British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Prem. 8th July 2019 BT Sports.

On 7/6/2019 at 10:44 PM, lisa-colette said:

So you are basically saying Poole gave Swindon the title. Do the Swindon riders agree with you? Not sure Hans would go along with that idea! 

I mean if it was said about 2010 then you would kind of have a point. But 2012? Clutching at straws with that one! 

I am basically saying that Poole choked which is the comment I was replying to.  I’m not really bothered you don’t agree and it looks like you have offered up another year where Poole choked!

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t think anyone can serious read anything into a Poole defeat tonight with the team we have put out. It’s a shame we are not competitive tonight as it’s on tv but we have had some rotten luck with injuries.

Strange choices of guests in my opinion, Kasper Andersen rode yesterday for Redcar surely a better choice than Kyle Newman and Summers only got one point last time he rode there! 

This should be a comfortable home win but we aren’t very good this season (although decent at home) and as we know gating is vital at Lynn nowadays so if Poole’s guests can make a few starts they could go home with something. Their engine room are both riding as well as anyone in the UK right now and Holder likes Lynn so they could make it uncomfortable for the Stars with some sharp starts. We have vulnerabilities in our line up but whatever happens three points are a must. Would take 46-44 and some good racing. 

23 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I am basically saying that Poole choked which is the comment I was replying to.  I’m not really bothered you don’t agree and it looks like you have offered up another year where Poole choked!

Whether you think its choking or not our record in the playoffs is pretty good most would say. Sometimes bad luck or injuries happen like last year. 

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t think anyone can serious read anything into a Poole defeat tonight with the team we have put out. It’s a shame we are not competitive tonight as it’s on tv but we have had some rotten luck with injuries.

Track full of holes - rotten luck?

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Strange choices of guests in my opinion, Kasper Andersen rode yesterday for Redcar surely a better choice than Kyle Newman and Summers only got one point last time he rode there! 

Kasper was sacked mainly due to his inability to score point at home over two seasons so he wouldn’t have been a good choice IMO. 

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s a shame we are not competitive tonight as it’s on tv but we have had some rotten luck with injuries.

Ditto Wolves, ditto Swindon (Zack and Lampart giving up), Ipswich (Allen).

I think the Poole fans on here are failing to factor in ‘The Middlo Impact’.  I have heard Pirates fans describe him as the best Manager in The League. 

Have to believe this guy will motivate his team into a performance, if as suggested he really is the Messiah, or is he just a very naughty boy ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

perhaps money is tight  lets be honest if we get any where near a point it would be a bonus 

Classic Poole, the guests make us weaker blah blah, if you lose just accept it.

16 minutes ago, semion said:

I think the Poole fans on here are failing to factor in ‘The Middlo Impact’.  I have heard Pirates fans describe him as the best Manager in The League. 

Have to believe this guy will motivate his team into a performance, if as suggested he really is the Messiah, or is he just a very naughty boy ?

Nobody can make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Not even Middlo. Where are we going to get Brady’s points from? He rides Saddlebow very well. With all due respect Summers and Newman are not likely to trouble the home team. Wells is clearly fighting to be noticed for a team place and he should score a few, though doesn’t have anywhere near the scoring potential of Covatti. We have 4 out of our 7 missing. Easy points for Lynn tonight.

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nobody can make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Not even Middlo. Where are we going to get Brady’s points from? He rides Saddlebow very well. With all due respect Summers and Newman are not likely to trouble the home team. Wells is clearly fighting to be noticed for a team place and he should score a few, though doesn’t have anywhere near the scoring potential of Covatti. We have 4 out of our 7 missing. Easy points for Lynn tonight.

in form riders like josh jack and Nicolai its the rest of the team to worry about :t:

Poole are the only team in the league with injuries bless them

Lynn have had to cope without Riss

Wolves had no Thorsell and Morris

Swindon have had to cope without Musielek and Zach quitting

Peterborough with Hans and BWD

And us at Ipswich lost a top scoring reserve in Allen..........His replacements have managed only 11 in the 5 meetings he was missing and we picked up points in all of them...we also lost KP to

The way some Poole fans bemoan injuries is a joke.......in the last few meetings the Poole guests and R/R have made Poole stronger but only the blinkered cant see that

In this meeting Poole are certainly weaker no doubt about it

But at Ipswich our team spirit got us points when we lost a rider for 5 meetings and against all odds we did well..............either Middlo is a good manager or he isnt........

To be fair Poole do have four riders out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Poole are the only team in the league with injuries bless them

Lynn have had to cope without Riss

Wolves had no Thorsell and Morris

Swindon have had to cope without Musielek and Zach quitting

Peterborough with Hans and BWD

And us at Ipswich lost a top scoring reserve in Allen..........His replacements have managed only 11 in the 5 meetings he was missing and we picked up points in all of them...we also lost KP to

The way some Poole fans bemoan injuries is a joke.......in the last few meetings the Poole guests and R/R have made Poole stronger but only the blinkered cant see that

In this meeting Poole are certainly weaker no doubt about it

But at Ipswich our team spirit got us points when we lost a rider for 5 meetings and against all odds we did well..............either Middlo is a good manager or he isnt........

how many teams have had four riders out at one time with injuries and illness just one us .not ideal but that's the way it is