British Speedway Forum

Although he should be banned from driving if he can get from Ipswich stadium to stansted in half an hour..... more like an hour and twenty!

• Haha 3

Welcome Nic - has often been a thorn in the Witches side as a visitor

One of the most improved riders in the league over the past two seasons  - which will be the worry for many re how much more is to come particularly if he is at No1

For those that have been calling for a fast gating fast in front type of rider here he is!!

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Although he should be banned from driving if he can get from Ipswich stadium to stansted in half an hour..... more like an hour and twenty!

Ooh I don't know, I've done it in the past in just under and just over the hour from Felixstowe...and I'm a boring driver who sticks to the limits. Half an hour though is slightly too quick.....

• Like 2

Awsome addition to the witches team,,,, probably one of the most what's needed for the team type of signings in the last 20 years. 

Fantastic around Foxhall, and I can see him getting even better on his new home track,,,, as long as the curse of the witches number 1 jacket don't get him.   Does he already play golf? Or has he now gotta hit the local driving range

1 hour ago, therefused said:

think it shows how far the league has fallen in stature when Klindt is a number one. 

We all know that the top riders dont ride here but its not about who is your number one its about team building to a strength

Last year we had Harris as our number one............we made the play offs where as teams with a genuine number one didnt like Kings Lynn and Belle Vue

Its about balance and if Klindt starts at one then if the rest of the team is solid it wouldnt be an issue

For example what pair of signings would provide the most points....Iversen/Ayres............Klindt/Covatti

Good signing in my opinion, loved him at Poole, would be the first name I would pick, really came on in the last two seasons and very likable character, so good in the pits too, sure to be a great success at Ipswich.

• Like 1

to be fair with the amount of "top riders" then not many teams can really go the Swindon route anyway, so for me having two solid reserves who can take 7 riders each would be the best way forward, If Holder was available I would have dropped Klindt out of the side :)

23 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

to be fair with the amount of "top riders" then not many teams can really go the Swindon route anyway, so for me having two solid reserves who can take 7 riders each would be the best way forward, If Holder was available I would have dropped Klindt out of the side :)

So basically you are saying our team is going to be weaker than it needs to be

No 1 positions at Ipswich last year was a bit of a revolving door but it didn't turn at all shabby in the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Dont you expect/want both then......

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

A bit like, did Iversen and Sarj really score more points than KP and Kennett would have?

I think so yes, iversen won some races against opposing heat leaders that i don’t think any of the others would’ve done to get us over the line and into the playoffs and playoff final