British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And your a track expert are you ? Hmm. Not.

Shut up you fool i have eyes same as everyone else

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

It wasnt as easy as the score would suggest correct

Perhaps you could tell Mr Shovlar that as he thought it should have been a rout.

Some Ipswich riders were definately riding within themselves namely Iversen

Pooles reserves did ok last night but our reserves arent that great and i would think Wolves 6/7 would destroy Pooles

Your post seems to suggest that only 'some Ipswich riders' were definitely riding within themselves?  I would venture to suggest that so were at least a couple of Poole riders.

Steve Shovlar has his own opinion, as do I and clearly you. His and mine are all just opinions based on being there. Yours is based in a TV version of the meeting that cannot be forced on others just because one person thinks its right. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Niels hasnt ridden at Poole this season and was openly critical of the track last season. He looked fast but didnt put himself in any position where the track could have caught him out.

Its a bit daft to think riders will ride within themselves in the play offs............does that mean nobody is giving 100%

The track last night was shocking and bordering dangerous.......the match meant nothing .....the Cardiff GP is at the weekend.....3 good reason for Iversen not to put it all on the line

That was one of the reasons yes

I disagree, with the injuries Niels has had, I very much doubt he would put it all on the line for Ipswich, a club he has no affinity with. If he was with his parent club or had been riding all season over here then maybe he would feel differently ,you have to ask yourself would you put everything on the line with the possibility of spending the winter in plaster.

Just now, foreverblue said:

I disagree, with the injuries Niels has had, I very much doubt he would put it all on the line for Ipswich, a club he has no affinity with. If he was with his parent club or had been riding all season over here then maybe he would feel differently ,you have to ask yourself would you put everything on the line with the possibility of spending the winter in plaster.

Then surely thats the same for all riders.........Kurtz has had injuries this season as well so why would he or any other rider want to spend the winter in plaster

I think you will see a different Niels come the play offs...........why do it on a poorly prepared track, nothing to gain , and with a GP coming up, a GP that is the pinnacle of the GP season and one he has won before.

Last night was all about him getting set ups right for next time...

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Then surely thats the same for all riders.........Kurtz has had injuries this season as well so why would he or any other rider want to spend the winter in plaster

I think you will see a different Niels come the play offs...........why do it on a poorly prepared track, nothing to gain , and with a GP coming up, a GP that is the pinnacle of the GP season and one he has won before.

Last night was all about him getting set ups right for next time...

I think there were a few riders that were looking after themselves, can't believe Niels doesn't know the set up for any track however it is prepared by now.

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Your post seems to suggest that only 'some Ipswich riders' were definitely riding within themselves?  I would venture to suggest that so were at least a couple of Poole riders.

Steve Shovlar has his own opinion, as do I and clearly you. His and mine are all just opinions based on being there. Yours is based in a TV version of the meeting that cannot be forced on others just because one person thinks its right. 

Riders like Kurtz and Holder probably were as well as they were obviously struggling with the track.....i never once said 'only' Ipswich riders were.

Yours and Shovlars opinions were different completely from each other which is strange as you were both there......i agree with yours which is no surprise because Shovlar spouts crap every time

But yes i did watch on TV and you do get maybe to see a lot more especially slow motion replays....i though Josh knocked Iversen off but he didnt once we saw the replay....if i was there at the track i would have moaned about Niels exclusion and i would be wrong............

Me and you are in agreement about last night.....the forum troll, the village idiot and the strange thing that Lisa has become funnily enough have differing views

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I think there were a few riders that were looking after themselves, can't believe Niels doesn't know the set up for any track however it is prepared by now.

Yep there probably was , Harris and Iversen and probably Holder and Kurtz to

Of course sometimes riders need a race or tow to get set ups right.happens at every level

Niels has even said he was looking at exploring different lines in his races

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yep there probably was , Harris and Iversen and probably Holder and Kurtz to

Of course sometimes riders need a race or tow to get set ups right.happens at every level

Niels has even said he was looking at exploring different lines in his races

Hopefully the track will be totally different next time.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Hopefully they'll have more time to work on it next Monday?!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What smooth you mean ?

Does Gavan go out of his way to spew utter guff? Post after post of it all saying the same ad nauseous. 

Has mentioned me in about every post! The bloke needs help!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, semion said:

What smooth you mean ?

Definitely not!!!  In what other walk of life would you prefer smooth over a bit of bump and grind for excitement?;)

NB. If by some quirk of fate and a good performance Poole do finish top, does that make Poole better than Swindon or Wolves/  Just asking......?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Definitely not!!!  In what other walk of life would you prefer smooth over a bit of bump and grind for excitement?;)

NB. If by some quirk of fate and a good performance Poole do finish top, does that make Poole better than Swindon or Wolves/  Just asking......?

If Poole finish top, then over the course they will have been the best. Unfortunately that not guarantee any trophy.