British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

5 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

According to the listing on Companies House he is a Director and PACE is still active.  If I was a Plymouth supporter I'd be getting worried. The following is what was on the Plymouth website in January

"The club have also announced Ian Jordan has moved away from his speedway role in order to focus on their PACE (Plymouth Arena Community Events) project aimed at ensuring the long-term security and stability of The Coliseum stadium and Plymouth Speedway."

Fingers crossed then! 

Just wondering has anyone had their refund recently?  Apparently there's a bit in the Speedway  Star about the riders still haven't been paid.  Perhaps it's about time Mr. Jordan came clean and told the truth but I suppose that's too much to ask.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Just wondering has anyone had their refund recently?  Apparently there's a bit in the Speedway  Star about the riders still haven't been paid.  Perhaps it's about time Mr. Jordan came clean and told the truth but I suppose that's too much to ask.

I personaly have not had anything back but I never expected too myself..

It would be nice to have a statement from Ian but only one man can do that

On an Eastie Facebook Group - It looks like nobody has received a refund and as JAKE KNIGHT wrote the riders have yet to of been paid so very little chance that a ticket refund is going to happen. Just a very sorry state of affairs unfortunately. Feel sorry for the riders if they have yet to of been paid. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:03 AM, hammer1969 said:

According to the listing on Companies House he is a Director and PACE is still active.  If I was a Plymouth supporter I'd be getting worried. The following is what was on the Plymouth website in January

"The club have also announced Ian Jordan has moved away from his speedway role in order to focus on their PACE (Plymouth Arena Community Events) project aimed at ensuring the long-term security and stability of The Coliseum stadium and Plymouth Speedway."

Suggest that Plymouth consider their options…..and the BSPL look very carefully at  Plymouth Speedway’s finances . Mr Jordan’s track record of bringing “security and stability” to his venture at Eastbourne has wrecked the club. Highlights the weak governance of the sport when he is still allowed to have any involvement with a speedway stadium. 
Can the riders not seek payment of unpaid invoices from his company through the courts ? 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:10 PM, Hackett said:

On an Eastie Facebook Group - It looks like nobody has received a refund and as JAKE KNIGHT wrote the riders have yet to of been paid so very little chance that a ticket refund is going to happen. Just a very sorry state of affairs unfortunately. Feel sorry for the riders if they have yet to of been paid. 

Its a dreadful state of affairs. Going forward if the club has any future at all it could put off any potential rider signing, albeit for a promotion that does pay .

4 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Its a dreadful state of affairs. Going forward if the club has any future at all it could put off any potential rider signing, albeit for a promotion that does pay .

No, it's more of a concern with supporters with season tickets and sponsors, both have been treated badly by Ian Jordan.

55 minutes ago, M.D said:

No, it's more of a concern with supporters with season tickets and sponsors, both have been treated badly by Ian Jordan.

Can't believe early on I ( and many others) were singing his praises on various things including the online booking etc. Feel a bit silly now. Just hope it doesn't totally finish the club off, going to need to be some really trustworthy promoters coming in ( hopefully) to get over this.

Edited by gazzac

10 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Can't believe early on I ( and many others) were singing his praises on various things including the online booking etc. Feel a bit silly now. Just hope it doesn't totally finish the club off, going to need to be some really trustworthy promoters coming in ( hopefully) to get over this.

I agree, I thought he was the person to take the club forward and not try to destroy it for his own gain.

Still, we move forward

Wouldn't feel too silly "gazzac" ..... Jordan's promotional ideas for online booking, setting out rules for entry and egress at the stadium for covid restrctions were sound, as was his pricing model for the NDL meetings bundled together as double headers.

BUT NOBODY knew the bad choices of rider payment deals he had agreed.........

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Wouldn't feel too silly "gazzac" ..... Jordan's promotional ideas for online booking, setting out rules for entry and egress at the stadium for covid restrctions were sound, as was his pricing model for the NDL meetings bundled together as double headers.

BUT NOBODY knew the bad choices of rider payment deals he had agreed.........

Does not matter old Bob what his rider payment deals were. Rumours riders are owed quite a fair few meetings. Ndl riders too. Then reading the Facebook postings people are owed money for Newcastle fixture that was rain off in May. Then various people owed sponsorship money for a new air fence they contributed.

Then there's all these lie Carol keeps coming up why no payments or refunds are being made.

Hopefully someone within the club can get to the bottom or a proper inquest where it all went or what Ian Jordan is upto and just where all the money is. 

You can have great promotional ideas etc and promises good deals. But even better when you choose not to pay the bills then go into the scenario the club and us loyal supporters finds ourselves in now.

Great to see Nathan and Jason doing the business for Mildenhall and winning the NL title, along with Tom mixing it with the big boys at BV. Ah what could have been, young locally developed riders the base of the next Dugard, Norris type of era, oh well not to be.

40 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Great to see Nathan and Jason doing the business for Mildenhall and winning the NL title, along with Tom mixing it with the big boys at BV. Ah what could have been, young locally developed riders the base of the next Dugard, Norris type of era, oh well not to be.

Yes, it will be a complete rebuild, Thanks Ian...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Hopefully someone within the club can get to the bottom or a proper inquest where it all went or what Ian Jordan is upto and just where all the money is.

This is the question, isn't it?  The stadium was rented on very favourable terms, many (most?) trackday staff were volunteers, we now know that riders and other bills weren't being paid, yet sponsorship, matchday and season ticket money seems to have disappeared without trace.  I doubt that we shall ever know the real truth, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Jordan's pension pot is looking rather healthier than it did 12 months ago.

Looking at the Speedway Star it would seem they have gone incommunicado . Drew Kemp has advised no rider has been paid and now the Jordans have gone underground. One un-named rider told Speedway Star he hasn't been paid. Jake Knight stated the very same on facebook and now Drew Kemp has said much the same in the Speedway Star.  Pretty p*ss-poor but nothing surprises me.