British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Redcar vs Poole 20/08/21

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I watched the stream, which was excellent.

Where did you purchase the stream. 

30 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Disappointed with the way we faded at the end. Our gating disappeared just when we needed it however you have to give credit to the  Bears and in particular a superb performance from Charles Wright ,Michael Palm Toff and Jake Allen not forgetting Anders Rowe.

A poor night for Rory Schlein and has been already mentioned a under par showing from Ben Cook didn't help the Pirates cause.

No excuses though, Redcar came good they were fired up and delivered when they needed to in heats 13 to 15.

Well done to Redcar Bears.

I do feel that they will give us a good meeting in the return match at Wimborne Road next month but I think Poole will get revenge.

You can't really put the blame at Bens door, he's only just returned from injury. But if you want to throw sticks, they must be aimed at Rory, his tally is knowhere near what you would expect from a heatleader. Basso looks very useful , give him a few meetings to get his feet in the door

Great match and after 10 heats it looked like a Pirates four point win. Poole riders were so much faster after bend two it looked like a Bears hammering . Heat 11 gave the Bears hope, Gary Havelock missed a trick by not putting Hume in for Cook in heat 12 , then the Bears seized the incentive in 13 & 14.

Basso looked impressive on his debut , Worrell was the best I’ve seen him at MPA until his last ride but Rowe turned the match for me in his last three rides, did very well to turn his form around.

Good crowd, great atmosphere and even good second half racing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Where did you purchase the stream. 

I didn’t purchase it I was offered the chance to watch it and report on any bugs etc..

14 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Didn’t think the stream was live yet, thought they were still sorting it out

Yes it’s not officially live. The stream was excellent though with a commentator and guest rider from Berwick. A few very small gremlins but to be honest it was good enough to pay £12 for and no one would have been disappointed. Four camera production with full colour graphics which would Shame Eurosport.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Had an enjoyable night watching the Pirates at Redcar. Ok we lost but the racing is always fantastic there. Well done to the Bears & the Bears fans. 

Yes we did throw it away, just didn't have the final punch when we needed it most 

8pts up goin into heat 11 and I thought if we got one more heat advantage before heat 13 it should be enough to see us home. But from then on it went poop, in fact very poopie! 

Ben Basso, WOW WOW WOW! He's sensational, watching him make his debut was an amazing treat. All out attack attack attack for all 4 laps. And in heat 8 he won with the fastest time of the night 53.9! A Star is born. 

BRASSO his nickname as he cleans up the opposition. Pirate's fans will take a shine to him! :party:

And we Pirates are top of the league, so not such a bad night after all. :cheers:

• Like 1

Not the best meeting I have seen at Redcar racing wise but a great fight back from the Bears to nick  it at the death. 
Basso certainly looks a prospect and us Leicester supporters there were bemused that Danyon didn’t replace Cook in heat 12.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrew2021 said:

Top 5 all on 31 PTS!

Can't imagine that's ever happened before! Only 2 points between the bottom 5 as well!

As the longstanding Bears fan next to me remarked: "The meeting was better than the racing."

Who would have bet on a home win - let alone a home win by six points - after heat 10?

Great to see Bears have opened (this season, I was told) elevated back straight standing. It's a superb vantage point.

Do speedway clubs really need to be issuing glossy Curtis Sport programmes costing three quid?

1 hour ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Do speedway clubs really need to be issuing glossy Curtis Sport programmes costing three quid?

I believe they do. It's a revenue for sponsorship. Not to mention, they sell!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elmo said:

Not the best meeting I have seen at Redcar racing wise but a great fight back from the Bears to nick  it at the death. 
Basso certainly looks a prospect and us Leicester supporters there were bemused that Danyon didn’t replace Cook in heat 12.

Havelock made the exact same mistake at Berwick giving an unwarranted ride to James Wright, when he had done nothing but Hume had scored well. He repeated the same error ladt night when it was obvious Cook was struggling and Hume was scoring. Thought he would have learned.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Havelock made the exact same mistake at Berwick giving an unwarranted ride to James Wright, when he had done nothing but Hume had scored well. He repeated the same error ladt night when it was obvious Cook was struggling and Hume was scoring. Thought he would have learned.

Steve i also felt he made a mistake in the away Leicester encounter he kept Bowtell in an easier winnable heat 8.In that meeting he also gave Wright five starts to be fair he did score seven .He somehow got away with that night because Hume surprisingly went out in heat 14 and beat Douglas.

9 hours ago, Andrew2021 said:

Top 5 all on 31 PTS!

9 hours ago, scottyfan said:

But the Pirates have at least 1 home match in hand on the other 4  :t:

On a ‘form’ basis:

Poole + 16

Glasgow +13

Redcar +10

Edinburgh +7

Scunthorpe +4