British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If it helps... Wells and Heeps signed elsewhere 

Yes I am led to believe the cut off is December 7th...

Barker.. gone Howarth... gone BWD... gone... all signed up for other clubs...

So as above BWD & Heeps signed for others... Wethers need to be quick or it could be back to Edinburgh...Ully gone Grondal possible... Clegg available and Phillips please no... Theo Pjiper  available. Greaves available and I like two eggs with my bacon...

So when anyone has a go at building a team (Dandelion) you have an idea of whose not available

Oh and missed out Simota and the Czech kid who Geordie Stancl knows as both were lined up for Plymouth I believe...

Oh and whatever happened to Manuel Hauzinger?

Have fun...

Regards 

THJ

BWD not on a ridiculously high average? Surprised someone’s taken him

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oh and missed out Simota and the Czech kid who Geordie Stancl knows as both were lined up for Plymouth I believe...

Have fun...

Regards 

THJ

Ondrej Smetana?

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Ondrej Smetana?

Ha-ha... shouldn't laugh really... think a had this once but the doctor gave me some cream to clear it up...

Honestly Steve I have no idea... but I will take your word for it...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If it helps... Wells and Heeps signed elsewhere 

Yes I am led to believe the cut off is December 7th...

Barker.. gone Howarth... gone BWD... gone... all signed up for other clubs...

So as above BWD & Heeps signed for others... Wethers need to be quick or it could be back to Edinburgh...Ully gone Grondal possible... Clegg available and Phillips please no... Theo Pjiper  available. Greaves available and I like two eggs with my bacon...

So when anyone has a go at building a team (Dandelion) you have an idea of whose not available

Have fun...

Regards 

THJ

Hardly seems worth bothering does it. Which is what I think you're saying in a roundabout way. Nevermind. There's always the National League. Only three other teams to have beaten us to signings there ;)

• Haha 1

If Newcastle went into the National League would enough people attend to make it viable and considering at present there are only 7 teams in that League with the

nearest being Belle Vue and would mean long hikes to Plymouth and the Isle of Wight and Sittingbourne.

Edited by scampispeedway
adding another track
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

BWD not on a ridiculously high average? Surprised someone’s taken him

Can't see Theo coming but would be good tho

Honestly 

What a fantastic signing by Sheffield... wonder if he fancies coming home on a double up... we could do with an out and out No 1...

Very rare I get envious but this gets close...

Regards

THJ 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

What a fantastic signing by Sheffield... wonder if he fancies coming home on a double up... we could do with an out and out No 1...

Regards

THJ 

Couldn't agree more, what a signing and Gr8 to have him back in British Speedway, just a shame its not with the Diamonds. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Regards

THJ 

Sadly his CL average would be way over 12

40 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Sadly his CL average would be way over 12

I know but it's nice to dream... lol

Regards 

THJ 

Although I doubt if there is anything in the rules for team building stopping you from building a team with a 13.5 point averaged rider... it would just screw the rest of your team up with a really weak lower end to accommodate a high averaged rider... wonder what his average will be.... 7.5 equals 12 and 8 comes out at 12.8... and 8.44 comes out at 13.5... so owt less than 7.5 to keep within the bounds of sensibility...

Jacob said he would ride for the Diamonds.

He just wants to be out racing in a team.

See who comes in with investment hopefully :neutral:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I know but it's nice to dream... lol

Regards 

THJ 

Although I doubt if there is anything in the rules for team building stopping you from building a team with a 13.5 point averaged rider... it would just screw the rest of your team up with a really weak lower end to accommodate a high averaged rider... wonder what his average will be.... 7.5 equals 12 and 8 comes out at 12.8... and 8.44 comes out at 13.5... so owt less than 7.5 to keep within the bounds of sensibility...

I didn't think you could have anyone over a 12 point average as it's actually impossible to reach when on an actual average.

13 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

If Newcastle went into the National League would enough people attend to make it viable and considering at present there are only 7 teams in that League with the

nearest being Belle Vue and would mean long hikes to Plymouth and the Isle of Wight and Sittingbourne.

In terms of viability it would only concern he home crowd as i suspect as many Plymouth fans would travel to Newcastle as vice versa. In terms of NL it depends how sensible promotions are as technically there are less potential team places for riders and therefore demands shouldn't be as high BUT there is often one side who scoops up the best available by putting together strong packages.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I didn't think you could have anyone over a 12 point average as it's actually impossible to reach when on an actual average.

As 'THJ' said, I don't believe there is a rule to prevent it, indeed in 2017 Kings Lynn and Swindon both started the season with riders over 12 - albeit with a 50 point limit.

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

As 'THJ' said, I don't believe there is a rule to prevent it, indeed in 2017 Kings Lynn and Swindon both started the season with riders over 12 - albeit with a 50 point limit.

Potentially it could stack up as a genuine business move especially if the rider is friends of the club and attracts more supporters than he takes away in points monies....i did say could.

• Like 1