British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is there anything left to set fire to? There don't seem much left. Such a shame

The main stand is still there as its going last apparently. Nothing a quick fire won't sort out.

10 hours ago, orion said:

No work no word or statement from the club or that  con man   Tomlinson .....You do wonder if anyone at the club really cares 

Don't think you can blame the club now TBF. They have made too many statements before and looked stupid. Tomlinson is a different matter though. Shouts his mouth off about saving speedway a few years ago but can't get a straight answer out of him when its bad news. Be interesting to see what BS he spouts when the housing planning permission comes in. 

39 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Don't think you can blame the club now TBF. They have made too many statements before and looked stupid. Tomlinson is a different matter though. Shouts his mouth off about saving speedway a few years ago but can't get a straight answer out of him when its bad news. Be interesting to see what BS he spouts when the housing planning permission comes in. 

Now blaming the club.mate.but they have to be more pro active and keep the pressure on and been seen to be caring ..imo they are not doing that You can't have months and months of complete silence .With you 100% on Tomlinson 

37 minutes ago, orion said:

Now blaming the club.mate.but they have to be more pro active and keep the pressure on and been seen to be caring ..imo they are not doing that You can't have months and months of complete silence .With you 100% on Tomlinson 

Yeah I know where you are coming from but I guess they are just sick of looking stupid when they release positive updates and nothing happens. Rosco even had that picture of him and Osborne together after planning permission was granted all those years ago!! Someone told me yesterday that water and electrics had been sorted but these can be used for housing as well. Will see if Tomlinson bothers to reply.

21 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

No further progress in the last month or so. The site was quickly made unusable for speedway but now its been flattened no one has been seen on site for months. I have asked Tomlinson via twitter if he has an update on why the work has stopped but as he only replies when its apparent good news I don't expect he will reply. No doubt the vandals will ruin the site soon enough, fire incoming.

The stadium is still in regular use for greyhounds several times a week and it is still the registered head office of G.I.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The stadium is still in regular use for greyhounds several times a week and it is still the registered head office of G.I.

Yeah its fine for greyhounds as the home straight area is plenty big enough to house the few who attend those meetings. Anyone who thinks speedway is coming back now is deluded.

• Like 1

No need for Greyhound racing to have spectators, they make there money from streaming to the shops and online, so no need for a nice plush stand and staff on minimum wages selling expensive warm beer and over priced fast food.

• Like 2

Has the possibility of another venue in the Swindon area been explored or is the Promotion leaving all its eggs in one basket in hope?

On 6/7/2022 at 9:09 AM, orion said:

I'd imagine that any "pressure" from the Robins on the stadium landlord is likely to be met with the threat of termination of the speedway lease.

Wait and see is the correct approach certainly in public anyway 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, noaksey said:

Wait and see is the correct approach certainly in public anyway 

Yea 7 years later I can see how well its working. Just how that plan worked at all the other so called Gaming int stadium projects.

1 hour ago, orion said:

Yea 7 years later I can see how well its working. Just how that plan worked at all the other so called Gaming int stadium projects.

Get that but at least something is moving now at the Abbey albeit at a snails pace. The speedway promotion going in all guns blazing will make zero positive difference to the outcome sadly 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Get that but at least something is moving now at the Abbey albeit at a snails pace. The speedway promotion going in all guns blazing will make zero positive difference to the outcome sadly 

You dont have to go  in all guns blazing ..But you  do have question  what going on keep in the public eye etc keep the pressure on . The biggest problem we got is  no one has the balls to say how it is . Are we going to let the club die without saying how it is  . Saying and doing nothing is playing right into there hands .

We all know what is coming . more made up delays so they can't run again next year . The club should ask  what the delay is now  and then  tell the public 

1 hour ago, orion said:

You dont have to go  in all guns blazing ..But you  do have question  what going on keep in the public eye etc keep the pressure on . The biggest problem we got is  no one has the balls to say how it is . Are we going to let the club die without saying how it is  . Saying and doing nothing is playing right into there hands .

We all know what is coming . more made up delays so they can't run again next year . The club should ask  what the delay is now  and then  tell the public 

Maybe the fans should camp out at the stadium with their 'Save Our Speedway' placards?! OR generate some protests of support for the Robins that the local media can get involved with?   Stir up the public fans reactions............

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe the fans should camp out at the stadium with their 'Save Our Speedway' placards?! OR generate some protests of support for the Robins that the local media can get involved with?   Stir up the public fans reactions............

The save our speedway campaign has been done 2 or 3 times already and according to Tomlinson he had saved it!! But now he's gone quiet. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

i don't think the passion is there for that sort of thing . Gaming are very good at that in the slow way they kill the club and take the fight out of people  . One of the worst things about the whole thing in all of  this in the local Newspaper ..They should and could of really put pressure and took Gaming to task but instead have just printed there lies and broken promises .