British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Peterborough 20.05.21

Is it raining or rained in sheffield ? Dry as a bone in Derby and according to forecast light rain or showers... This does smell a bit, Will be interesting what happens with the weather but a it MIGHT rain is pants.... Now to work out if i can attend the restaging or work out if i can get a refund !!

The weather forecast is for a 90% or 100% chance of rain from 3pm to 10pm all day, but only 80% for some of the time before that. I think that's a bit more than it MIGHT rain!

Heavy rain 12-5 according to the met office. Just not speedway weather unfortunately.

With the Warsaw GP being cancelled i can foresee the Poles telling Riders they cannot travel in and out of the country

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

With the Warsaw GP being cancelled i can foresee the Poles telling Riders they cannot travel in and out of the country

WHY would that make any difference?

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHY would that make any difference?

Polish clubs will want to protect their interests, riding in another league or country increases the riders chances of injury or getting Covid-19 or one of its variants. Along with every country having a variation on rules re Covid. Keep them in Poland within social bubbles means less chance of infection, so their teams stay at full strength.Also  If as it seems you have to pay for tests under certain circumstances when you come to the UK, will any rider want the additional hassle and expense of criss crossing Europe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Polish clubs will want to protect their interests, riding in another league or country increases the riders chances of injury or getting Covid-19 or one of its variants. Along with every country having a variation on rules re Covid. Keep them in Poland within social bubbles means less chance of infection, so their teams stay at full strength.Also  If as it seems you have to pay for tests under certain circumstances when you come to the UK, will any rider want the additional hassle and expense of criss crossing Europe

MY question was why cancelling Warsaw (which, in all honesty, has been on the cards for months) makes any difference? 

1 hour ago, psycho3a said:

Is it raining or rained in sheffield ? Dry as a bone in Derby and according to forecast light rain or showers... This does smell a bit, Will be interesting what happens with the weather but a it MIGHT rain is pants.... Now to work out if i can attend the restaging or work out if i can get a refund !!

The band of rain forecast from the South West has been on the radar for the last few days & is due to stay for today & tomorrow so I expect a few more cancelations.

45 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I think it’s inevitable that at least one Polish club is going to try that at some point over the season, fingers crossed it won’t affect anyone who rides over here but you can see it happening unfortunately. 

• Like 1

not had a drop of rain 12 miles south of the track :shock:

been raining in Barnsley for the last half hour, no sign of it stopping....(12 miles north of the track)

53 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

At this present time most of this years injuries have happened whilst riding in Poland and with the state of the pandemic at the moment riders stand more chance of catching Covid whilst in Poland than anywhere else.