British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ipswich v Poole Prem. 11/6/19

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Ok well maybe he's guesting for Covatti and Doolan is guesting for NBJ Doesn’t matter they are both reserves. 

When I say quoted, I mean by a BV fan!! :D You are prob right as Wells is listed at 7. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ipswich will win with ease but I think they are overrated. When it comes down to the playoffs they will be found wanting. Just my opinion of course and others may disagree which is their right.

Well i think they will be a force to reckon with in the playoffs. They are very solid, like they don't have a Doyle or a Fricke but they do have riders who have really improved this season. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ipswich will win with ease but I think they are overrated. When it comes down to the playoffs they will be found wanting. Just my opinion of course and others may disagree which is their right.

More than happy for anyone to continue to write off our chances - takes the pressure off.

Will make it all the sweeter if we manage to pull off a surprise and reduce the disappointment if we dont :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

More than happy for anyone to continue to write off our chances - takes the pressure off.

Will make it all the sweeter if we manage to pull off a surprise and reduce the disappointment if we dont :)

I assure you it never reduces the disappointment. 

• Haha 1

Some of the team have been riding above themselves which has been impressive. But it won’t last in my opinion. They will make the playoffs with ease, like Poole, even with our injury crisis. You could even win next week at Wimborne Road as we are vulnerable at the moment. But I don’t see Ipswich as champions.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

When I say quoted, I mean by a BV fan!! :D You are prob right as Wells is listed at 7. 

You don't have to have to lowest average reserve riding at 7. Having Newman at 2 is strange but i think it doesn't matter as long as the average is lower than the rider he is replacing. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Some of the team have been riding above themselves which has been impressive. But it won’t last in my opinion. They will make the playoffs with ease, like Poole, even with our injury crisis. You could even win next week at Wimborne Road as we are vulnerable at the moment. But I don’t see Ipswich as champions.

If Swindon could somehow get a decent reserve they would have the best team. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

The unsolvable conundrum it would seem.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Let's hope Vissing is the answer because we are running out of riders to try!! We will be giving your famous 15 of 2018 a run for its money soon!!

• Like 2

Totally peed off with the Poole promotion constantly tell us they can’t find any riders to sign as either injury replacements or permanent replacements, yet 5 of the other Premiership teams have had no trouble finding riders, some of them have made changes 2 or 3 times....It really is total and utter BS from Poole as always.

Also, why can they not say what injuries a rider has sustained??....They were still telling us that Worrall and Covatti were still awaiting the result of scans two or three days after it was posted on social media that Worrall had broken his ankle and Covatti had broken ribs!!!! We were only informed in yesterday’s (Tuesday) Echo that Kurtz had a head injury, ONE WHOLE WEEK after his crash in Sweden.....It really is pathetic how they treat the supporters.......:mad::mad::mad:

14 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Let's hope Vissing is the answer because we are running out of riders to try!! We will be giving your famous 15 of 2018 a run for its money soon!!

Can’t see Vissing being the answer but you have by my calculations 4.54 to play with so you could maybe get a new rider. 

Edited by foreverblue

4 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Totally peed off with the Poole promotion constantly tell us they can’t find any riders to sign as either injury replacements or permanent replacements, yet 5 of the other Premiership teams have had no trouble finding riders, some of them have made changes 2 or 3 times....It really is total and utter BS from Poole as always.

Also, why can they not say what injuries a rider has sustained??....They were still telling us that Worrall and Covatti were still awaiting the result of scans two or three days after it was posted on social media that Worrall had broken his ankle and Covatti had broken ribs!!!! We were only informed in yesterday’s (Tuesday) Echo that Kurtz had a head injury, ONE WHOLE WEEK after his crash in Sweden.....It really is pathetic how they treat the supporters.......:mad::mad::mad:

They do like their secrets! I guess maybe we are going to have r/r for Richie til the end of season. Covatti and Brady back next week hopefully? So prob use a guest til NBJ comes back. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They do like their secrets! I guess maybe we are going to have r/r for Richie til the end of season. Covatti and Brady back next week hopefully? So prob use a guest til NBJ comes back. 

They may be hoping Richie is back for the playoffs or waiting for Bellego to drop his average enough. 

3 hours ago, mj82 said:

should be a comfortable away win for this poole team. 

Nurse nurse,,,,, I think I've missed my medication

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can’t see Vissing being the answer but you have by my calculations 4.54 to play with so you could maybe get a new rider. 

I make it 5.22.

Edited by tellboy