and investment in the sport anyway.  Those that follow football would laugh at the tiny amount of money Glasgow have invested.  I'd love to see investment into other clubs.  The sport is dying but for the jealousy ridden small-minded they allow themselves to become the complete opposite of sportsmanlike or grownup and come on here spouting their small-minded bile. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

I very much doubt that everyone actually hates Glasgow but I remember some promoters were critical of the way they just outbid everyone for whoever they want (remember the Brian Havelock, Summers incident). In the main it hasn't seemed to work, as you change personnel as frequently as other teams and your trophy cabinet isn't exactly bulging. Speedway in the UK would be better for more owners with a sound financial backing though.

Edited by foamfence
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Your Forum name suits you to a tee :D

In order to say that I would imagine you would need to stand next to him in the toilet in order to confirm if this is indeed true.

Apart from that he seems a decent guy. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I remember some promoters were critical of the way they just outbid everyone for whoever they want (remember the Brian Havelock, Summers incident). In the main it hasn't seemed to work, as you change personnel as frequently as other teams and your trophy cabinet isn't exactly bulging. Speedway in the UK would be better for more owners with a sound financial backing though.

Two sides to every story.  The one I heard was that Havelock "milked" it and demanded more money for a rider that wanted to leave and not be part of his team anyway.

You say "in the main it hasn't worked".  What exactly hasn't worked.  The stadium has been overhauled with better facilities and better track.  The league position has also generally been higher than previously and the team competitive.  And the past few seasons have brought financial stability.

By any standards that's a massive improvement.  So in the main it has worked.

The changing of personnel - there will always be a high turnover of riders in speedway so long as averages dictate team building, whereby those perceived to be on a falling average are ditched and those on a rising average are hired.

49 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

The thing is that you show extreme vindictiveness towards Glasgow at every turn.  I have always congratulated Workington and also personally to yourself have shown sadness at Workington's closure.  Whereas it is clear that you would obviously celebrate Glasgow closing.  Very sad for you as an individual to be all consumed by the hatred which you appear to be full of and show at every opportunity.  I feel sorry for you.

Jesus , wind your neck in ....I have never once said I would celebrate any team closing,  believe me I know how bad it feels losing my club this season. Although your fellow tigers faithfuls on here had plenty of swipes at us closing last season .  I have never mentioned money either in my  replies so get your bee out of your bonnet :rolleyes: I have friends at Glasgow , a bit of banter hurts no-one , in fact this Forum is quite boring reading these days without us . I'm not consumed with any hatred, there is 5 Ex Comets riders in the Glasgow team this season whom I rate highly, 2 of them living only a couple of miles from me . I will tell you I didn't want you get the "Treble" this season I wanted the Comets to keep that crown for this season at least,  but I really couldn't give a sh== whether you win anything else or whatever's left !

Edited by Taylorj
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Taylorj said:

Jesus , wind your neck in ....I have never once said I would celebrate any team closing,  believe me I know how bad it feels losing my club this season. Although your fellow tigers faithfuls on here had plenty of swipes at us closing last season .  I have never mentioned money either in my  replies so get your bee out of your bonnet :rolleyes: I have friends at Glasgow , a bit of banter hurts no-one , in fact this Forum is quite boring reading these days without us . I'm not consumed with any hatred, there is 5 Ex Comets riders in the Glasgow team this season whom I rate highly, 2 of them living only a couple of miles from me . I will tell you I didn't want you get the "Treble" this season but I really couldn't give a sh== whether you win anything else or whatever's left !

In reply your points:

1. "Jesus , wind your neck in"

No need to be so uncouth nor so immature in your language.  I made reasonable points, nothing else.

2. "....I have never once said I would celebrate any team closing,"

I did not say that you had.  I said that by your behaviour you give the impression that you would.

3.  "I have never mentioned money"

I did not mention yourself at all in that regard.

4.  "so get your bee out of your bonnet :rolleyes:  "

Again, no need to be so uncouth and immature.

5.  "a bit of banter hurts no-one"

Your posts are not banter as you errantly call it, they are spiteful, vindictive, uncouth, and immature

6.  "I really couldn't give a sh== "

7.  "whether you win anything else"

Who are "you".  I never mentioned any team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

In reply your points:

1. "Jesus , wind your neck in"

No need to be so uncouth nor so immature in your language.  I made reasonable points, nothing else.

2. "....I have never once said I would celebrate any team closing,"

I did not say that you had.  I said that by your behaviour you give the impression that you would.

3.  "I have never mentioned money"

I did not mention yourself at all in that regard.

4.  "so get your bee out of your bonnet :rolleyes:  "

5.  "a bit of banter hurts no-one"

Your posts are not banter as you errantly call it, they are spiteful, vindictive, uncouth, and immature

6.  "I really couldn't give a sh== "

7.  "whether you win anything else"

Who are "you".  I never mentioned any team.

You really need to get out more :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Taylorj said:

You really need to get out more :rolleyes:

This is what would be termed "a non-response".  Reasonable points were made and you obviously either agree with them or cannot deny them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

Two sides to every story.  The one I heard was that Havelock "milked" it and demanded more money for a rider that wanted to leave and not be part of his team anyway.

You say "in the main it hasn't worked".  What exactly hasn't worked.  The stadium has been overhauled with better facilities and better track.  The league position has also generally been higher than previously and the team competitive.  And the past few seasons have brought financial stability.

By any standards that's a massive improvement.  So in the main it has worked.

The changing of personnel - there will always be a high turnover of riders in speedway so long as averages dictate team building, whereby those perceived to be on a falling average are ditched and those on a rising average are hired.

They’ve ran at a substantial loss every season. Luckily they have that much money it doesn’t matter so much.

aye , its a boring forum without us lot frae the north ..

but dare not speak about anything that is topical on here in case the brown stuff hits the fan .. UTB .

• Like 1