British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

Just listening to those comments by Tai in the studio, am I right in thinking he doesn't have a lot of time for Rosco as Team GB manager?   

To be fair, everything Tai said made sense to me, and everything Rosco says just sounds utter ridiculous. in fact Rosco seems to have a chip on his shoulders about people (assume he means us fans) moaning.   The reason he gave for not taking Bewley made no sense at all.  

Moving forward for next year, Rosco is not the main to drive Team GB forward, that's clear for us all to see. Tai had a lot of good ideas for the future and we would be stupid to ignore him. So is there any reason why even if he is riding Tai could not have a big say on rider selection with Peter Adams there to manage on the day (they seem to get on well and work together well).

• Like 3

GB won't have any choice other then to Use Bewley next year. He's the Only decent under21 unless someone comes out of nowhere. Lambert will be 22 next year so i'm guessing if the format stays the same it will be Tai, Rob and Dan next year.

Tai (Rider Manager), Lambert and Bewley. 

Need to do more training camps, test meetings, push the young riders, make them feel wanted and make them want to succeed at the highest level.

• Like 2

We've been awful over the weekend, grated the crash didn't help things, but even so, to get beaten up so easily by Germany is shocking to be honest. Cookie had a go and I know hes maybe not 100% but his track craft tonight was poor.

I agree with Tai having more say on team picks though, hes the only one with any enthusiasm right now, and yet many seem to dislike him for it.....and GB (or England) fans in the main

Get rid of Rosco .Make Woffy player manager .

Let's be fair here - if Woffinden gives them an ultimatum of him or Rossiter, then any longer than 0.01 seconds thinking about it is wasted time.

• Like 4

If Rosco is there next season you get the feeling Tai wont be

1 hour ago, Debbs said:

Get rid of Rosco .Make Woffy player manager .

I think Scott Nichols would do a decent job as a GB TM, and is both young and experienced enough to work with the likes of TW, RL and DB. As a current rider he’s also riding with and against some of the younger riders in the British circuit and would possibly spot talent for the future.

Edited by Aviator
  • Like 3

Never had much time for Tai Woffinden but have warmed to him this year. Used to shoot his mouth off but now his comments are measured and well thought out and make sense. Rossiter has had his day although GBs chances went up the Thames without a paddle after their first race.

When interviewed Rossiter should have been able to inform viewers the extent of Cook’s and Lambert’s injuries instead of smirking and going on about Janowski failing to score. He is the team manager !!! If he didn’t think Dan Bewley was fit enough to be considered for Russia he shouldn’t have been in the squad in the first place. Harris answered the call but clearly had had his day at this level.

I do agree with Woffinden that GB riders who wish to succeed on the world stage need to be riding in mainland Europe.

Would like to see David Howe in GB set up.

• Like 1

If any of the old guard are there next season after this s##t show, I’ll bank on tai not being.

The lot of em just need to do one. Start again from the ground. Lambert is 22 but more senior now, he will take care of himself, Dan not a million miles away.

Let Tai be rider/coach and give him Bickley/Flint/Palin/Thomson twins and whoever else is on the horizon and let him do his thing.

Will take a few years, potentially 5, but he will have us competitive and winning trophies by the end of it.

That means Cook, Bomber, and the rest of the journey men, thanks for coming.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Let's be fair here - if Woffinden gives them an ultimatum of him or Rossiter, then any longer than 0.01 seconds thinking about it is wasted time.

Think that happened the year Woffy didn't ride

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Think that happened the year Woffy didn't ride

Under a different regime and this is what concerns me so much here after a positive start for the new ones. Tai has stood back and met them half way with Rosco because it wasn’t the BSPA, but he’s now been vindicated for that 50% and should be heard at this point.

After such a short tenure this could go ** up if they start operating like the BSPA did and not listening to a triple British world champion. Take the advice, no matter what becomes of the jolly’s boys outing, because Rossiter, and the tripe we have took there to ride the bikes, that’s all it is. 

The other part is that the current crop of riders are too reliant on the uk. Chapman seen his arse with Woffinden and the moment some of these kids start supporting tai they are going to find it hard to cut there teeth in the uk. It’s jobs for the boys and they have to be careful what they say and who they speak to.

Tai should put together a consortium and just buy the whole shop. The British league, team GB the who shebang. 

I would offer the job of GB team manager to Scott Nicholls if he wanted it. Highly respected by his peers, still in touch with modern speedway and still has enthusiasm to win. 

• Like 2