Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

If C. Holder average is 7.16(which I think it is) then I would 100% take him next season 

Would he be eligible for the required visas.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He goes awol under pressure at the end of meetings and rarely bothers to pass. Just sits in 4th poodling around.

All those times over the last couple of season ive been saying Brady isnt improving and goes missing when the pressure is on........only to be told by you and other Poole fans that im talking rubbish.......ooops seems i was right all along

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poole should start with Josh, Klindt and Covatti, but try and keep Nico at reserve

I think Harris will be back as he loves the moto x track there and certainly cant ride ours

Im bemused with the fascination of Chris Holder but thats up to Poole fans.past his best and if signed as a number two could do a good job.

Its like us wanting Scott back and thinking he should be a top heat leader.....sign them for what they are...........Holder wouldnt average anymore than his brother or Kurtz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole should start with Josh, Klindt and Covatti, but try and keep Nico at reserve

I think Harris will be back as he loves the moto x track there and certainly cant ride ours

Im bemused with the fascination of Chris Holder but thats up to Poole fans.past his best and if signed as a number two could do a good job.

Its like us wanting Scott back and thinking he should be a top heat leader.....sign them for what they are...........Holder wouldnt average anymore than his brother or Kurtz

Think he's a bit better than Scott!! Poland still have Chris in their top league this season just finished, did they not? 

Okay than Gavan, if Chris Holder is the no2 rider, who would you have as the no1 considering a lot of top riders don't want to know! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Would he be eligible for the required visas.....

I was told that's all fine now, but how true that is idk.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole should start with Josh, Klindt and Covatti, but try and keep Nico at reserve

I think Harris will be back as he loves the moto x track there and certainly cant ride ours

Im bemused with the fascination of Chris Holder but thats up to Poole fans.past his best and if signed as a number two could do a good job.

Its like us wanting Scott back and thinking he should be a top heat leader.....sign them for what they are...........Holder wouldnt average anymore than his brother or Kurtz

I think Hans Andersen could be an interesting option if he is a Poole asset. 

He started on a GSA of 7.56 and finished with what seems a crazy low of 5.79 having never really recovered from the bad crash and concussion which in effect wiped nearly 2 points of his av. Now we know a fully fit Hans is worth maybe up to 2 points more even if he is not the rider he once was. A very interesting perhaps false av for team building for sure.

I can't see Poole dropping both Kurt & Holder jr irrespective of whether Holder Sr returns or not. However Chris returning could play some part in which of the two is loaned out maybe.

Harris is another who has maybe dropped to a more attractive GSA of 6.16. Only reason Ford probably didn't sign him this season was because he shot up to 7.59 for season start. Again maybe worth more if one factors in he probably rides Poole (in any condition) better than most and also better than he rides Ipswich which helped drag his GSA down.

Never been a big Worrall fan personally unless she was at reserve. His 5.22 GSA at least 0.26 lower than his starting which maybe reflective of at best that is his level.

Would like to see Douglas who has improved and still sits on 4.66 final GSA. Shame a bit as his previous 4.26 really was a bargain. Still would be a VERY good reserve imo.

One name I would like to throw in at reserve is young Aussie Jordan Stewart. Only turn 21 mid Nov and in his second UK season with Redcar. Currently on a Champ GRA of 5.74. Would that be calculated down for 2020 in Prem or does he get punished being an Aussie ??. I think he is improving and one to build on for the future if they can squeeze him into a reserve slot on a low GSA as think there is potential plus frees up some points further up the team.

Maybe and ultimately a lot may come down to what money Ford will have available as he may be forced to use assets mainly anyway to save cost. That I suppose brings riders such as Wright into the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure Hans is still a Poole asset, but he might still be annoyed he wasn't in the 2018 team. So he might stick with Peterborough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Poole should start with Josh, Klindt and Covatti, but try and keep Nico at reserve

I think Harris will be back as he loves the moto x track there and certainly cant ride ours

Im bemused with the fascination of Chris Holder but thats up to Poole fans.past his best and if signed as a number two could do a good job.

Its like us wanting Scott back and thinking he should be a top heat leader.....sign them for what they are...........Holder wouldnt average anymore than his brother or Kurtz

Good. Ideal for a second string. That'll mean he'll probably be good for 2021 too!! But he has got to get his visa first.

Also why wouldn't Somerset want to keep Bomber if they are stepping up again?

Poole will only have first choice of their assets.

Edited by Skidder1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavan said:

All those times over the last couple of season ive been saying Brady isnt improving and goes missing when the pressure is on........only to be told by you and other Poole fans that im talking rubbish.......ooops seems i was right all along

He didn't go missing on Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

C. Holder 

Josh G

Hans A

Klindt

C. Harris 

Douglas

Nielsen 

Won't be the team but this team fits under the 42.5 points they had last season. And on the averages the riders were last given. 

I'd pay to watch that side! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Hans Andersen could be an interesting option if he is a Poole asset. 

He started on a GSA of 7.56 and finished with what seems a crazy low of 5.79 having never really recovered from the bad crash and concussion which in effect wiped nearly 2 points of his av. Now we know a fully fit Hans is worth maybe up to 2 points more even if he is not the rider he once was. A very interesting perhaps false av for team building for sure.

I can't see Poole dropping both Kurt & Holder jr irrespective of whether Holder Sr returns or not. However Chris returning could play some part in which of the two is loaned out maybe.

Harris is another who has maybe dropped to a more attractive GSA of 6.16. Only reason Ford probably didn't sign him this season was because he shot up to 7.59 for season start. Again maybe worth more if one factors in he probably rides Poole (in any condition) better than most and also better than he rides Ipswich which helped drag his GSA down.

Never been a big Worrall fan personally unless she was at reserve. His 5.22 GSA at least 0.26 lower than his starting which maybe reflective of at best that is his level.

Would like to see Douglas who has improved and still sits on 4.66 final GSA. Shame a bit as his previous 4.26 really was a bargain. Still would be a VERY good reserve imo.

One name I would like to throw in at reserve is young Aussie Jordan Stewart. Only turn 21 mid Nov and in his second UK season with Redcar. Currently on a Champ GRA of 5.74. Would that be calculated down for 2020 in Prem or does he get punished being an Aussie ??. I think he is improving and one to build on for the future if they can squeeze him into a reserve slot on a low GSA as think there is potential plus frees up some points further up the team.

Maybe and ultimately a lot may come down to what money Ford will have available as he may be forced to use assets mainly anyway to save cost. That I suppose brings riders such as Wright into the discussion.

Hans Andersen? You having a laugh? May as well sign Nicholls and Harris and be done with it then. There’s a reason why Hans, Harris and Nicholls have had poor seasons. Age has caught up with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Pretty sure Hans is still a Poole asset, but he might still be annoyed he wasn't in the 2018 team. So he might stick with Peterborough. 

Plus he loves the track at Peterborough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy