British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

7 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Nick Morris has gone backwards. Why would you keep him over Nicol?

Nicole has potential to improve.

Because Morris is better now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Because Morris is better now.

Have to be careful though, sometimes riders don't come back again. So if Nicol is in Wolves future plans don't want him to get settled with another team.

2 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Nicole? Oh yeah Scherzinger the Pussycat Doll:rofl:

On 11/19/2021 at 3:55 PM, Pieman72 said:

I completely understand you have Wolves running through your body. They have managed to continue because the VS are/were very business orientated and the model they run depends on top class foreign spectacular riders drawing in healthy crowds. Unfortunately other tracks aren't run so business like and depend on lower attendances bringing in foreign riders has broken some of these tracks. We need other tracks to sustain the league on an affordable basis which means more local talent. Wolves can't race themselves and are victims of their own success. I remember Dan McCormick at Cradley Heath and Birmingham he had 7 riders capable of being No1 at any track end result they destroyed all opposition and started the decline of British Speedway.

So you are saying Wolves are run on a business like basis, but are blaming the Wolves management for the demise of British Speedway because other tracks aren't run as a business?  It seems to me that you do not have a clue what your own point is. By the way I think all of our riders last year were UK based i.e. no Swedes etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, noaksey said:

Nicol presumably.  What would that leave for a 7th rider if Worrall does replace Rory?

With a top 5 of Masters ,Morris, Douglas, Becker and Worrall that leaves you with 3.67 for your number 6 plus your rising star.

15 hours ago, Beowulf said:

So you are saying Wolves are run on a business like basis, but are blaming the Wolves management for the demise of British Speedway because other tracks aren't run as a business?  It seems to me that you do not have a clue what your own point is. By the way I think all of our riders last year were UK based i.e. no Swedes etc.

Wow a severe handbagging that's fine lads !! I said that Wolves are deploying a model of speedway that's perhaps unsustainable for the future. I really don't know perhaps you and you mates could tell me what can be done to stop tracks closing. Arguing about reserves is the last thing on my mind.

14 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

With a top 5 of Masters ,Morris, Douglas, Becker and Worrall that leaves you with 3.67 for your number 6 plus your rising star.

Thanks BV

Not much wiggle room there. 2 rising stars in effect then 

4 hours ago, 847084 said:

Leon Flint announced.

I was quite pleased with him last year. He hasn't quite got Monmore worked out yet, but that will come (have a word Mr Ermolenko !) and he was useful on the big away tracks.

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

I was quite pleased with him last year. He hasn't quite got Monmore worked out yet, but that will come (have a word Mr Ermolenko !) and he was useful on the big away tracks.

I'd imagine the new no 6 will be more of a homer than Flint....

4 hours ago, noaksey said:

I'd imagine the new no 6 will be more of a homer than Flint....

Would ash moris or max clegg fit at no 6.both wolves assets and know the track really well.?

On 11/20/2021 at 8:36 PM, KeirStarmerFan said:

According to Peter Adams in the Wolves programme all of Wolves top 6 (excluding RS) increased their starting average.