British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bandits 18/08

Yes, it has Brennan is guesting.

16 minutes ago, screm said:

It might have been mentioned somewhere on here, and its bound to be on our official site but why is NBJ missing tonight.

Wednesday night… Danish league meeting I assume. 

5 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Wednesday night… Danish league meeting I assume. 

You are correct he is racing for Grindsted in their home meeting against Holsted.

Good guest Brennan rode well for us against Poole. I expect Spud and Leon to be amongst the points having both ridden for Birmingham. Depends what Jye and Gapp turn up as to whether we get anything out of this meeting. My prediction which was miles off last night at Kent lol 49-41

31 minutes ago, Normski said:

Good guest Brennan rode well for us against Poole. I expect Spud and Leon to be amongst the points having both ridden for Birmingham. Depends what Jye and Gapp turn up as to whether we get anything out of this meeting. My prediction which was miles off last night at Kent lol 49-41

I predict something similar to last nights efforts at Kent.

• Like 1

With 10 mins before parade, crowd does seem to have dwindled. With Albion playing a couple of miles away, not unexpected.

Assume Bandit Kasper Andersen the same rider who is also in the King's Lynn septet?

• Like 1

Track looks like it's had a good soaking.

4 hours ago, screm said:

You are correct he is racing for Grindsted in their home meeting against Holsted.

They probably pray for the occasional dusty meeting in Denmark 

According to Updates site Berwick have named Greg Blair at number 8, yet they are not using R/R.  How does that work??

Edited by StevePark

6 minutes ago, StevePark said:

According to Updates site Berwick have names Greg Blair at number 8, yet they are not using R/R.  How does that work??

Just in case.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, StevePark said:

According to Updates site Berwick have names Greg Blair at number 8, yet they are not using R/R.  How does that work??

I wouldn't worry, he's sat at home

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, screm said:

It might have been mentioned somewhere on here, and its bound to be on our official site but why is NBJ missing tonight.

It was mentioned as far back as last week's programme, NBJ has official Danish commitment, Tom Brennan named as guest.

Wheels came off again.Only 2 down after heat 11.Good to see Leon showing consistency now he has moved into Team.

• Like 2

No dust tonight, much better track. But still a little bumpy on turn 1.
Not the best of meetings but if Brennan could have a word with Erik Riss before every meeting along the lines of what he said to him after heat 13 that would be good, heat 15 is the first time Riss has rode Perry Bar like he did for Redcar in 2019 that I've seen.  Not sure what Brennan was upset about, Riss was leading with Brennan chasing but didn't seem to swerve to impede him to me.
Other than the Brummies #1 maximum a word for James Shanes who battled for his 9 points and when he did eventually gate in his final ride was very quick.  Harris was odd, super quick in his first ride, missed the gate in his third caught Flint & Brennan by the end of the first lap but then couldn't find a way past. Didn't make the gate in his final two rides having swapped bikes but rounded all with ease, except the inspired Riss in heat 15.
Thomas was much improved.  Castagna wasn't gating was well as recently as is reflected in his score, but the Italian & Morris have done as much as any Brummie to win the two recent 46-44 home meetings so no complaints.  Morris was many to succumb to mechanical gremlins in the early stages of the meeting, Thomas & Andersen both packed up in heat 8, Thomas was smart enough to tootle around for a point whereas Andersen threw his bike down on eth centre green in disgust.
Speaking of which Grobauer needed 3 heats to complete 4 laps and wouldn't have scored a point had Etheridge not slid off for the second time, his two falls meant the victory was comfortable for the home side who were flattered by the final score.  The Bandits only resistance was from Brennan & Flint, the rest of the Bandits had a night to forget.  Andersen has one decent ride & an argument with the start marshall, Bickley never looked like scoring.

Bad news for Brummies is the Albion are at home again next Wednesday, good news for me is that the hawthorns kick off is again at 8 pm, the M6 is not looking a viable way home any time soon.

Edited by Col