British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Good signing but I hope Rosco can find good riders at the bottom end or another Rassa

29 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Doyle 8.96

Batch 8.82

Ellis 6.49

Bellego 5.80

Morris 5.38

Perks 3.57

Nielsen 3.81 

Slightly above 42.50 (42.83) but I think there a few 2.5% reductions in that line up that will take it below 42.50

You could even include Alpen, in place of Bellego and sacrifice Nielsen for a 3.00 or low 3.00. 

Would Morris come back? I don’t know. He didn’t set the world on fire last year but I know he is capable of much better, used to be mustard at Swindon and clearly the early season injury affected him. Riding at 2 with Doyle would boost his confidence again as it has for young Adam. 

Not keen on that side cannot see that side winning the league.

Big mistake for me signing Troy, because

a) we need to drop four points from the team and he was the obvious start;

b) he’s not likely to improve on his average;

c) Rasmus is the likely victim despite averaging almost the same as Troy at home and saving us almost a point on team building in comparison;

d) Rasmus is the more likely to improve, especially away.

Troy’s average 8.75 (home 9.08, away 8.41)

Rasmus’ average 7.86 (home 9.04, away 6.54)

Rosco frequently makes the wrong call with team building and he’s done it again, although it’s possibly down to Batch being cheaper regarding flights.

Musielak is still on an attractive average and a must for me, so I hope he doesn’t join Rasmus in the cost cutter bin.

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Big mistake for me signing Troy, because

a) we need to drop four points from the team and he was the obvious start;

b) he’s not likely to improve on his average;

c) Rasmus is the likely victim despite averaging almost the same as Troy at home and saving us almost a point on team building in comparison;

d) Rasmus is the more likely to improve, especially away.

Troy’s average 8.75 (home 9.08, away 8.41)

Rasmus’ average 7.86 (home 9.04, away 6.54)

Rosco frequently makes the wrong call with team building and he’s done it again, although it’s possibly down to Batch being cheaper regarding flights.

Musielak is still on an attractive average and a must for me, so I hope he doesn’t join Rasmus in the cost cutter bin.

What a terrible post how many title's has Alun won?? 

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

What a terrible post how many title's has Alun won?? 

About four out of twenty?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Sedgy's converted champ average will be 3.12. Him & Perks at reserve perhaps.

I make it 3.25 unless he gets the 2.5% discount?

Nielsen should be on a converted 3 as although we signed him on 3.81 this year he didn’t complete a race in the PL.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I make it 3.25 unless he gets the 2.5% discount?

Nielsen should be on a converted 3 as although we signed him on 3.81 this year he didn’t complete a race in the PL.

I'll be honest I thought that the conversion rate was 60% of his champ average which finished at 5.2. 

Sadly someone who doesn’t deserve to be left out will be & although you know it’s coming it gets harder with each rider named.

How about a top 4 of doyle,batch,jensen and adam ellis how much would that leave for bottom 3,as tht top 4 will def win you enough races home and away. 

23 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Sedgy's converted champ average will be 3.12. Him & Perks at reserve perhaps.

Won't be able to go in on less that a 4 point average I believe

Happy with Doyley & Batch, as I said in a previous post I'd be happy with the top heavy and loyal route keeping those two + Jensen, Ellis & Perks.

IF it was a straight choice between Batchelor and Jensen, personally I'd see Troy as a safer bet on his average. Jensen was outstanding for us last season and turned our season around. He needs to be able to follow that up which I hope he can. Batch is consistent top end strength.

We have the top two riders in the league, so I'm not finding much to moan about yet :)

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DC2 said:

About four out of twenty?

God we had not seen a title winning  side since 1967 !!! you must be a hard man to please.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

How about a top 4 of doyle,batch,jensen and adam ellis how much would that leave for bottom 3,as tht top 4 will def win you enough races home and away. 

I would go with that with Perks as well with two others.