British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Monday 9th September (Not on TV)

55 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

No it's pretty shoddy by Lambert TBH. 

Maybe Lambert did have a genuine reason for missing the flight such as a security delay (Maybe).

It could be that he then  decided the better of the 2 evils was to go home to Germany where he would be better positioned to get to the U21 Final rather then come into UK on another flight today (if possible even) and then fly out again for the U21 meeting in Germany.

It's just the way it reads this late doesn't look to clever considering his geographical location to home in Germany from DK (where many can normally drive the distance) and where he is then better based to reach the U21 meeting. That's on top of seeing his girlfriend which another no doubt big bonus ;-)

Why was he in Denmark last night? He wasn't listed as riding anywhere. Anyway a fine for the rider and club rather than any ban is apparently what will now happen. Incidentally heard this evening that the rearranged Stars v  Pirates next Thursday will only take place then if top spot has not been settled. Otherwise it will be deferred to October along with the outstanding Poole v KL Supporters Cup meeting.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Why was he in Denmark last night? He wasn't listed as riding anywhere. Anyway a fine for the rider and club rather than any ban is apparently what will now happen. Incidentally heard this evening that the rearranged Stars v  Pirates next Thursday will only take place then if top spot has not been settled. Otherwise it will be deferred to October along with the outstanding Poole v KL Supporters Cup meeting.

Wolves v Peterborough in the Mickey Mouse cup is outstanding too.

Has anybody heard whether a date has been set for the staging of the home meeting wit Poole, that was called off on Monday please? 

27 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Has anybody heard whether a date has been set for the staging of the home meeting wit Poole, that was called off on Monday please? 

I've just been told it's next Thursday.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I've just been told it's next Thursday.

See my post above - straight from the Poole office last night. Its Thursday 19th but only if the top spot still needs to be resolved after Monday's fixtures. Otherwise if there is nothing riding on it (sic) it'll be deferred til after the play-offs.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

See my post above - straight from the Poole office last night. Its Thursday 19th but only if the top spot still needs to be resolved after Monday's fixtures. Otherwise if there is nothing riding on it (sic) it'll be deferred til after the play-offs.

Should be done before the play-offs in my opinion.If they can do it on Thursday to determine who finishes top or not,they can do it if nothing is riding on it.

59 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Should be done before the play-offs in my opinion.If they can do it on Thursday to determine who finishes top or not,they can do it if nothing is riding on it.

My feelings exactly but MF reckoned Buster wasn't too keen?! MF happy not to rock the boat as Poole still have the outstanding (but 100% meaningless)Supporters Cup meeting to stage.

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Completely agree Tellboy.

If it's staged next Thursday, even though it doesn't affect the play-off's then some sort of a crowd will attend, but if it's left until October after the play-offs, hardly anybody will turn up, there will be no point.

• Like 1