British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not really because if they are Polish U21 they can replace the 6 and 7 in case of injury.

Oh OK, fair enough. Still the lack of team riding in Poland is noticeable by its absence

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Oh OK, fair enough. Still the lack of team riding in Poland is noticeable by its absence

That’s because of the mega points money- they don’t want to risk dropping points trying to team ride costing them money !!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

That’s because of the mega points money- they don’t want to risk dropping points trying to team ride costing them money !!

Yes, I get that... maybe they've not heard of the expression of pointski's in the the pitski's :D

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I'm new to full time Polish Speedway this year and what has surprised me so much is that for a Sport that is so geared up to team work in Poland with the way they run it, with all the club staff, the team colours, the team merchandise, the team socials, the team practice etc. that all of that team work appears to be left at the pit gate in the majority of cases. Admittedly I only see what is fed to me on the TV coverage but I can't really see any team spirit in any of the teams with everybody concentrating on doing their own thing. Maybe that's what the riders have been told to do, maybe I have got it wrong. Are the riders under so much pressure to perform they've got to concentrate on themselves. Who knows, maybe Kolodziej asked to be taken out but if not I don't think he would have been taken out in any other league in the world. I thought similar in other matches where the scoreline has not been in doubt that why aren't they giving their No 8's a ride

Like you say hard say what’s going on Team wise ,but they certainly have Team talks frequently during the meeting and it looks like the riders HAVE to watch playback of their heat.Tactics seem strange at times,thought last night at 8 Pts up they would have put Kolodziez or Pawlicki in Ht 14 or even split Lidsey or Emil as they were their top guys on the night,as it happens Smektala done the business though.Were just armchair Team Managers though:D

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Like you say hard say what’s going on Team wise ,but they certainly have Team talks frequently during the meeting and it looks like the riders HAVE to watch playback of their heat.Tactics seem strange at times,thought last night at 8 Pts up they would have put Kolodziez or Pawlicki in Ht 14 or even split Lidsey or Emil as they were their top guys on the night,as it happens Smektala done the business though.Were just armchair Team Managers though:D

I think the top 2 scorers go in heat 15 and then the next 2 in heat 14 though they can be replaced by reserves or tactical subs (if 6 behind in the case of tact subs). So the team manager couldn't split up Emil & Lidsey

Watching the Polish coverage in the past they would put up the nominated riders and if substituted cover up the replaced rider with the name of the replacement.

27 minutes ago, severnsider said:

I think the top 2 scorers go in heat 15 and then the next 2 in heat 14 though they can be replaced by reserves or tactical subs (if 6 behind in the case of tact subs). So the team manager couldn't split up Emil & Lidsey

Watching the Polish coverage in the past they would put up the nominated riders and if substituted cover up the replaced rider with the name of the replacement.

Thanks ,hadn’t realised that.

Sunday`s teams 

Wroclaw v Czestochowa

Wroclaw

9 Janowski

10 Drabik

11 B Curzytek

12 Fricke

13 Woffinden

14 Chugunov

15 M Curzytek 

Czestochowa

1 Madsen

2 Przedpelski

3 lindgren

4 Holta

5 Doyle

6 Miskowiak

7 Swidnicki

Grudziadz v Zielona Gora

Grudziadz

9 Pedersen

10 Buczkowski

11 Bjerre

12 Prem Pawlicki

13 A laguta

14 Lotarski

15 Turowski

Zielona Gora

1 lindback

2 Vaculik

3 MJJ

4 Protasiewicz

5 Dudek

6 Krakowiak

7 Pawliczak

Edited by racers and royals

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Quite. That race for third when they're on the wrong end of a 5-1 is lucrative. Also, suppose a pair is holding second and third on a 3-3. If all four finish the third-placed gets the bonus. But, should the fourth-placed rider not finish the bonus isn't given, so it's best even on a 3-3 to make sure you get second, just in case. This is what happens when the points money becomes so large as in Poland. The ruthlessness adds edge to the racing but kills team riding. 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Bear in mind Smektala is in his first season in the seniors. The last riders to make such an impact in their debut season were the Pawlicki brothers and some guy called Zmarzlik....

1 minute ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Bear in mind Smektala is in his first season in the seniors. The last riders to make such an impact in their debut season were the Pawlicki brothers and some guy called Zmarzlik....

Drabik`s also doing ok.

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Drabik`s also doing ok.

I just edited my post to cover him. I'm not so impressed by Drabik yet.

Both haven't reached full consistency as yet and Smektala had a bad one at Wroclaw. Drabik started brightly with four wins in the opener and has posted some good scores along the way but seems rather more inconsistent. I'm sure both will rise to full star level. It's probably me but Drabik just hasn't caught my attention so much yet. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

11 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Smektala is a talent and having a good season,I was thinking Pawlicki or Kolodziez instead of Kubera (even though he was having a good night) in Ht 14.

Agree about Drabik though he would be doing better.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Smektala is a talent and having a good season,I was thinking Pawlicki or Kolodziez instead of Kubera (even though he was having a good night) in Ht 14.

Agree about Drabik though he would be doing better.

He's got that substance abuse case hanging over him. Must weigh heavily. 

4 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Quite. That race for third when they're on the wrong end of a 5-1 is lucrative. Also, suppose a pair is holding second and third on a 3-3. If all four finish the third-placed gets the bonus. But, should the fourth-placed rider not finish the bonus isn't given, so it's best even on a 3-3 to make sure you get second, just in case. This is what happens when the points money becomes so large as in Poland. The ruthlessness adds edge to the racing but kills team riding. 

I suppose it's like most things in life "teamwork makes the dream work"... until it comes to payday

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I suppose it's like most things in life "teamwork makes the dream work"... until it comes to payday

The more money at stake the less of a team sport speedway is.