British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

6 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Delighted to see the owners are signing a long term lease with the council.

Shows their resolve in running the club long term

Thank you so much

That is good news, and regardless of the figure's in losses the council trust these owners to finally get it right. Whether it takes 2 or 20 years the council are showing their faith. 

Just wish every council up and down the country would do the same hey

:t::t::t:

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

we have never had any home track advantage at NSS and never will  !!with it being one of the fairest racing tracks in europe but all our riders are racers anyone can beat anyone !! steve showed doyle the way home at the NSS last season so anything is possible i see Aces/Sheffield/Swindon in play/offs with wolves more than likely the other !!

Tell you something Geoff , Hyde Rd was my favourite track ever i  loved it there the track you have week in week out now is superb.It has to be in the top five or six racing tracks in the world( it would be in my top 4.)

22 minutes ago, acef said:

Only question mark in the BV team is Peter. Everyone else will add points.

Depending which Peter we get, and if it's the good version, then we will comfortably make the play offs this time.

You will get in the playoffs  Ace  i still think you will be minus a point or so with no Max but in Kurtz, Bewley,   Lidsey(who will be world class) real improvement in the side.Kildemand i saw at Swindon great value mega entertainment has he regressed? don't know if back to normal great value and can score points away.

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

think we will put up a better performance at the Abbey next season kurtz /kilidmand/bewley all ride it well also think we have better reserves to make it a close run thing ? not sure how charles wright has rode their in the past ??

2 hours ago, acef said:

Agree. Charles has done ok there, nothing major 

Yeah I guess he did ok last year against the champions on their own track? 16+2 and 7. He goes better round Swindon than most :t:

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

.Kildemand i saw at Swindon great value mega entertainment has he regressed?

don't know if back to normal great value and can score points away.

Keep up, Sidney, PK was a bit “Ricky Wells” this year.  :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wtf said:

Yeah I guess he did ok last year against the champions on their own track? 16+2 and 7. He goes better round Swindon than most :t:

Thanks for backing up my point.

The numbers show some extremity and like I said, he's done ok. Nothing major.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Tell you something Geoff , Hyde Rd was my favourite track ever i  loved it there the track you have week in week out now is superb.It has to be in the top five or six racing tracks in the world( it would be in my top 4.)

yes we are all chuffed to bits with the whole stadium & track and at the talk in last night it was all positive decent team new sponsors rentruck /richard still with us new long term lease signed by new owners new caterers & alcohol as well so its all on the up FIM world under 21 round this year plus some more didn't say waht but my guess is SON 2 DAYS FINALS ? looking forward to a great season ironically its my 50th season of following the Aces :party:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

yes we are all chuffed to bits with the whole stadium & track and at the talk in last night it was all positive decent team new sponsors rentruck /richard still with us new long term lease signed by new owners new caterers & alcohol as well so its all on the up FIM world under 21 round this year plus some more didn't say waht but my guess is SON 2 DAYS FINALS ? looking forward to a great season ironically its my 50th season of following the Aces :party:

Its world u21 qualifier. 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Its world u21 qualifier. 

i have put world world under 21 phil ? Adrian mentioned another meeting but couldn't say anymore about it ? 

9 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

i have put world world under 21 phil ? Adrian mentioned another meeting but couldn't say anymore about it ? 

World u21 round made it sound like a proper u21 final. 

Yep. The other is the SON

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

World u21 round made it sound like a proper u21 final. 

Yep. The other is the SON

soz pal should have put qualifier i didn't lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, acef said:

They were never invincible for me, they made good changes at the right moment and that ultimately carried them through. Jensen being a gem of a capture. As a starting 3rd H/L I wouldn't be overly confident of him growing that average. If anything he will lose half to a point.

Combine that with the tail and as it currently stands BV have a stronger team. 

There is only 1 reason I back Swindon, and that is down purely to the changes they will make. I'll bet my bottom dollar that once Jensen starts to lose some points of that average alongside the last places Rowe will get (no disrespect to the kid), Toby will come back into that team putting Stewart at reserve who will also lose points of his average in the main body of that team at the start of the season.

Swindon react well and that is the simplicity of my thinking.

Just a quick edit:

Doyle

Ellis

Museliak

Jensen

Batchelor

Stewart 

Perks/Rowe (1 will go)

That is what they will look like half way through the season. Bet my mortgage 

Ill bet myn it isnt as musielak cant be re introduced where he was in team last yr.

And to quote someone re charles wright it was the bt meeting where he scored 18pts and had a tac sub ride so not to shabby round there lol 

7 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Ill bet myn it isnt as musielak cant be re introduced where he was in team last yr.

Does that rule exist?

Etheridge rode for BV in 2018 and wasn’t selected at the start of 2019 but came back into the side mid-season.

20 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Does that rule exist?

Etheridge rode for BV in 2018 and wasn’t selected at the start of 2019 but came back into the side mid-season.

Art 16.3.2 - requires Directors approval.

• Like 1

Just now, NeilWatson said:

Art 16.3.2 - requires Directors approval.

Is that the “you scratch my back” brigade?

All totally fair, unbiased and above board, of course.

Still, Bellego came back into the Swindon side too.