British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators K.O.C 2nd leg 21/07/21

On Wednesday the Pirates take on the Gladiators in the 2nd leg of the koc. 

With a 8 point lead from the first leg I expect Poole to finish the job at Wimborne Road.

The main threat will come from Bjarne Pedersen and Jason Crump and I am sure that Zane Keleher will have a point to prove.

Thoughts.

Will we have a new rider or a NDL option?

Importantly the stadium is open to all again with no restrictions on attendance.  Cash-only on the gate or the usual advance online option. Gates open at the original time of 1830 hours.

For regulars, unfortunately last week's torrential flooding has virtually destroyed the Champs Bar and function space so this area WILL BE CLOSED for several weeks.

However, the various snack bars are all open as is the downstairs bar in the glass (west) grandstand.  Also new merchandise is on sale in the club shop.

Patrons are asked to wear a face mask if they are wandering around the stadium or in the bars/toilets etc.

As long as our 3 heat leaders come through their Premiership commitments on Monday evening then it should be a reasonable home win despite Jason and Bjarne.

I guess there is no streaming now, which is a shame as I have to isolate until the 27th!! Schools seem imo to be the hot spot for Covid atm. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I guess there is no streaming now, which is a shame as I have to isolate until the 27th!! Schools seem imo to be the hot spot for Covid atm. 

so do i and my wife until sat 

Kyle Bickley is drafted in as a guest at 2 for Pirates on Wednesday. The facility for Smetana has lapsed.

Jack Smith has signed for Plymouth and rides at 7.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

so do i and my wife until sat 

And me till Saturday 

I am not there on Wednesday either as I am on holiday on the stunning Lake District until Friday. Should be going up to Leicester on Saturday.

Should be a good crowd then.......!:D:t:

Although the forecasted temperature of 33 degrees tomorrow may keep some away. It'll be interesting to see how the track copes as its been very different in each of the previous 2 home meetings.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Maybe an announcement on Wednesday too!!:cheers:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

Looks like Plymo will need a guest again for Crump. Retired from tonight’s meeting. 

Oh no what happened to JC?! They should see if Scott Nicholls is free if a guest is needed.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh no what happened to JC?! They should see if Scott Nicholls is free if a guest is needed.

Fell early on and can only imagine hurt his ribs again as it wasn’t particularly heavy from what I saw, he can’t catch a break atm ey!  

Yeah after the performance he put in the other night at Poole he would be a fantastic guest if Crump is still hurting. 

I’ll be amazed if crumpy is there tomorrow which is a shame but thanks for Kelleher rider of the night 2 weeks on the trot,

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Can any track cope with 33 degree heat!! Bickley a good guest though.

Plymouth coped fine!