British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well they did draw at Swindon before, but then so did we! Lol. Seems Swindon just step up another level when needed! 

They didn’t draw here. We beat them with a 5-1 in heat 15

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is no excuse but to have such long gaps between finishing the league and the play offs with little or no racing in between and then have the rain affected conditions etc. ( rain being no one’s fault except the the organisation which is piss poor and down to the  BSPA having no back bone) will inevitably lead to poor meetings such as those witnessed over the last two nights. When will the powers that be recognise the fact that the season should run from May until August and the finals in September. Build teams with riders who can commit to that schedule. I feel sorry for the Wolves fans who have been badly let down but these circumstances could be avoided if only things were organised better. Having said that Swindon had a job to do and you can only race what is in front of you. Good luck to both teams next week and let’s hope for some close racing. Runaway meetings does nothing for the sport.

• Like 3

Kyle Howarth the only Wolf who can hold his head up high tonight, as can Luke Becker last night.

Other than that, one of the worst performances I've seen from a Wolves team in a big meeting in 30 years.

Edited by Rocket87

Expect exactly the same next week. An fairly easy win for Swindon at Ipswich followed by a 58-32 type scoreline next Thursday. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Very convincing win..can they lift the trophy in front of home fans next Thursday after two away legs celebrations previously in 2012 and 2017. Great trackwork by Dixie Dean and his team.

Edited by auntie doris

I think I preferred last night's show to tonight. Awful but well done Swindon -- the superior side. Hope the finals are worth watching (it couldn't get worse)

33 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

2 bike problems in 2 races for Morris. This is beyond unprofessional from Wolves. 

From where I was standing it looked like he just pooed his pants in heat 3 when Rasser challenged him!

My visits have been very rare this season but some good racing tonight & Ellis Perks deserved more than the point he scored.

• Like 1

Masters and Morris shouldn’t be anywhere near Wolves next season. Looks like Masters has stuck 2 fingers up to Wolves over the play offs since he nailed his colours to Edinburgh last week.

• Like 1

Vissing outscored 5 of the Wolves side. Says it all.

really, what was the point of coming into form to make the play offs to perform like this the past 2 nights.

A total waste of time. 

Not one rider can take any credit over the 2 legs. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

My visits have been very rare this season but some good racing tonight & Ellis Perks deserved more than the point he scored.

You can say that about Perks every week. 100% trier and never gets the points he deserves. Good for his average next year though!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well they did draw at Swindon before, but then so did we! Lol. Seems Swindon just step up another level when needed! 

Why are you still posting ..your team went out ages ago ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well done Swindon. Is it over yet? I switched it off after heat 5.